23
   

Abortion is immoral. Period.

 
 
Chang
 
Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 01:22 pm
I guess I'm just looking to find other like minded people out there who understand how precious life is. With president Trump getting a SCOTUS pick, I think it's finally time for a change, and for America to reclaim it's moral compass. Murder is wrong. Babies are people. We need to stop allowing these immoral democrats to bully the American people, who indeed do cherish human life. Abortion on demand has been used as a form of birth control for too long. It's time for us as a nation to stand tall and become decent people once again. We need to shed this post-modern nonsense and immorality.

I have faced personal and professional backlash and been threatened and harassed for standing up for the right to life, and the right for both the father and the child to have a say in this matter. The liberals are viscous and unscrupulous and will do anything and everything to bully and intimidate those who oppose them.

I'm ready to fight for those poor children who's right to life is disregarded in favor of immoral post-modern women's right to be promiscuous, selfish, and reckless. I want to know who else out there is strong enough to take a stand against murder and evil.

Thank you ✌️
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 23 • Views: 10,189 • Replies: 406

 
McGentrix
 
  5  
Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 03:18 pm
If you don't want to have an abortion, sounds like you shouldn't have one. Keep your nose out of other people's vagina's.
roger
 
  8  
Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 03:27 pm
@Chang,
Of course, you assume your morality is superior to anyone else's morality.
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  4  
Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:00 pm
@Chang,
Quote:
I have faced personal and professional backlash and been threatened and harassed for standing up for the right to life, and the right for both the father and the child to have a say in this matter. The liberals are viscous and unscrupulous and will do anything and everything to bully and intimidate those who oppose them.

1. Do you condemn the acts of violence and threats against the doctors and employees who work in these clinics?

2. Do you condemn the acts of violence and threats against the women who utilize these clinics?
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:16 pm
@Chang,
I am sympathetic to the view that abortion is deeply morally troubling tooamy because it takes a human life. Beliefs about morally differ from person to person or from culture to culture. I do believe that abortion should be safe, legal and rare .... but I understand the feeling of urgency on this issue.

If you beloved that abortion is killing a child, you would feel the same as the OP. Think about how you feel about female circumcision if you want to understand the emotion.

I think the responses on this thread are awfully callous.
georgeob1
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 04:30 pm
@maxdancona,
I agree with you, and believe some of the zealous intolerance of abortion enthusiasts stems from their own, perhaps suppressed, recognition of the underlying moral issues. They cling to the absolute rightness of their cause just as did the former slave owners of the South rigidly clung to the belief that Africans were an inferior species, or something like that. An alternative view would require them to face the real facts that they were taking the lives and freedom of other humans just like themselves. - very uncomfortable.

Like you, I believe abortion should be available, but rare. The rights of individuals to make their own moral judgments on participating in it should be respected, and states should be able to continue regulating it it just as they do other like issues.
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  4  
Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 09:18 pm
@maxdancona,
Oh? Considering the OP considers anyone involved to be guilty of 'murder and evil', I thought we were being surprisingly gentle. My idea of evil includes making demands on what a woman is required to do within her own body.
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 09:42 am
@Chang,
Chang wrote:

The liberals are viscous and unscrupulous and will do anything and everything to bully and intimidate those who oppose them.

FFS?!
Merriam-Webster wrote:

Definition of viscous

1 : having a thick or sticky consistency : viscid ·viscous secretions
·viscous corn syrup

2 technical : having or characterized by a high resistance to flow ·viscous lava

Social conservatives tend to be (mostly) brainless, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, and undereducated (in terms of science and math). They tend to be far more viscous... personality wise because of their inability to recognize their stubborn, arrogance against social and civic progress.
georgeob1
 
  -2  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:21 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:


Social conservatives tend to be (mostly) brainless, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, and undereducated (in terms of science and math). They tend to be far more viscous... personality wise because of their inability to recognize their stubborn, arrogance against social and civic progress.


What you are referring to here as "social and civic progress" has significant elements in it of secular totalitarianism, replete as it is with group values & judgments, and detailed proscriptions of how people must believe and behave. The 2oth century was driven by such entities: they produced a great deal of human misery, and failed utterly to achieve their self proclaimed goals … or even to survive their own internal contradictions.

Your expressed opinion of social conservatives above sounds a lot like the rhetoric of Soviet and Nazi propagandists against their own chosen social or class enemies.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 12:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Social conservatives tend to be (mostly) brainless, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, and undereducated (in terms of science and math). They tend to be far more viscous... personality wise because of their inability to recognize their stubborn, arrogance against social and civic progress.


This is the reason that Trump is president. If the Democrats attack voters, they can't be surprised when they go for the other party.

The moment I knew that Hillary lost the election was when I went to the Topsfield fair in Massachusetts (a big yearly fair north of Boston) and t-shirts saying things like "Proud Deplorable" were selling like hot cakes.

The American people have a wide range of beliefs. If you lump everyone who disagrees with you on any issue in one large group of "brainless, homophobic, misogynistic, racist and undereducated".... you are basically giving up their votes. Being morally opposed to abortion does not make you brainless. It does not make you misogynistic or any of those other insults you are slinging.

Once you call someone an idiot, you have no right to ask for their vote.

https://teeshirtpalace-production.s3.amazonaws.com/spree/images/IMD4567-BLACK-AT/large/IMD4567-BLACK-AT.jpg?1474043497

najmelliw
 
  2  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 01:21 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This is the reason that Trump is president. If the Democrats attack voters, they can't be surprised when they go for the other party.


Don't forget that the OP took the first stab here max: 'I have faced personal and professional backlash and been threatened and harassed for standing up for the right to life, and the right for both the father and the child to have a say in this matter. The liberals are viscous and unscrupulous and will do anything and everything to bully and intimidate those who oppose them.'

Hardly the words of a 'beacon of moral fortitude', and precisely the type of abrasive, inflammatory language that will raise the hackles of many a person. And they might just reply in kind.

Abortion should never be used as some sort of 'morning after' birth control, or so I believe. However, apart from that, I'm glad it exists. There are far more aspects to a pregnancy than just carrying your child to term: it's nine months out of a woman's life, and in those nine months the fact that one is pregnant usually is quite visible. That can have negative consequences for income and social standing for the woman. Which becomes especially sour if the child is the consequence of rape. And rarely do these 'beacons of moral fortitude' offer a helping hand to such woman: usually, they do no more than lift one finger, so they can point the woman out and condemn her for the 'harlot she must be'.
0 Replies
 
Kolyo
 
  6  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 05:24 pm
@Chang,
Let me see if I've got this straight...

You're fine with male politicians telling women what to do with their bodies, but anyone who asserts that women should be masters of their own bodies is a bully, according to you?

Okay, got it.
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 05:50 pm
What McG said . . .
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -3  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:16 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
You're fine with male politicians telling women what to do with their bodies


This is ridiculous. Why does the gender of the politician matter?

There are plenty of female politicians who are pro-life. So what?
Kolyo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
You're fine with male politicians telling women what to do with their bodies


This is ridiculous. Why does the gender of the politician matter?

There are plenty of female politicians who are pro-life. So what?



Good for you, max, standing up for all those bullied men in Congress who merely want to control women's bodies.

Do you wish it was YOU in Congress, making those laws? Just think how powerful it would make you feel. Except it's not you, and it never will be.

Just like the scientists of yours that you want everyone here to grovel before aren't you either. I'll never understand betas.
maxdancona
 
  -2  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:39 pm
@Kolyo,
I am not standing up for anybody Kolyo. I am saying that your argument is ridiculous.

Members of Congress are elected to represent their constituents. Many Americans, both men and women, believe that abortion is immoral and should be illegal. Politicians in districts where most people believe this either support abortion, or they don't get elected.

That's how our democratic system works.

Are you saying that male politicians shouldn't represent the views of their constituents? What you are arguing doesn't make sense.
Kolyo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:44 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Are you saying that male politicians shouldn't represent the views of the constituents? What you are arguing doesn't make sense.


They are responsible for the laws they pass restricting what women can do with their bodies, just as you are morally responsible for defending them. Their constituents are morally responsible for having voted for them.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:47 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
They are responsible for the laws they pass restricting what women can do with their bodies


Yes! They are responsible to their constituencies for the laws they pass restricting what women can do with their bodies. Many Americans, men and women alike, want these laws restricting what women can do with their bodies. They want this because many Americans (men and women) believe that abortion is morally troubling because they view it as the taking of a human life.

Yes, the constituents (men and women) are responsible for these laws. That is the way that democracy works.

What's your point?
Kolyo
 
  0  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Yes! They are responsible to their constituencies for the laws they pass restricting what women can do with their bodies.


First and foremost, they are responsible to their conscience.

"My constituents made me do it" are the words of a moral coward, on par with "I was following orders."
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 08:52 pm
@Kolyo,
You are living in an ideological bubble.

Someone who believes that abortion is immoral as the taking of a human life would say the same thing. You are just as responsible to your conscience, as are the political representatives you elect.
 

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Abortion is immoral. Period.
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/26/2019 at 04:39:37