Michael Cohen's mystery third client is Sean Hannity

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 09:07 am
@tsarstepan,
And if you agree with or like what they are reporting has their disclosure every influenced your acceptance? I seriously doubt it.
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 09:08 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
They scream about freedom of the press when it suits them - while they’re on the take and pushing a false narrative — and when they may actually have a legitimate concern, they’ve lost goodwill.

The corrupt press is a third of our problem, imo.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 09:08 am
@Lash,
Agreed!
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 10:17 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't really consider Hannity a journalist either, he's a news editorialist. The standards you apply to Hannity and others like him are not the standards you would apply to a straight news article, which is supposed to be unbiased. Instead, we would apply the looser standards used for newspaper editorials or syndicated columnists, which have an opinion from the very start.

Thing is, Hannity's leaving out the fact that Cohen was his personal attorney violates even the milder standards we use for editorials. When you have a figure on the show who is put on allegedly to give the audience the inside scoop of what is happening on a major news story, and you don't disclose that your fortunes are tied in with his, (like the fact that Mueller very likely now has any records Cohen has of his business with Hannity), then your credibility as an editorialist has taken a steep dive.

Hannity's been pretending he's worried about Cohen's rights and legal principle, but he clearly was worried about his own legal dealings with "Pay 'Em Off To Shut 'Em Up Cohen" coming to light.
revelette1

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:28 am
I feel the very real need to add a disclaimer before posting the following from Media Matters, I don't know if the story is true, they don't leave any links or cite any sources that I could find. It is merely a possible reason Hannity might have discussed an issue with Cohen.

Quote:
ALI VELSHI (HOST): Gabe, what do you make of this? You of course have covered Fox News very closely. It is no secret, nor should it be a secret to anybody, that there’s a close relationship between Fox News and President Trump. Probably none closer than that between Sean Hannity and President Trump. But we didn't know it was this close. We didn't know they share a lawyer.

GABRIEL SHERMAN (VANITY FAIR REPORTER): Yeah, it is a pretty remarkable development although not entirely surprising when you actually connect the dots. You know, this is a very fast-moving story, so I am going to be doing a lot more reporting.

VELSHI: Sure.

SHERMAN: But what I have heard so far is that at some point last year, Sean Hannity hired Michael Cohen to help defend him against left-wing groups that were calling for boycotts in the wake of Bill O'Reilly's ouster from Fox News under pressure from advertisers and left-wing groups.

My sources said Hannity got very, quote, "paranoid" and hired Cohen, and perhaps other lawyers and/or private investigators to look into these groups that were calling for boycotts and trying to get Hannity off the air. Now, this could be very interesting because oftentimes private investigators are hired by law firms because it allows attorney-client privilege to be maintained. So there is a scenario in which if they seized Michael Cohen's documents inadvertently we might be able to learn to what degree did Sean Hannity try to go after his enemies with shady tactics like private investigators.

MM
roger

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 02:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I get that message too, though the delay varies. I think it's nominally one minute. Back in the day, you could see page after page of ads for love gurus, imitation watches, etc. They were autoposting with only a few seconds between posts.

Of course, if those posts become annoying, you can always put the poster on ignore and click 'new posts'.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 02:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And if you agree with or like what they are reporting has their disclosure every influenced your acceptance? I seriously doubt it.

I know how to take news stories with a grain of salt as I don't fetishize what editorialists (someone's alternative term to journalist) might be stating as divine law and/or undeniable facts.

There's a lot I don't agree with in terms of Bill Maher for example. If I smell stink and obvious bias corrupting what maybe the story an individual anchor, editorialist, whomever? I address it loudly and publicly. Conservatives will go to the grave defending (hypothetically speaking) a proven serial killer/rapist if it helps pass their bigoted, dangerous, and/or misguided agenda.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 08:37 pm
@revelette1,
Media Matters is Hannity on the left.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 08:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
Why did anyone downvote your comment???
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 08:39 pm
@Blickers,
Well if he's not a journalist then just STFU won't you?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 08:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
But liberals never would? Rolling Eyes

Bill Maher isn't even remotely in the vicinity of journalism.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 09:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
Well if he's not a journalist then just STFU won't you?

No, because even though we agree Hannity's not a journalist he has still mightily messed up . You seem to have missed the part of the my previous post which explains that to you, so as a favor I'll repost it so you can try to understand it again.

Quote Blickers:
Quote:
Thing is, Hannity's leaving out the fact that Cohen was his personal attorney violates even the milder standards we use for editorials. When you have a figure on the show who is put on allegedly to give the audience the inside scoop of what is happening on a major news story, and you don't disclose that your fortunes are tied in with his, (like the fact that Mueller very likely now has any records Cohen has of his business with Hannity), then your credibility as an editorialist has taken a steep dive.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 10:22 am
@Blickers,
Except that I don't consider him an editorialist either. As I stated previously (but am not so pompous as to copy and paste it here) I consider him a propagandist.

You don't give even a little **** about his integrity you simply are drooling over a means to attack him. That's fine, but climb down off your high horse before you fall, hit your head and lose whatever brain cells are still firing for you.
Blickers

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 11:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
Except that I don't consider him an editorialist either. As I stated previously (but am not so pompous as to copy and paste it here) I consider him a propagandist.

Both dispense opinions on current political affairs for a living. I say tomayto, you say tomahto.....

If there is such a thing as a standard for whatever Hannity does, he flunked it.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 11:54 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Except of course he has quiet a following who slavishly watch and believe him every night, including of course the President. Hannity has the power to set agendas through his show.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Why did anyone downvote your comment???

Shrugs. No idea. If someone did than another voted up. Broke even.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:45 pm
@revelette1,
Well, that may be but this little faux pas won't change anything.
revelette1

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 02:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In my opinion, nothing to boast about.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 02:36 pm
@revelette1,
Who is boasting?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 02:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Out of curiosity: Does everyone, after posting one comment in a thread, get a message from the site that you have to wait 20 seconds or more to post a second in case you are a robot or spammer? Wouldn't you think Robert could whitelist longtime members who are clearly neither?

Raises hand. It's freaking annoying. I think my timer is 40 or so seconds. So... for some reason, there are varying levels on a2k's posting gateway, which is really frustrating when one sees obvious spammers and phishers post several concurrent posts mere seconds between posting.

I think it is one minute per post for everyone.

It doesn't bother me. My posts are not so urgent that a few minutes wait causes any harm.

There is also a flood prevention timer, that will not let you post too many times in a row in the same thread without taking an occasional break. That one can make you wait 20 minutes before posting again (in that thread) unless someone else posts in the thread first.

When I have a lot of posts to catch up on, I tend to open all of my reply boxes in different browser tabs, then type out all my replies, then go from tab to tab posting everything all at once, so I am quite familiar with both timers.
0 Replies