Your Best sandwich recipe?

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 01:17 pm
BBB, if you have a recipe for Parker House Rolls, now that I would be interested in. My aunt made some really good ones but getting the recipe from her isn't so easy.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 11:05 pm
2 versions of Parker House rolls
2 Versions of Parwer House Rolls

60 MINUTE PARKER HOUSE ROLLS

2 cakes compressed yeast
1/4 c. lukewarm water
1 1/2 c. milk
3 tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter
4 1/2 - 5 c. flour

Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Put milk, sugar and half of butter in saucepan. Heat until lukewarm. Add yeast mixture and flour. Cover and put in warm place for 15 minutes.

Turn onto floured board and pat to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter. Brush with reserved butter and fold dough over. Let rise on greased baking sheet in warm place 15 minutes. Bake 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until slightly brown. Makes 2 dozen.
----------------------------------------

PARKER HOUSE ROLLS

1 pkg. yeast
1 pt. milk, scalded and cooled
2 tbsp. sugar
4 tbsp. shortening or butter
3 pt. sifted flour
1 tsp. salt

Dissolve yeast and sugar in lukewarm milk; add shortening and 1 1/2 pints of flour. Beat until perfectly smooth. Cover and let rise in a warm place 1 hour or until light. Then add remainder of flour or enough to make a dough, lastly the salt. Knead well. Place in greased bowl. Cover and let rise until double in bulk. Roll out 1/2 thick and spread with melted butter; cut with knife to make squares. Grease heavily with dull edge of knife, through center; fold over. Place on greased pans; let rise until light. Bake for 10 minutes in hot oven.

This recipe was originally printed in the Brick Church's cookbook published 35 years ago.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 01:46 pm
Not to mention that vegans are generally a bit large for ordinary bread. I'd put it on a hoagie roll.

vegan sandwiches... something different... marmalade, sunflower seeds (unsalted) and basil on wholegrain bread? Toasted? I never had such a sandwich but it doesn't sound bad...

Of course, yer basic PBJ is as vegan as you get...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:00 pm
That's odd, must have been due to the A2K problems, but I didn't see BBB's post until now. Thanks BBB!
0 Replies