Checks and Balances and the "F-Word"

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 01:22 pm
via SeeingtheForest:

Is there enough going on to make you nervous yet? The Vice President of the United States was the keynote speaker at a conference where other speakers called for "a new McCarthyism" to bring "terror" to intellectuals, saying "let's oppress them [liberals]," and "the entire Harvard faculty" are "traitors." A Congressman said, "America's Operation Iraqi Freedom is still producing shock and awe, this time among the blame-America-first crowd,"? Then he said, "We continue to discover biological and chemical weapons and facilities to make them inside Iraq."

Meanwhile, right-wing commentators talk about killing American journalists, their premier blogs talk about former president Carter as being on the side of the enemyand leftists have "seamlessly taken up the cause of Islamic fascism." I have provided only a few examples.

When you hear threatening talk like this, in the company of the country's leadership, you know that whatever comes next isn't going to be pleasant. Things do not appear to be heading in a good direction at all. If you have been following this in the blogs, you know that more and more people are becomming concerned that the Right's rhetoric is growing ever more violent and totalitarian. Serious people have started referring to the "f-word." (See also here,, here,here,here, and many other places.) read on
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 621 • Replies: 7
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 01:27 pm
"F"antastic?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 01:49 pm
Everyone knows that Ann Coulter is a beast who eats hatred for breakfast (I hear that stuff is better than caffeine). I'm going to give the rest of the conservative population the benefit of the doubt that they don't agree.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 08:21 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Everyone knows that Ann Coulter is a beast who eats hatred for breakfast (I hear that stuff is better than caffeine). I'm going to give the rest of the conservative population the benefit of the doubt that they don't agree.

i'm with you duck. coulter is a simple media whore. ppphhhhhhttttttttt.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 10:18 pm
Richard Belzer coined the phrase "fascist party doll" for her. I think that is most appropriate.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 02:18 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Richard Belzer coined the phrase "fascist party doll" for her. I think that is most appropriate.

yeah!!! i saw that! i spewed beer out of my nose i was laughing so hard! she would have been perfect in one of those fassbinder films about how debauched the nazi elite was. what was it called "lili marlene", i think.

oh, man... now i have this image of righteous ann wearing stilletos, stockings and a teddy with a top hat perched over one eye...

frankly, if i wasn't a rock musician i'd probably be disgusted. oh crap... she just started talking. oh wellllll....

Laughing
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 02:30 am
Ohhh!! THAT 'f' word! I though Dick Cheney was at it again.........
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 09:08 am
Laughing DTOM
0 Replies