seeking real stories re: keeping secrets of true parentage

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 10:05 am
I'm searching for other people who have stories not that dissimilar from mine: Growing up not knowing who my father was, told one thing, and then after searching, discovering I was the result of a rape. I recently heard a story on NPR about a guy raised by 2 white parents, believing both were his biological parents even though he's half-black, and not discovering until he was a grown-man that his real father was black. So...stories don't have to be about "rape"--more about people's search for truth. I'm thinking of compiling them into some sort of play, possibly a book. Anyone willing to share, or know of someone who would? I think it could be pretty inspirational because, after all, isn't life, no matter who you are, about a search for truth? Thanks for your help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 477 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Krysia

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 06:17 pm
Wow, that had to be tough for you. And tough for your family, as well.

I'm sure that my parents are actually my parents, but they don't talk about themselves much, so I really know nothing about them, or about the rest of my family. They are in an interracial relationship, so I'm pretty sure that causes some strife in the family, which may be the cause of their silence.
0 Replies