THE MAD THUMBER

Walter Hinteler

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:30 am
@izzythepush,
It is interesting to watch when it is not done/done, narrows the time zone at least a bit.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:47 am
@izzythepush,
I think your right izzy, firefly has displayed incredible patience when the topic was abuse or rape.....She has much more patience than I do and actually tried to have a conversation with the Trogs. She disappeared for quite some time and only recently returned. Her posts are far rom rude, and certainly not when you compare them to gungasnake's russian fake news or coldjoints pro-authoritarian russian stuff. I think she has just been exhausted by the i%&*@#$, can you blame her?
firefly

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 05:27 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I blame Firefly, not her personally but those she's upset. Once she started arguing with the fascist idiots all her posts started getting thumbed down.

She posts a lot on those threads and at first it was only her posts that got voted down. My guess is that whoever it is that's doing it was upset that FF has so many friends she plays games with that they decided to teach all those people they don't like/know a lesson for engaging with her.

Now they're doing it for attention.

I don't doubt that one or two people, upset by my posts in one political thread, have voted down my posts in that thread, as well as in the game threads I post in, in a childish sort of vendetta. I couldn't care less about that, it's just ridiculous. I've always felt the entire thumbs voting system is nonsense. If the idiots doing this think they are upsetting me, they have really missed the mark--it gives me a chuckle.

My political views can be provocative for Trump's Trumpeters, but I really don't argue with them--mostly I ignore them and do not respond to their posts, because they offer very little in the way of substance to actually debate. But I'm not about to muzzle my political opinions to mollify them. And if these ninnies want to waste their time following me from game thread to game thread to vote me down, I don't want to spoil their fun. Let them, maybe they'll discover some new threads to provide an outlet for their obvious needs for attention.

Why just two days ago, a post of mine in the Famous People Name Game thread was immediately followed by one in pink ink--by a poster I've not encountered in that thread before, but one who is certainly hyperactive in the political threads. So that was sort of a dead giveaway as to who one of the following/thumbing culprits might be--and possibly the main one. But I'm glad if he's discovering other threads for his diversion.

But, izzy, I can't agree that this is an orchestrated thumbs-down campaign to target everyone else on any other threads I post in--"to teach all those people they don't like/know a lesson for engaging with" me. For engaging with little old me? Laughing Come on, that would be a little mindless even for these nitwits. The reason the people and the patterns being "thumbed down" make little or no sense is because the entire scheme is not being carried out by the greatest minds on the planet.

And, if you think they are doing it for attention, which is very possible, why reward them with your attention?

Ignore them, or try a few whiffs of this
https://t7.rbxcdn.com/71bd0014f533579b8977c38742ceebf0

Why do we even need these silly thumbs at all? If people want to respond to a post, they should type a reply. The thumbs really serve no useful purpose on a forum board.
firefly

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 06:15 am
@glitterbag,
Glitter, I never disappeared from A2K, I just wasn't posting in any discussion threads until fairly recently. But I'm glad we caught up with each other again.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 06:59 am
@firefly,
I don't think it's orchestrated, just a disgruntled loser with too much time on his hands. And yes I'm fairly certain said loser is male.

Don't go changing, you're fantastic just the way you are.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 10:28 am
I thumb down every post complaining about thumbs. Just a general rule I follow.
engineer

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 10:32 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Engineer got voted down ...

Wait! Something needs to be done!
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 08:07 pm
Just eponymed at the ribald NSFW star.

The use of a word rhyming with 'at' to mean a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious is innocence personified.

Glitterbag's wicked reverb is however thoroughly deserved.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:04 pm
@maporsche,
Well I thumbed up that post, so there!
roger

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 09:08 pm
@Setanta,
So did I. Sometimes it's fun to let out the inner jerk.
0 Replies

flowerbee

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 11:14 pm
Some misguided fool has been thumbing down posts left and right! This is one of the gravest offenses that has ever befallen humanity. Some jerk is pressing a button, and down-voting posts. On the internet no less! It's a dark day indeed when the able2know echo chamber becomes disrupted, and the same voices and opinions aren't regurgitated and allowed to reinforce each other over and over again unfettered.

And we all know that no one has ever been gang-downvoted by the mob here on able2know for not conforming before. But really, that should change. People shouldn't be allowed to disagree or deviate from the group think on able2know. Thinking outside the box is not what able2know is known for. Independent thought is for Nazis, and one thing is for certain, whoever is committing the serious thought crime of disliking posts is a fascist. Let's be honest, the person is probably an outright Nazi! This is another indicator of the Nazis and the KKK taking over the country. Like when Drumf/45 put those poor children in straight up concentration camps. The fascists have already overtaken the government, and they are going to march us all off to the gas chambers next!

In this country people shouldn't be allowed to have views that differ from others. Homogeneity without dissent/wrong think should be the goal. That's why when long standing a2k members voice an opinion we don't like, we're right to gang up and vote them down, because that is true justice and the very definition of liberal compassion and inclusion. But if one lone person 'Mad Thumbs' down posts, that is terrorism and Nazism. Just like how when conservatives very eloquently express themselves using facts and reason to justify their positions. That is evil and hate speech. But when liberals like Maxine Waters encourage mobs of people to assault elected officials, that is tolerant and inclusive.

I guess what I'm saying is that we shouldn't have to hear opinions from people who disagree with us. We've got to stop the Nazis! I think members like coldjoint, layman, gungasnake, and oralloy should be outright banned for life. Just like that asshole hawkeye was. Mob down voting their every post isn't enough, and we can't take chances with verified fascists. maxdancona should probably be banned as well.
roger

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 11:22 pm
@flowerbee,
Aha!
coluber2001

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 11:32 pm
This thumber is spending a lot of time thumbing down posts. He's not expressing an opinion. He's just searching for negative strokes.

It kind of reminds me of professional golf on television where somebody yells, "In the hole!" as loud as he can about a split-second after the golfer has finished his swing. Then he rushes home and turns on the tape to listen to himself shouting. Unfortunately, that's the extent of his creativity.

On Abuzz they totaled the positive and negative responses separately instead of the net positive and negative responses we have here
flowerbee

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 11:35 pm
@coluber2001,
true. Because it's not negativity when people gang down vote voices they disagree with here, unlike the 'mad thumber', that's actually compassion on the gang's part. A positive thing. But the 'mad thumber is negative.
coluber2001

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 11:51 pm
@flowerbee,
There are people on A2K who get a kick out of giving and receiving negative stokes. It's A hard habit to get out of. A lot of these threads degenerate into nothing but the trading of negative strokes between two people.
flowerbee

Mon 9 Jul, 2018 11:55 pm
@coluber2001,
yes. And it's a good thing there are far more compassionate liberals to outnumber the fascists with compassion strokes. The strokes of righteousness, smiting down the fascist dissent strokes. That's not bullying, that's compassion. Also de-platforming thought criminals. That's God's good work!
glitterbag

Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:04 am
@flowerbee,
Welcome to A2K, what name did you formerly post under? I'm not so sure Hawkeye is banned for life, he rarely posts, but he has posted after his last suspension was lifted for targeting another member an calling him/her slurs regarding sexual orientation ...but I seem to remember his pals saying he was posting elsewhere more regularly.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 10 Jul, 2018 04:16 am
@roger,
Mystery solved!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 10 Jul, 2018 08:41 am
This negative stroke-giving starts in childhood, and it's pretty simple. If you don't get enough or any positive strokes from your parents you fall into a habit of acting out, being bratty and getting negative strokes in return. It's apparently better than not getting any strokes at all.

The habit carries on into adulthood where you actually feel uncomfortable if you get a positive stroke and trading negative strokes seems normal. Some people actually make a living at it, the late Don Rickles, for example.

The cure is simple enough, but it helps to have a therapist proficient in redecision therapy.
Banana Breath

Tue 10 Jul, 2018 09:16 am
@coluber2001,
I've done some research on the thumbing phenomenon, and there is definitely a correlation between excessive thumbing and thumb hematoma and subsequent enlargement. Based on this, I have identified a suspect, one Uma Thurman. If you see this individual in the vicinity, please immediately report her to the A2K Sheriff. Do not try to apprehend her yourself, she may be dangerous.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8b/3e/4a/8b3e4aaede8c133c7373dadc1705ffae--uma-thurman-cowgirls.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cc/63/fe/cc63fe07c39aeebae1467ad6ff4bbb95.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » THE MAD THUMBER
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:25:57