Am I being discriminated against?

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 09:33 am
A local scuba diving shop in my area - manager is a white female. As an Asian female, she treats me differently than all other customers. She has been half as friendly to me, when comparing her service with the other white female staff/customers. I have been there for 8 months, buying over $10,000 in products, never paid late, have an excellent reputation at the shop with all of the instructors and staff. I bought an item for $1800 and she refused to help me alter it, with NO explanation. I had to work through the shop's owner to get what I needed. My spouse paid to take PADI classes to be on staff for an instructor. Now he's denied this service, and not told why. He has been given very high grades and passed the classes with flying colors. With NO explanation again, she told me she wants the store to "end it's professional relationship with me", deleted my spouse and I off the shop's social media accounts (where shop specials and staff announcements are being made), refused to let my spouse and I attend group events she organizes, and made a public announcement to her staff that my spouse and I are "no longer in a relationship with the shop". I feel as though it's my race??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 786 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 09:42 am
@Jennifercandleb,
There's no way a group of strangers can answer this question. Suppose your intuition is probably correct to some degree. How much time do you spend at this place in order to get more than anecdotal stories on how she treats other customers?

Either way? If the service you get there is terrible? Move onto her competitors while Yelp bombing the place with a terrible (deservedly so) review. Maybe you'll find out that they do have some kind of racist history if others come forward with a history of their own difficult times dealing with this manager.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 10:07 am
@Jennifercandleb,
You define 'her' and 'you' (White girl, asian girl)

IT IS THE ACT OF DEFINING - That creates the separation of identity.
You're the racist.
Stop seeking validation from secondary sources - Get over yourself - The universe owes you ****All.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 04:40 pm
@Jennifercandleb,
Call the manager of the store, and talk to him/her to see if the store approves of such bad service to their customers? If they do, report it to the local media to find out if they're willing to investigate the discrimination. Go to their competitor. Why waste any energy with a store that mistreats you?
0 Replies