Is the Right-wing losing its collective mind?

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:20 am
A Question
Here's What's Left

A right-wing news anchor intentionally and unarguably lies about what FDR said about social security. A right-wing journalist turns out to be a gay prostitute. A right-wing president appoints a criminal to be the chief of US intelligence. The RNC chair accuses Howard Dean of being a racist. The NY State GOP chairassociates Howard Dean with a traitor. A right-wing blog accuses a former president of being a traitor. Then they do it again. Another right-wing blogger accuses a US Senator of being a traitor.

Is it just me or does it seem like the right-wing is really losing its collective mind these days?

http://www.crooksandliars.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,568 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:29 am
If Righties did this non-stop for the next three years, we couldn't begin to catch up with the schizophrenia of the left.

Bush planned 911--?
Bush knew about 911 in advance--?
Karl Rove is Satan..?
Karl Rove has superhuman powers..?
Bush is being fed Karl Rove directives through an ear piece connected to a box on his back?

Please... I could go on and on...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:31 am
Ah, come on Dook. What is the point of this thread? Must we go here? I wonder how many bloggers I could find that compare our sitting president with Hitler? Heck, I could dig up some old posts here that do that. Or how many left-wing nut jobs have accused right-wingers of just the sort of thing you have posted?

So why go there? Just to stir up hatred and distrust between liberals and conservatives? Ah well, have fun. But I think I will pass. Just seems to be a waste of time if you ask me.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:40 am
Lash, from another thread -

Quote:
(The airhead is currently maintaining a 4.0--so excuse me if I don't take you seriously.) <smiles>

Every single thing you say from this comment on = irrelevant.

It's quite funny, really.... Smile

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:54 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Lash, from another thread -

Quote:
(The airhead is currently maintaining a 4.0--so excuse me if I don't take you seriously.) <smiles>

Every single thing you say from this comment on = irrelevant.

It's quite funny, really.... Smile

Cycloptichorn

Huh... On another thread you said...

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Tico will try to change the subject/confuse the topic as much as possible by refusing to discuss actual events that have taken place, in lieu of attacking sources and the like.

Don't fall for such a lame-ass strategy...

Cycloptichorn

now you write this heaping load of...? That's an interesting strategy you have going. Try to be the moral, upstanding, intelligent poster in one thread, then turn around and blow whatever clout you have built up in the next thread...

I am a bit confused what you are trying to accomplish.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:54 am
cyclops--

Well, that just breaks my heart. Because, everyone knows how much I value your opinion.

<shakes head, sadly>

A sad day in Lash history, this...lol...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:04 pm
So, you'd rather I sticked on the topic of the thread in this case, McG? I thought, as it was speculative and rather inflamatory, that there wasn't anything that was really being, yaknow, discussed. Therefore I didn't feel particularly compelled to stay on topic. But your complaint is valid, I suppose; I'll endeavor to find a few articles that are pertinent.

Quote:
Well, that just breaks my heart. Because, everyone knows how much I value your opinion.

Well, you apparently value people's opinions enough that you feel it's neccessary to post your GPA as a defense of your intelligence/ability.... surely someone with a 4.0 should be able to see the humour in this! The fact you used that sentence in order to imply that you were the opposite of an airhead only makes it funnier.

But, as I said earlier, every single thing you say from this comment on = irrelevant, so before you pen up a response that tears me up for daring to address a 4.0 student in such a fashion, be assured that it will do little more than add to the humour....

Now, as for the topic:

Here's an article about how the same group that funded/ran the SBVfT is now backing an anti-AARP group, and using ads that compare the AARP to being anti-troop and pro-homosexual agenda.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/004863.php

Quote:
« previous | Main | next »
(February 22, 2005 -- 01:11 AM EDT)
GOP front groups like USANext (the folks now working to uncover the AARP-homosexual world conspiracy) usually change their names every couple years or hive off other
Advertisement

Read the Guardian and the Observer exactly as it appears in the
UK, with our digital edition. This is an innovative new service that
combines online delivery with the look and feel of the printed page.

All the sections, all the supplements, complete with original page layouts,
photographs and graphics.

Try the free demo

outfits just to keep everyone guessing. So USANext is actually part of the United Seniors Association, or as they put it: "USA United Generations and USA NEXT are grassroots projects of United Seniors Association (USA) which is celebrating its 13th anniversary as the non-partisan, 1.5 million-plus nationwide grassroots network Uniting the Generations for America's Future."

They share the same website now. So really it's all the same outfit.

In any case, despite claiming this vast membership, this article from last year in The Washington Monthtly makes clear that United Seniors Association is basically a slush fund through which pharmaceutical companies make huge donations to the Republican party.

Says the article ...

Then there's the benignly-named United Seniors Association (USA), which serves as a soft-money slush fund for a single GOP-friendly industry: pharmaceuticals. USA claims a nationwide network of more than one million activists, but, just like Progress for America, listed zero income from membership dues in its most recent available tax return. USA does, however, have plenty of money on its hands. During the 2002 elections, with an "unrestricted educational grant" from the drug industry burning a hole in its pocket, the group spent roughly $14 million--the lion's share of its budget--on ads defending Republican members of Congress for their votes on a Medicare prescription-drug bill.
You can pick up the story on the United Seniors money mill from this July 2003 consumer bulletin from, of all places, the dreaded AARP.

One thing we learn from the AARP bulletin is that they apparently picked up USANext chief Charlie Jarvis from that notorious Spongebob-basher radical cleric James Dobson. Before he got the USANext gig, Jarvis was an executive vice president of Dobson's group Focus on the Family. And in the interests of bringing you all the information, it seems that it is not 100% accurate to say that USANext is a slush fund purely for the drug industry, seeing as how Jarvis was willing to bring the group out in favor of the rights of seniors to drill in ANWR after an Anchorage-based company called Arctic Power cut a check for $181,000. And if all that weren't enough, it seems that as of the summer of 2003 the Social Security Administration itself had secured a 'cease and desist' order against Jarvis's group for sending out mailings that "mislead the public into believing the mail is officially sent or approved by the Social Security Administration."

Charlie Jarvis, quite a piece a' work.

Complete attack job, no relation to reality whatsoever. One wonders how they get away with this?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:16 pm
Cyclops--

Anything of substance you want to discuss? I was looking for something--but your remarks were completely personal. The first one to completely lose their grip.... You seem irate. Enough to drag my fabulous GPA (takes bows, yes, thank you) all the way from another thread. A little throw away line--

I didn't even try, either... Nah, I refused to study--just waved my hands over my books...still...4.0. It's like a curse...

<lol>

Did it upset you?

Did it hurt your feelings?

Seemed to rip your psyche. Of all the things I've said...THAT is what you want to trumpet around? I think you have issues...

I guess you ran out of substanitive comments.

Is there anything in my agument back there you disagree with? Or you just wanna talk about my GPA? <laughing>

Still can't figure out why you went to all that trouble over that, of all things...

(analyzing one-eye>
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:19 pm
And, you REALLY shouldn't talk to someone with a 4.0 like that. I don't think you're qualified...

<too much>
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:25 pm
The concept of someone online pointing out their GPA for as a defense of being called an 'airhead' made me laugh was all. I only posted it here b/c the other topic was locked before I got a chance.

And, no, I have no desire to debate you on it. If you don't understand the humour of your post by now, no amount of posting on my part is going to enlighten you.

Yes, I understand that this will inevitably lead to a scornful post by you about my inability to (insert criticism here). Unfortunately, that post will also be irrelevant as well, yet there might be some more unintentional humour involved, so please don't hold back on the vitriol, lol....

Now, anyone care to argue why these right-wing organizations are smearing AARP as 'too liberal' and 'anti-troops?'

<chuckle>

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:29 pm
Damn all those gay, anti-troop, liberal, unpatriotic baby killing, racist blue hairs. And NOW they're about to destroy SS in record baby-boomin' numbers before Bush can radically change it to pay off his wealthiest campaign contributors.

Damn them all!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:35 pm
Had a hard time in school, huh?

Don't worry. I'll help you. Also, as you can tell--if you're OK with reading comprehension--I can help you with that moldy sense of humor.

I enjoy mentoring, when I'm not writing scholarship winning essays...

<Really. Thank you for the diversion.>

Did I tell you I have a 4.0?

LOL

----------
I think you're mad because the Dems are biting it.

I understand.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:36 pm
Lash is never sexier than when she is being sarcastic...

*swoon*
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:41 pm
Quote:
I enjoy mentoring, when I'm not writing scholarship winning essays...

<Really. Thank you for the diversion.>

<chuckle>

You may/may not have noticed that the vast majority of respected posters on this board (and just so you don't think I'm being all high-and-mighty, I automatically exclude myself from this august group) never once have to point to life achievements in order to bolster their arguments, b/c said arguments stand on their own merit, and it is obvious to everyone who reads them; therefore, no such 'well, I'm a 4.0 student who writes award winning essays' are neccessary.

The fact that you feel it neccessary to point such things out only highlights the humour of your post even further. I sincerly encourage you to keep it up!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:46 pm
McG--

Thank you dear. It always surprises me when people take some things literally...

I still need to find a good sarcasm emoticon. I don't like rolly-eye.

That's one daring avatar you have there.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:47 pm
I find myself just staring at it sometimes...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:47 pm
Jesus, cyclops. Get a clue.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:50 pm
Lol, nice talking to you too, 4.0.

Now, would anyone care to address why the same groups who funded and supported the SBVfT are now attacking the AARP as being 'liberal' and 'anti-troops?'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:54 pm
Don't expect any straight answers from the Right regarding Rove's latest smear tactic, Cycloptichorn. Although, I've never heard of this particular tactic of demonizing millions of senior citizens in order to sell Bush's latest scheme.

My guess is that it will backfire, and that these idiots will be ordered by Rove to pull back.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:56 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I find myself just staring at it sometimes...

I think it would very likely win an A2K Avatar Popularity Contest.
0 Replies