My girlfriend is getting into my nerves.

mygf118

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2018 02:38 am
I have a Korean girlfriend whom I met in an international dating blog. I got problems with her in terms of being romantic. Don’t get me wrong; I love her. I like the way she is. I like it when she’s being sweet to me. It’s just that she’s too much. She is into couple shirts, couple rings, couple shoes and a lot more. I’m not into that. It’s fine with me though but not to the extent that we almost look stupid. I find it extremely childish. I hate it everytime she asks me to wear this and that. If I won’t do what she wants, she will stop talking to me the whole day. She’s getting into my nerves. Everytime I tell her about how I feel with those stuff, she will get mad. What should I do with her? Help!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 478 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2018 07:11 am
@mygf118,
This is middle school behavior on her part.

Tell her what you told us (nicely). That it's too much, you can't and won't do it all the time, etc.

If being matchy-matchy means that much to her, she'll end the relationship. And you'll have dodged a bullet, if matching shoes matters more to her than how you feel.
bluepearl4ever

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 07:31 pm
@jespah,
Ok while I agree that you should tell her about what how you feel let's not call it middle-school behavior. Couple outfits are very normal and popular in Korea, it's not childish there and I think we need to be a little bit more understanding of the cultural differences. This does not mean you have to do something you're not comfortable doing, but compromise requires that you understand what is really important to your partner and actually meeting half way.
0 Replies