Your Best sandwich recipe?

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 03:34 pm
What are some of your best sandwich recipes? My husband is a big sandwich lover but other than the norm I kind of don't have any ideas. Yeah I could look them up on a site but I would rather see it from people that have tried them and have had success. Ok I know those other sites are full of recipes from people that actually tried them but I just wanted to talk so I came here and want to hear it from you guys lol. I have come to enjoy reading posts in this place from different people and there are some really awsome cooks on here. So I would like to learn from the best. Ok thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,817 • Replies: 23
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 04:43 pm
The one I created myself involves turkey breast, roasted peeled red pepper, arugula and olive oil or mayo on crusty sourdough.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 08:32 pm
I have an awesome awesome gyro on pizza crust recipe. I LOVE GYROS. Hello.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 08:50 pm
I love sourdough bread with butter and a
fried egg on top.

Or some slices of Salami, and other cold cuts on
a bread, with sliced pickles on top.

Gyros is good too, as Jao said.

Gosh, now I'm hungry....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:10 pm
Mumm, my favorite is Deli Sliced Cajun Turkey with Pepper Jack Cheese, lettuce....dressing and Natural Bread.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 11:42 pm
One of BBB's favorite sandwiches
Recipe for Tuna Sandwich ala The Starlight Cafe by BumbleBeeBoogie.

The usual ingredients are enhanced with eggs, apples, carrots and lemon zest.

(For 2 sandwiches)

1/2 cup flaked water-canned white meat tuna
1 large egg, hard cooked
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, drained
2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
2 tablespoons Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely grated carrots (optional)
1 teaspoon finely minced lemon zest, fresh or dried
2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (as needed to moisten)
1 teaspoon dried dill or freshly snipped dill
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons shredded lettuce or Napa cabbage
4 slices of good quality toasted bread of choice.

Drain the tuna; flake the tuna with a fork into a bowl; drain again. Combine with all ingredients--- except the lettuce (or cabbage) and bread toast---in the bowl and mix well.

Mound the tuna filling on a toasted bread slice, add the shredded lettuce (or cabbage) and cover with a second slice; cut the sandwich into halves and serve. My Finnish Style Swedish Limpa Bread is a wonderful base for this sandwich.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 09:23 am
I wouldn't be dumb enough to go against BBB's recipes, but I do like a simple meal now and then.

roast beef with FAT, butter two slices of crusty bread insert a quarter inch thick slice of HOT roast beef witha covering of horseradish sauce and eat with gusto.

If you dont like this you are an alien
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 03:21 pm
Thank you guys. I have been getting into cooking as of late and I'm really liking it. Well some what when I don't royally mess up. But every now and then I do great. It's just thinking of stuff to make. I get board eaasy
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 09:39 pm
Here are two of my favorite sammiches.

Make a simple chicken salad (diced cooked chicken, chopped celery, maybe a little onion, mayo, whatever else...). Put it on multi-grain bread. Grab a handful of smokehouse almonds, give 'em a rough chop, and put them on the chicken salad. Top with a handful of sprouts (or a lettuce leaf) and the other slice of m.g. bread. Yum.

The other one is simpler. Just cream cheese, black olives (I buy the sliced ones) and sprouts on a plain bagel. This works on rye bread too, but the bagel is better.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 09:57 am
anything stuffed in a wheat pita is usually a favorite for me esp. if it has that greek cucumber/yogurt sauce in it. mmm...

I'd eat at Wy's house though because I love the sandwiches listed above.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 12:59 pm
Just put some avocado in my sandwich and i'll eat anything
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 10:10 am
Simple, but one of my favorites:
Sliced radishes and butter on potato bread
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 03:39 am
Really bizaare filling that i found while hillwalking is cheese and jam. (No i'm not kidding). Your best bet is some mild cheese (e.g. cheddar or red leicester) and raspberry jam - something not quite as sweet as strawberry.

Believe it or not it actually tastes damn good!! (and contains carb and protein ... - hence how i discovered it walking!!)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 03:57 am
A big granary bap,anchor butter,chicken in mayo,coleslaw and sweetcorn.Hubba hubba.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:41 am
what is a granary bap?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:44 am
Not one vegan sandwich posted yet. Surprise, surprise.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:49 am
I like fried bologna and lettuce on bread. Mmmm....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 12:01 pm
cjhsa
cjhsa, here is a sandwich for you:

Recipe for Pear and Pecan Cream Cheese Sandwich Spread for Pita and Other Breads
by BumbleBeeBoogie

8 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard*
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 celery ribs, finely diced
1/4 cup sweet onion, peeled and finely diced
2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and finely diced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
3/4 cup coarsely chopped raw pecans
1/3 cup flat Italian parsley, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bread of choice
Meat, fish or seafood, or cheese of choice
shredded lettuce

If combining the spread with chopped chicken or turkey, add 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried to the spread.

Seasoning options:

With pork, add 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage.

With fish or seafood, add 2 teaspoons fresh, snipped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried to the spread.

With beef, add 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish or 1/4 teaspoon dried. Or you may substitute regular Dijon mustard with Dijon horseradish mustard.*

With cheese, choose an herb that compliments the type of cheese used.

To prepare:

Beat the cream cheese, mustard and lemon juice in a mixer or food processor until very soft. Add and stir in the lemon zest, celery, onion, pears, garlic, herb of choice, pecans and parsley; season with the salt and pepper. Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator.

USE:

Use alone, for example, as a filling for Parker House rolls, split in half. Or fill half a pita pocket with the spread containing your herb of choice, add your choice of meat, fish or seafood, cheese, and top with the shredded lettuce. Or use Kaiser rolls, or hamburger buns and pile on your choice or meat or cheese, such as Swiss Cheese.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 12:03 pm
Vegan sandwich

One vegan, roasted
Crusty Bread
Mustard, Mayo, pickles, etc.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 12:22 pm
The pear-pecan-cream cheese thing sounds great.. the vegan sandwich sounds unpalatable..
0 Replies