Cav / Paul - my brother and friend

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 12:19 pm
Mezzie, I remember when you first signed on at A2K. We were all anticipating your arrival because Paul had lauded you to the high heavens as the more intellectual brother, and had said, several times, that anything he wasn't competent to answer, he would refer to you. I'm so sorry that you have lost the best friend you will ever have. Heal gently. And thank you so much for sharing that eulogy. Please feel free to share anything else that comes to mind. Talking helps. I know.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 12:44 pm
Thank you, Mezzie, for sharing your eulogy. It is beautiful that you spoke directly to your brother.... so much more meaningful than speaking of him. The Japanese poem is wonderful, too. Thanks for the good chuckle you gave me with your dad's comment. I'm sure Paul would have loved that. Please send your parents my warm regards. Your family has been in my thoughts.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 01:56 pm
Thank you for posting that, Mezzie.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 02:04 pm
I join the chorus of heartfelt thank yous.

It will be wonderful to hear more - when you are ready.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 03:35 pm
Mezzie, that was a moving read and a very fine tribute.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:37 pm
Thank you Mezzie for sharing - darn if you didn't cause a tear and a big pause for me to think and reflect on my younger brother.

Bless You!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 05:44 pm
Thank you, mezzie. I hope posting here brings you comfort. I know it helped me when my sister died.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 06:33 pm
What Merry Andrews said above is true. Cav had a lot of respect and admiration for you.

A spin on what Sozobe said - Cav was very much about his family, but also very much a product of his family. From what I hear his family, blood and beyond, is remarkable.

Thank you for coming to us to share.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:58 pm
mezzie, I'm Japanese American, and your poem overwhelmed me with emotion. Thank you for sharing your feelings with all of us. I always knew Paul was special - even before he prepared that special meal for me and my wife when we visited Toronto. My heart aches too as does many who knew Paul. Blessings. c.i./Tak
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:04 am
mezzie

Thank you so much for sharing the eulogy with us. It was moving, beautiful & inspiring.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:20 am
Thank you so much Mezzie.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 08:00 am
Absolutely beautiful Mezzie. Thank you for sharing.
0 Replies

Mrs Buttercup Cavfancier

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 10:36 am
Your brother
Hi Mezzie. Hope you and Mrs. Mezzie finally get home soon...

Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 10:58 am
Hi Buttercup. I've been thinking about you a lot this week. It's nice to see you and Mezzie online. I hope you're doing OK.

You'll be amused to know that I've been trying lots of new recipes in the kitchen and thinking about Cav as I do. Actual results have been mixed. :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:07 pm
Thank you Mezzie. Bare is back that has no brother. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Smash

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:01 pm
That was very touching. I'm sorry I wasn't there to hear it in person.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 08:30 pm
Hello Smash, and welcome.

Another friend of Cav's?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 05:05 am
Welcome, Smash!
0 Replies

Smash

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 10:37 am
sozobe wrote:
Hello Smash, and welcome.

Another friend of Cav's?

Hi. Thanks!

I'm one of his relatives from out west. My uncle let me know about cav's relationship to this site after he returned from Toronto.

It's really amazing to see the way he managed to touch so many people throught this site and, in return, their response to his passing.

It makes me realise that I really should have taken the time to get to know him better.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 11:00 am
Welcome Smash!!! this is a special place
0 Replies