I'm Sick Of The Rap Battles.

tcb

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 12:40 pm
Gargamel wrote: How incredibly pompous and short-sighted!

Pompous…most definitely…
Cheers
t
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:14 pm
tcb wrote:
As I mentioned via my verse posted on this thread last night, Rap, while a new art form at its inception, has gone the way of graffiti, which is now recognized as vandalism masquerading as art.

That vote is far from being cast. The debate still rages in many institutes, and so far both sides make a good case.

Quote:
Conventional poetry may be boring to some, but I doubt very much if anyone finds it offensive

You would be wrong. There are numerous poems out there that have not only been banned from school or public institutions such as libraries for being overly offensive, there's even a few that have been banned in entire countries.

At any rate, this is all entirely off topic. Just made my way back to the thread and thought I'd respond.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:23 pm
Questioner wrote:
How odd that AngeliqueEast isn't in here throwing blood and decrying everyone that is against rap battling as a nazi, and pointing out how if they don't like it they can move to another forum blah blah.

Battle rap is just one of those things that if you don't care for it, you just have to ignore it. Like modern art or hairless cats.

It's as viable as any other form of music.

Because no matter what anybody says, the owner has the last word here.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:27 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
Questioner wrote:
How odd that AngeliqueEast isn't in here throwing blood and decrying everyone that is against rap battling as a nazi, and pointing out how if they don't like it they can move to another forum blah blah.

Battle rap is just one of those things that if you don't care for it, you just have to ignore it. Like modern art or hairless cats.

It's as viable as any other form of music.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah

Yes. And when the day comes that I tell you I have the final word on anything in these forums then that will be an appropriate thing to say. Until then, it merely exemplifies your own ignorance.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:29 pm
Oh, I see, your the owner then!
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:32 pm
Heh.

You remind me of my wife, bless her. Laughing
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:33 pm
If you don't want rap battles then take it to the owner, and stop the bull. Blah blah blah blah

If your the owner q then stop them!
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:33 pm
Once again. How about you go and read this thread. Read my response to which you quoted. WHERE in there is there anything derogatory towards rap battles.

Kindly shut your yap if you're not going to bother opening your eyes.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:36 pm
Questioner wrote:
Once again. How about you go and read this thread. Read my response to which you quoted. WHERE in there is there anything derogatory towards rap battles.

Kindly shut your yap if you're not going to bother opening your eyes.

You SHUT UP!!! you called me by mentioning me. You seem to like this ****!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:37 pm
Why can't we just let them do what they want to do on their threads... if ya don't like it, don't read it...
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:41 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
Why can't we just let them do what they want to do on their threads... if ya don't like it, don't read it...

Well see, that's the thing. I don't CARE that they've got that thread open. Not in the least. What i've TRIED to mention to MissThickheaded here is that I frequently go there to read the battlerap thread. I make it a daily visit.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:45 pm
I say you guys just need to agree to disagree on this one then.... but no need for the name calling
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:47 pm
Disagree on what? There's no stance here. None. I calmly explained that my case to her on numerous times but it's like trying to express logic to a brick wall.

It would be akin to me telling you that the state of Hawaii is not yours, and until such time as you take over rulership of it you have no right to say you hate pineapple.

It's THAT ridiculous.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:50 pm
Questioner wrote:
Disagree on what? There's no stance here. None. I calmly explained that my case to her on numerous times but it's like trying to express logic to a brick wall.

It would be akin to me telling you that the state of Hawaii is not yours, and until such time as you take over rulership of it you have no right to say you hate pineapple.

It's THAT ridiculous.

I reread and realized that you two aren't even on the topic of rap battles anymore, it seems more like somekind of personal conflict....
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:59 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
Questioner wrote:

It's THAT ridiculous.

I reread and realized that you two aren't even on the topic of rap battles anymore, it seems more like somekind of personal conflict....

Yeah, it started awhile back when she tore into me for what she perceived was a slant against Rap. Which it wasn't. At which time I explained to her that it wasn't, and what my intention was. I believe her response was "*giggle*" and then nothing.

About 3 days or so later it cropped up again. Someone who was new to the site had posted a rap battle thread and I directed him to the battle rap thread so he could post in there if he desired.

Once again she jumped me for slamming battle rap, again claiming that I wasn't the owner and could just shut up if I didn't like it.

So needless to say, this is getting very, very old.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:10 pm
Then let it die q, why did you have to mention me!
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 02:17 pm
Ok, ok. Truce. I will not mention your name again if you will kindly desist from reminding me of how I don't own Able2Know.com.
0 Replies

gunsniperz

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:08 pm
I came to this site because of the rap battles. then there was that period where people's raps only had one rhyme, but were as long as hell. I left for a while then. My friend said they weren't so bad anymore so I came back.
0 Replies

Cola

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:38 pm
I just visited the rap battles for the first time (to see what all the fuss is about). It was rather comical ...almost like a satire ...or a "B" movie.
It made me think of the Big Bad Wolf nursery rhyme for some reason
0 Replies

DJBattlefield

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 11:28 pm
gunsniperz wrote:
I came to this site because of the rap battles. then there was that period where people's raps only had one rhyme, but were as long as hell. I left for a while then. My friend said they weren't so bad anymore so I came back.

i must admit the really really really long ones are pretty boresome, if the just keep it short and worth while reading then its alot more enjoyable, from my point of veiw anyway... i dont mean short as in 4 words per line but within reason
0 Replies