THE MAD THUMBER

Olivier5

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 06:26 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Robert mentioned multiple IP addresses and that's not particularly hard, but it does mean someone with serious intent and some know-how.

All it would take to do that is a VPN account.
engineer

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 07:19 am
@Olivier5,
It means a VPN account, multiple A2K accounts and either an absurd amount of time clicking or writing a bot that would be specific to the A2K layout. I lean towards the latter because if it was a person, they would likely skip the games and ESL threads, but this attack was comprehensive. That's a lot more than the average A2K extremist is going to go through.
Olivier5

Tue 17 Jul, 2018 10:13 pm
@engineer,
Could just be one or a couple of monkeys with a VPN account, getting a kick out of downvoting... The coding necessary to build a bot would also not be rocket science, but I note that many threads were spared so I now doubt there's a bot involved.

IMO it's just a monkey pooping around. Add to that the misguided retaliations, the petty behavior of some posters who like to downvote posts as a way to collapse them on their page, and the healthier reaction of others who started thumbing up pretty much everything in response or anticipation of the monkey... and you get one big runcus for nothing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » THE MAD THUMBER
  3. » Page 9
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:13:49