THE MAD THUMBER

Setanta

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 05:23 pm
Hi sports fans. Have you seen this? Have you noticed? Some misguided fool is going around voting posts down, one after the other. It doesn't matter who has posted, or what the subject is. In ESL threads, in the funny pictures thread, in music threads. Anywhere and everywhere, anyone and everyone gets the down-thumb. Now isn't that special?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 14,073 • Replies: 162
Topic Closed

roger

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 05:37 pm
@Setanta,
I saw that a few days ago, too. Probably too hard to track down.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 06:27 pm
But we can have fun with it, no?
Region Philbis

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 06:30 pm
@Setanta,

someone sure is -- this has over 5000 views in a little over an hour...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 09:08 pm
a theme song for the thumb-owner

glitterbag

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 09:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Warren Zevon wrote that song around 1976....it was terrific for him and for Linda Ronstadt ....... we saw her in DC around 1978...what a voice.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to vote down a bunch of posts because I just might be that asshole.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 7 Jul, 2018 07:07 pm
@Setanta,
If it's a word game I'm playing in. I'll up thumb the current page of down thumbed posts before or after posting my newest answer to the word game.
Lash

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:27 am
The thing is—if it bothers you, they are delighting in screwing with you.

This thread is a sexy payoff for him/her.

0 Replies

Lash

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:28 am
@tsarstepan,
I’m used to thumb crap, but I laughed out loud when my haikus were thumbed down.

My haikus? Lol!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 02:54 pm
This thread is ridicule for the fool--if she wants to think she's won something, that's no skin off my nose.

Ed, what do we have for our winning contestant today?

Johnny, it's a brand new car!

Rolling Eyes
maxdancona

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 05:54 pm
This thread is hilarious. All of the worst offenders of the in-crowd here complaining about down thumbs.

This is like listening to Trump supporters complaining about fake news.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 09:33 pm
@Setanta,
I'm not sure how many of you know Vonny, she never ventures into the political or anything remotely contentious....just the game and silly threads.....she's very nice but someone has voted her down to zero on one of the game threads. I don't get it, I don't care about the thumbs but I really don't understand why someone would target Vonny.
Lash

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 09:37 pm
Everybody on the last page was 0'd. Nobody targeted Vonny.
glitterbag

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 09:40 pm
@Lash,
You noticed it?
Lash

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 09:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Pages of a wide variety of people who are on haiku threads or those benign game threads are being voted down.

I think everybody's noticed, but it's just harmless shenanigans. Probably some teenager.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Setanta

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 09:55 pm
@glitterbag,
That's what I found so amusing--Vonny is a harmless and a nice member. So the mad thumber is just obsessively voting people down. Engineer got voted down for a (correct) response in an English as a second language thread. It's idiocy--and it's amusing. Laughoutloud, below your post (above this one), has an appropriate response.
laughoutlood

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 11:22 pm
Diffident Thumber.

0 Replies

NSFW (view)
izzythepush

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:20 am
I blame Firefly, not her personally but those she's upset. Once she started arguing with the fascist idiots all her posts started getting thumbed down.

She posts a lot on those threads and at first it was only her posts that got voted down. My guess is that whoever it is that's doing it was upset that FF has so many friends she plays games with that they decided to teach all those people they don't like/know a lesson for engaging with her.

Now they're doing it for attention.

Just a theory, but I think it's a good 'un.

1. Forums
  2. » THE MAD THUMBER
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:49:58