TWO MEN DRIVING BUSH TO WAR

steissd

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 12:17 pm
Sorry, misunderstood you
Edgarblythe wrote:
I was very aware of the Bush lack of character long before he entered politics.

Does this mean that you are his personal acquaintance? As far as I know, Mr. Bush-Jr. was not famous prior to his becoming a professional politician.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 05:53 pm
There have been articles about the Bush boys for many years. I first got a clue when I read an article stating that Bush 1st was terrified that his opponents would mention his sons' character and activities during his last few campaigns. He therefore very carefully avoided attacking the opponents' personal lives. I read quite a few articles, none positive about thses guys. I was totally unprepared for the blind eye the media and public would cast his way when he entered politics. I was still horrified at finding him my governor when he announced for the presidency.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 06:59 pm
I once voted for Australia's conservative party in the NSW state elections. Only took me 3 weeks to decide that I would never be duped in to voting for lying conservative scum ever again.
0 Replies

Sanndyden3

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 06:24 pm
Blair and Bush what a deadly duo!!
...or is it duet????

Here in the U.K. the majority feel Blair is just as much "On One" as is Bush.

No One wants war in the U.K......well judging from the newspapers, emails, rallies...general debates..pub chat..... street talk... etc etc etc...

Where else can you go for an opinion?

War was always organised this way though was it not?....A game for politicians....not something you- and you- and you- and us can play.

At least we all know there are no rules now....

But let's keep trying to tip the board on the floor..... :wink:

All the best..
Sandy..U.K.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 07:25 pm
Unfortunately American poor voters allow the criminals to ruin their own life.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 06:50 am
Ramafuchs wrote:

Ramma Damma Ding Dong.

My life has not been ruined by Bush. The beauty of America is one man can not control the people. You will never understand that. You are a sorry soul!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 06:56 am
Quote:
--he was a cheerleader, and had to be chosen for that by a team of his peers. So, supposedly, he was one of a crowd spurring his team to victory by flagging his arms and doing somersaults.

Boy would I like to see a picture of that, would have to circulate it emails to certain folks i know who get a laugh out of it.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 07:13 am
woiyo wrote:
Ramafuchs wrote:

Ramma Damma Ding Dong.

My life has not been ruined by Bush. The beauty of America is one man can not control the people. You will never understand that. You are a sorry soul!

That is because it hasn't been one man if you had been paying attention to the thread that is the main point.

In my own assessments based on various things like the Project For The New American Century and other articles written; I think it started from a movement like to change the direction of the country inside out and all those in the movement got positions in various roles to do just that. They have ignored all dissenting opinions and have run roughshod over anything getting in their way and have gutted civil rights. If you like the direction of the country; I guess for you it has been a good thing. But for the slight majority who don't; it has not been what we wanted. The majority went along for a while (and those like me were in the minority) after 9/11 and let them have their way and they ran with it doing all kind of things like spying without warrants and sanctioning torture while at that same time redefining the meaning of everything (and trying to keep people from finding out in the first place) to catch their back if they ever get called on it.

This is not wild conspiracy theories but backed up by the last several years in reports or breaking news and things like that.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 07:52 am
revel wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Ramafuchs wrote:

Ramma Damma Ding Dong.

That is because it hasn't been one man if you had been paying attention to the thread that is the main point.

In my own assessments based on various things like the Project For The New American Century and other articles written; I think it started from a movement like to change the direction of the country inside out and all those in the movement got positions in various roles to do just that. They have ignored all dissenting opinions and have run roughshod over anything getting in their way and have gutted civil rights. If you like the direction of the country; I guess for you it has been a good thing. But for the slight majority who don't; it has not been what we wanted. The majority went along for a while (and those like me were in the minority) after 9/11 and let them have their way and they ran with it doing all kind of things like spying without warrants and sanctioning torture while at that same time redefining the meaning of everything (and trying to keep people from finding out in the first place) to catch their back if they ever get called on it.

This is not wild conspiracy theories but backed up by the last several years in reports or breaking news and things like that.

Stop your fatalistic whining. This nation has survived worse events than 9-11 and Iraq. You and your "everything is wrong with Amercia" crowd can not illustrate one area where your individual rights (except at airports) have been diminished. You sound like Michelle Obama.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:02 am
Call it what you will but there has been a system in place which has changed our rights of privacy and other related issues of which a blanket of "security" is used to justify it.

Quote:
Top Ten Abuses of Power Since 9/11

1. Warrantless Wiretapping

2. Torture, Kidnapping and Detention

3. The Growing Surveillance Society

4. Abuse of the Patriot Act

5. Government Secrecy

6. Real ID

7. No Fly and Selectee Lists

8. Political Spying

9. Abuse of Material Witness Statute

10. Attacks on Academic Freedom

Details in each along with links can be found at the source

I realize in advance that you probably are derisive of ACLU; however reducing voicing concerns to "whinning" does not do justice to the whole civil right movement up to this date which could not have been won without first someone doing some whinning about it. It is when we become apathetic that injustice is allowed to prevail. Not all of their concerns are so important; but these are and most in the past have been as well.

And lest any lame remarks like "yea; but we didn't use any of that on our own citizens get leveled, the above debunks that plus this one for good measure.

The Patriot Act: Targeting American Citizens

Lastly I am not fatalistic; I am always hopeful these things will roll back with a new administration.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:25 am
revel wrote:
Call it what you will but there has been a system in place which has changed our rights of privacy and other related issues of which a blanket of "security" is used to justify it.

Quote:

5. Government Secrecy

6. Real ID

8. Political Spying

I realize in advance that you probably are derisive of ACLU; however reducing voicing concerns to "whinning" does not do justice to the whole civil right movement up to this date which could not have been won without first someone doing some whinning about it. It is when we become apathetic that injustice is allowed to prevail. Not all of their concerns are so important; but these are and most in the past have been as well.

And lest any lame remarks like "yea; but we didn't use any of that on our own citizens get leveled, the above debunks that plus this one for good measure.

Lastly I am not fatalistic; I am always hopeful these things will roll back with a new administration.

What a pile of BS you list is.

Show me a US citizen tortered, kidnapped and detained.

Govt secracy? How is that a violation of our rights?

Growing Surval. Society? How does that violate our rights?

Real ID? When did that become law?

No Fly List? and that is a bad thing because??????

Political Spying? Yea, that's a new one!

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 01:12 pm
woiyo wrote:
revel wrote:

Quote:

5. Government Secrecy

6. Real ID

8. Political Spying

What a pile of BS you list is.

Show me a US citizen tortered, kidnapped and detained.

Quote:
The Bush Administration's Torture of U.S. Citizen Jose Padilla

source
Govt secracy? How is that a violation of our rights?

The government is not a dictatorship but a government elected by the people to represent the people if they keep secret what they are doing then they are not reprensenting the people. Duh.

Growing Surval. Society? How does that violate our rights?

Quote:
Bill of Rights
... 345 The Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment declares ampquotnor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, property without due process of law ...

Real ID? When did that become law?

Quote:
The REAL ID Act of 2005 is U.S. federal law which imposes certain security, authentication and issuance procedures standards for the state driver's licenses and state ID cards, in order for them to be accepted by the federal government for "official purposes", as defined by the Secretary of Homeland Security. Currently, the Secretary of Homeland Security has defined "official purposes" as presenting state driver's licenses and id cards for boarding commercially operated airline flights, entering federal buildings and nuclear power plants. The Act is a rider to an act of the United States Congress titled Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act
No Fly List? and that is a bad thing because??????

Because it picks out people based on profilling often time on information so flimsy it would be laughable if were not so serious.

Quote:
The No-Fly list was established to keep track of people the government prohibits from traveling because they have been labeled as security risks. Since 9/11 the number of similar watch lists has mushroomed to about 720,000 names, all with mysterious or ill-defined criteria for how names are placed on the lists, and with little recourse for innocent travelers seeking to be taken off them. These lists name an estimated 30,000 to 50,000 people. The lists are so erroneous several members of Congress, including Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA), have been flagged.

Political Spying? Yea, that's a new one!

Like that airless statement makes it any better even if you could prove it? In any case; since 9/11 there has been a hike in spying on policial groups.

Rolling Eyes

ACLU Report Shows Widespread Pentagon Surveillance of Peace Activists

The Pentagon's Secret Database on Peaceful Protest

Quote:
"I am offended that my government would even consider
surveilling a group of honorably discharged veterans. Our
patriotism and love of country is as strong today [as]
when we carried arms in defense of America."
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 02:06 pm
Of course i agree that one man alone cannot make havoc.
Bush is innnocent .
Hitler is not alone.
Gandhi is a single individual.
By bush i mean how many rotten people had approved the nonsense.
By Hitler i mean how holy the Germans are?
By Gandhi i mean why had not preached Violence.

Dare to defend your ideoligical views.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 02:21 pm
"The government is not a dictatorship but a government elected by the people to represent the people if they keep secret what they are doing then they are not reprensenting the people. Duh. "

The govt must not be so transparent that National Security is at risk. Did you not think about that? Would you rather have told the Germans we were going to invade France at this time and date? Rolling Eyes

No Fly List?
"Because it picks out people based on profilling often time on information so flimsy it would be laughable if were not so serious."

So let's inconvience everyone, everyone except those who look like they might be "terrorists. Profiling is good in my opinion.

I do not think you understand what the risks are.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 02:59 pm
Like I said woiyo; everything and anything is excused on the grounds of "security" by this administration and its various supporters who think like they do.
0 Replies