Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:13 pm
I live in Coastal Central California where since Dec. 1 (according to our weather guy) we have had 8 Inches more rain than Seattle Washington. This current storm is now on its 7th day and promises to hang out for at leats another day- day 1/2.

Today being Presidents Day the monkies had no school, so in order to be able to pull off our work days mom and I did the split-shift things with the kids. I don't know about anybody elses kids out there but mine are A-C-T-I-V-E little dudes and reguire a lot of space on a regular basis or it doesn't take long and things are not serine around modest/cozy home.

This morning the natives got restless enough that I had thoughts back to my football days and how glorious it felt to line up the ball and PUNT it through the uprights with every ounce of strengh I could muster! I think my anxt was mostly me feeling inadequatly equiped to keep them gainfully occupied. I did a pretty good job of keeping them busy but I felt bad that I don't have a mental arsenal of interesting activities for my five and six yearolds.

Anyone have any good activities for a surfdad to do with hios surfkids on these endless rainy days besides "hey guys do you want to take a bath?" AGAIN!?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 605 • Replies: 4
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:32 pm
Five and six, huh?

Puddles are too much fun.

I live in Oregon (where it hasn't rained in a while) but when it does we get out the galoshes and splash around the block.

If its warm enough there is nothing like the mud squishing through your toes and a mud-pie bakeoff and a mud sculpture and a mud whatever to fill the time.

Here, on a warmish day, rain makes for good worm hunting too!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:34 pm
And welcome to A2K surfdude!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:44 pm
boomerang wrote:
Puddles are too much fun.!

This was my first thought too. Last summer Quinn and I were out running around on a day it was raining and as we were walking across a parking lot I ran ahead and jumped into a good sized puddle. After she recovered from being splashed she started laughing too. You're never to old to play in puddles! Smile

If it's warm enough and it's not a thunder storm why not let the munchkins out to play in it?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:02 pm
You ARE never too old to play in a puddle.

And now I have a great mental image of you and Quinn having fun.

Mo was envied by all the kids and I was tut-tut-tutted by all the moms at the park the other day when we found a delicious slip and slide mud hole.

Okay, so the four block bike (Mo)/trot (Me) way home was a wee bit uncomfortable.....

We really had fun. Thats what counts.
0 Replies