I'm Sick Of The Rap Battles.

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:26 pm
Honestly people, what the hell? I mean why? I come here once every couple days, and it gets worse, more and more Rap Battles! Poorly typed, and poorly spelt. I mean one was bad enough, but theres like 30 of them! and they mulpitly by the day! Can we get down to just one or two? Or hell, maybe none! Geez!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,636 • Replies: 59
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:24 pm
They're the most interesting thing on this site on a long time.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:09 pm
I've seen three good ones and one was by me so it is kinda sad.
0 Replies

A Nonny Mouse

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:39 am
I agree with tear_jerked_punk -- I abhor rap. But hey, whatever floats yer boat . . .
0 Replies

tear jerked punk

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 01:11 pm
My biggest complaint though is, the HORRIBLE abuse the english language has taken on there. It's pathetic, you can't understand half of it. I mean, people, spell words out, no need for R or U and Y they aren't words. You were tuaght the language for a reason, not to butcher it. Sheesh!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 01:58 pm
Written word and spoken word are two different things.

And the spoken word, by the nature of how this country came to be, is spoken in all kinds of dialects. Is that what you mean by "butchering." Language is a part of culture, and there's no such thing as culture when language is reduced to one "proper" form--at least when it comes to art.
0 Replies

Scraps

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 03:00 pm
oh tear did it hurt~when u got smacked by gargamel
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 03:21 pm
Tear, if you don't like it don't read it. I clicked on it once just to see what was going on, and the few posts I read were to violent for my taste, so I don't go to that thread. But others like it.
To each his own.
0 Replies

tear jerked punk

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 12:25 pm
Sure, to each his own, but when it comes to the fact that everytime I get on, all I see is rap, all the good posts get smacked to the older pages, I actually wanna read something other than rap.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 09:55 pm
I agree with tear jerked, it get's very annoying, but if that is what people want to read, or post, they really got just as much right to post it as we do our poems. I'm sure to a lot of people, regular poetry is boring as hell. I suggest we start a rap battles section, that would solve pretty much all of the problems.
0 Replies

Scraps

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:43 pm
u ppl who dont like rap battles not look'n at them
will solve our problems y even put something like this up fo real jus keep it to yourself i dont put up a thread say'n i hate poetry i keep it to myself
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:51 pm
I agree Scraps.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:56 pm
I think it's because we probably just can't understand what you all are saying. It's like hearing a group of people speak another language, and you're on the outside. I know that's an extreme example but you know what I mean. Maybe we think it's unfair because we know you understand what we say but also what your fellow battlers say, and we can only understand ourselves. Heck I don't know, or care, I just skip over the battles section.
0 Replies

Scraps

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 12:58 am
**** i jus dont do battles i drop normal song **** too
i also look at and write back on peotry i see if i like it
its not all rap battles wit me its all good
i got my valentines day drop here read it n tell me u dont like it
i'd rather do that kinda stuff too
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 06:17 pm
I apologize to everyone who is bothered by this anti-grammarian infestation. It's my fault. You see, I was the one who created the original thread and because of the weight able2know has on Google it eventually earned a very high rating for the search "rap battle." It's the fifth listing on page two. I agree with CS. If a rap battle section is created nobody will be bothered. This onslaught of twelve year old wannabes will never stop. They'll continue to glorify gang violence, objectify women, and make fun of homosexuals until they have their own special place to do it.

Dauer
0 Replies

Chris Tey

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:15 am
i agree with carbon and scraps... a little bit is good, but too much is boring or annoying...? right?
good idea to start a rap battle section... real good
0 Replies

MC HOPE

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 03:51 pm
rap section would be tite! im with tey, carbon, and scraps on this one. if you dont like it, dont read it. for the spelling that u dont like, its like a new generation. rap is a way to get problems off my chest, like a medication. if it dont work for you, then fine just dont go shreading it up like that.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 04:08 am
like it or not, it seems a lot of people are moving into phonetic writing.

i might even live to see the day when they teach it in schools

Surprised

I'm a strong believer that how someone writes reflects how they think.
These quick, tasty, flashy bits of language on the rap boards would then reflect a different kind of thinking than the classical forms.

The only problem I have with rap battles is that it puts me into a state I'm often trying to move away from: a superstimulated state. I don't think it's a coincidence that the themes in rap are often violence,sex, and trash talking: it's exactly what you would expect when someone's brain is flashing like a strobe-light!

cheers
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:56 am
What a condescending point of view.

If you've ever purchased a rap album and looked at the lyrics inside, often they are printed phonetically. Certain artists spell their names and the titles of songs phonetically. It's a tradition tethered to the art form.

Certainly there is a correlation between the way a person speaks or writes, and how they think, but to imply that someone is less intelligent than you, or more violent, just because you don't like the way they write, is ridiculous.

Rock music, since its inception has been about sex. A lot of the punk music I listen to is violent. And I teach English.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 06:52 pm
I never once said they were less intelligent or more violent than me .
But since you're defending violence in music, f&&(* dat!

I have a right to talk about what i dislike as much as they have a right to talk about fat juicy asses and women being nothin' but bitches n' whores.
If saying repeatedly 'i'm all that, i'll blow your face off bitch for givin me lip' isn't condescending, I don't know what is!
tit for tat, prof Cool
0 Replies