New Deadwood starts Sunday

Ethel2

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 12:30 pm
I've been tuning in. When I'm home. Excellent.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 02:54 pm
I love Calamity Jane. She's a bad-a**!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 09:51 pm
yeah, well I like the guy in the dirty t-shirt and pin stripped suit coat..........he's clearly the real alpha male. Exquisite.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:39 am
You mean personal favorite Al Swearengen? He kills me. He almost always has the best lines. I love how complex his character has gotten since the first episode. A real bastard but with some sort of underlying and hidden morality.

I'm also partial to the doc and Ellsworth.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:50 am
Swearengen seems to be the writer's favorite character as well (from an interview I read). There is no character, even the most minor, without more color and imaginativeness than almost anything we see elsewhere. Or we could speak about the direction...how does this fellow (I assume) get these actors to perform so incredibly well? Makeup...camera work...lighting...it's bloody unbelievable. But yes, it is the words more than anything else which really demonstrate this writer's genius.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:53 am
Swearingen, I love that c**ksucker.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 10:18 am
I read an interview with Ian McShane (Al Swearengen) and he said that to keep the realism he wears the same pair on longjohns and he won't let them wash them.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 10:49 am
I saw a behind the scenes on HBO by accident. Apparently, the cast gets the story before they get the script, and they get the script at the last possible minute. That's just amazing to me.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 11:45 am
The fastest and best hour on TV. Haven't missed an episode
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:29 pm
I think I'll have to start a Swearengen fan club. Is it an accidnet that the word "swear" is in his name?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:32 pm
Lola Spellengen.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 10:19 pm
You know I can't spell, Bernie. Now shut up! Laughing
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 03:41 pm
Just read a tidbit about "Deadwood" casting that threw me a curve. The actor who plays the urbane sexual sadist working for Hearst and who killed several prostitutes in a recent episode is the same actor who played the goofy-looking guy who killed Wild Bill Hickock in Season One! A sure tribute to make-up and acting chops if I ever saw them!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 07:05 pm
Aha! I knew I'd seen him somewhere before! Yes, that's him. I totally see that now.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 08:46 pm
wow!
0 Replies