New dress code to be enforced in Lousiana.

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 10:34 am
Quote:
That's what the Louisiana House Criminal Justice Committee approved last week. The new proposed bill would crack down on anyone who wears low-slinging, pants-sagging, belly-baring, underwear-peeking pants. It faces the full State House sometime within the next two months.

"Baggy Pants Bill"
House Bill 1626, also known as the "Baggy Pants Bill" states: "It shall be unlawful for any person to appear in public wearing his pants below his waist and thereby exposing his skin or intimate clothing."

State Representative Derrick Shepherd's bill would make any violator subject to three eight-hour days of community service and up to a fine of $175.

Source

There's a fight worth fighting....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 839 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 10:47 am
no kidding. Boy, let's leave the illegal toting gun slingers, drug dealers, murding rapists alone and go after those darn low rise, baggy hanging pants wearing kids!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 10:51 am
That's amazingly stupid.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 10:54 am
Well, this seems to be a big crime in Virginia as well:

House passes underwear measure
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 10:59 am
Re: New dress code to be enforced in Lousiana.
Quote:
. . . House Bill 1626, also known as the “Baggy Pants Bill” states: “It shall be unlawful for any person to appear in public wearing his pants below his waist and thereby exposing his skin or intimate clothing.”

Even though the law uses the male pronoun, the law applies to "any person." It is gender neutral. Therefore, women would not be allowed to wear hip-hugger pants because they would be wearing their pants below their waist.

And . . . why is it only publicly offensive for "intimate" clothing to be exposed from the waist down? What about intimate clothing from the waist up? A lot of women expose their bra straps or their entire bras through sheer tops.

It is difficult to find jeans that cinch at the waist. The last two pairs of jeans that I bought do not close at the waist. Sometimes, the elastic from the control top of my panty hose is exposed. Thank goodness I wear my shirts and sweaters long enough to cover-up this illegality.

Gosh, I don't think the law goes far enough to curtail bad taste in wearing apparel. What about those unsightly panty lines? There ought to be a law against panty lines.

ROFL

What will our intelligent lawmakers think up next?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 11:30 am
so don't wear underwear (it won't be exposed)
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 11:42 am
What would one wear to the beach???
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 11:50 am
Poor plumbers. They'll soon be out of places to keep their pencils...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 11:50 am
woiyo wrote:
What would one wear to the beach???

a snow suit Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 11:53 am
A while back I saw a youth (mid to late teens) who was "saggin" as the kids like to say. He was starting to cross at an intersection - against the light of course. Now, picture that the "crotch" of his jeans was approximately at knee-level. One of his hands was devoted entirely to holding up his pants at the waist, which appeared to be about mid-thigh. His long shirt thankfully covered the obvious gap between his real waist and that of his pants. He was having a difficult time walking as a normal person would. .... He gets about mid-way across the street, when all of a sudden a car came whipping around the curve headed right towards him. It was very amusing to watch him try and run to the opposite curb dressed the way he was. He about damn near fell on his face.

So, I think the Darwinian theory will eventually apply and weed these geniuses out. Laughing
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:01 pm
I'm with you Tico.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:55 pm
I realize that it was a gender neutral statement regarding the targets of said legislation....and you can see groups and organizations popping up all over the place pushing for a societal dress code.
I think it's absurd.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 02:12 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
A while back I saw a youth (mid to late teens) who was "saggin" as the kids like to say. He was starting to cross at an intersection - against the light of course. Now, picture that the "crotch" of his jeans was approximately at knee-level. One of his hands was devoted entirely to holding up his pants at the waist, which appeared to be about mid-thigh. His long shirt thankfully covered the obvious gap between his real waist and that of his pants. He was having a difficult time walking as a normal person would. .... He gets about mid-way across the street, when all of a sudden a car came whipping around the curve headed right towards him. It was very amusing to watch him try and run to the opposite curb dressed the way he was. He about damn near fell on his face.

So, I think the Darwinian theory will eventually apply and weed these geniuses out. Laughing

I've seen 'em actually drop. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 02:51 pm
I pantsed someone. Outside. Walking down the street.

Ok, more than one someone.

Everyone eventually learns to wear belts around me. Or pants that fit.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:25 am
My husband cannot literally wear his pants to his waist. He has extremely small hips and big beer belly hard as a rock. I guess I better warn him to wear suspenders or something if this law comes to kentucky.

He does plumbing work as well. :wink:
0 Replies