Bernie Sanders, pre-2020

Lash

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 09:12 am
Bernie is the hardest-working member of Congress— not just when he wants votes.

He’s out in the streets, supporting rights of regular Americans frequently.

Here’s a result:

https://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/bernie-sanders-favorable-rating

Excerpt:

Bernie Sanders Favorable Rating
Currently tracking 213 polls from 29 pollsters
This (at link) chart combines the latest opinion polls into trendlines and is
updated whenever a new poll is released.

Favorable57.0%
Unfavorable32.9%
Undecided10.1%
——————————
I know age is a factor in a presidential election.

I feel pretty strongly now that Bernie is a well-known commodity, he will either be king or kingmaker in the next election.

I’ll be marking his moves here.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:13 am
I will be following along.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:51 am
@Lash,
I like Bernie.
Lash

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:57 am
@rosborne979,
He was the first and only politician I’ve sent money to.

I’m amazed at his audacity to speak at Bob Jones University, and how he can find common ground with such a wide variety of people.

I didn’t believe that a viable American campaign for president could possibly be run without corporate money and wealthy PAC contributors.

He changed everything.

So🙂 yeah. I like Bernie, too.

Feel free to bring any information about Bernie or rumblings of possible presidential candidates D or R for discussion here. I think it’s going to be a crazy ride.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 09:35 am
From 1992: Bernie Sanders kicking congressional ass.

https://youtu.be/Vabeos-F8Kk
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 01:13 pm
Everyone likes old, crazy people.
Lash

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 07:20 am
@McGentrix,
He’s the only one who tells the truth.

A stunning trait.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:23 am

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) told MSNBC's Chris Hayes if President Trump is behind forcing Robert Mueller "out" as special counsel it would be an "impeachable offense." From Tuesday's All In:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/20/bernie_sanders_impeachable_offense_if_trump_forces_mueller_out_it_is_not_acceptable.html
oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 06:46 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) told MSNBC's Chris Hayes if President Trump is behind forcing Robert Mueller "out" as special counsel it would be an "impeachable offense." From Tuesday's All In:

He thinks that it is an impeachable offense for a Republican president to exercise the powers granted to him by the Constitution?

Let me guess. I bet he also thinks it was OK for Bill Clinton to commit obstruction of justice, perjury, and witness tampering?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 06:25 pm
Sanders: Trump’s response to Russian meddling is a ‘horror show.’

February 18, 2018

Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders on Sunday blasted President Trump for not marshaling the forces to protect the United States from Russia disrupting future elections, calling the lack of action a “horror show.”

“How do we have the president of the United States not saying what everybody knows to be true?” the Vermont independent said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “Russia interfered in ‘16 and they’re going to interfere in 2018. … This is a huge deal and that we don’t have a president speaking out on this issue is a horror show.”

The Department of Justice as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation announced the indictment of 13 Russians and three Russian organizations for carrying out a deliberate plot to sabotage the 2016 presidential election and to create discord in American society.

“And I think one of the weirdest things in modern American history is you have every intelligence agency, you have the Mueller report, you have Trump’s own administration saying [Russians] want to sabotage the 2018 campaign. Everybody knows this, except the president of the United States,” the former Democratic presidential candidate said.

Sanders faulted Barack Obama for not calling out Russian meddling sooner, but acknowledged the former president was in a tough position.

“Obama was in a very difficult position and didn’t want to make it appear he was favoring Hillary Clinton,”​ Sanders​ said. “Maybe he should have done more.”

But he said that was then and this is now and the Russians will do it again.

“We have got to bring Democrats and Republicans together despite the president to go forward to protect the integrity of American democracy,” he said.

Trump​ has spent the weekend railing about the Russian indictment – saying it clears his administration from claims of collusion, blaming Obama for not doing more to prevent the meddling, defending his description of Russian interference as a “hoax” and saying “they are laughing their asses off in Moscow” – but not once calling for any action to punish Russia or prevent further interference in this year’s elections.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/18/sanders-trumps-response-to-russian-meddling-is-a-horror-show/
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:09 am
"THIS IS A HUGE DEAL!!!" Bernie Sanders'
BRILLIANT Reaction to the Trump-Russia News

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 11:17 pm
Bernie Sanders On Investigating Trump's Russian Connection.
(Published on May 18, 2017)

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:20 am
https://ourrevolution.com/results/

The party is growing!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:24 am
http://digital.vpr.net/post/sen-bernie-sanders-announce-re-election-plans-next-week#stream/0

Sen. Bernie Sanders says he'll formally announce his re-election plans next week and says he has more to accomplish as a U.S. senator.

Campaign volunteers are in the process of collecting enough petition signatures to put him on the ballot in November as an independent candidate.

"I think we'll have something to say early next week, maybe Monday — and what I'll have to say I don't think will be a great surprise to anybody in the state of Vermont," Sanders told VPR on Thursday. "I am very proud to have represented Vermont for two terms in the U.S. Senate. I think we've accomplished a lot. Obviously there's a lot more that has to be done, and we look forward to doing it."

At this time, no Republican candidates have announced their intention to run for Sanders' Senate seat. However several independent candidates will be running.

Doesn’t sound very positive.
Lash

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:28 am
This bold move toward healthcare in this country would never have been possible without the efforts of The Bern.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/meet-progressive-whose-surprise-win-just-spoiled-establishment-democrats-plans-n874701

So many Dem Soc women were swept into office recently. It’s a breath of fresh air!
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 09:45 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders says he'll formally announce his re-election plans next week and says he has more to accomplish as a U.S. senator.
Campaign volunteers are in the process of collecting enough petition signatures to put him on the ballot in November as an independent candidate.

Bernie Sanders is a great Senator. I don't live in Vermont. I am hoping the voters of Vermont will re-elect Bernie Sanders to the Senate. We all need Bernie Sanders to continue fighting for progressive causes in the U.S. Senate. We especially need Bernie to continue fighting for FDR New Deal principles.
Lash

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 06:47 am
@Real Music,
I’m just watching his move at this point.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 07:05 am
Meanwhile, here’s the Bern, working for the people like he’s 22 or something...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2018/05/18/bernie-sanders-will-meet-disney-workers-in-anaheim-on-june-2-ahead-of-proposed-ballot-measure-to-raise-wages/amp/

Sen. Bernie Sanders, a vocal critic of the Walt Disney Co. since his 2016 presidential campaign, is coming to Anaheim to meet with workers from businesses in and around the Disneyland Resort.

Sanders will be in town Saturday, June 2, for a roundtable-type event where he’ll talk with a selection of people from a variety of industries that serve the theme park, nearby hotels and other related businesses, said Andrew Cohen, a spokesman for Unite Here Local 11. The event at River Church is open to the public.

Unite Here is one of 11 unions in a coalition that is backing an initiative that would raise wages for workers at hospitality businesses – including Disney – that have received subsidies from Anaheim. The ballot measure seeks to raise wages at affected businesses to at least $15 an hour in 2019 and to $18 an hour by 2022.

Supporters turned in signatures to the City Clerk on May 1 trying to qualify the measure for the November ballot. The signatures are being validated.

“I think Sen. Sanders is like a leading voice on American inequality and has been championing the rights of workers in a way that sadly not a lot of politicians do right now,” Cohen said.

The event will call attention to the unions’ ballot effort, he said, but it’s also a big deal because “Bernie’s a rock star, and people in the labor movement, we love this guy.”
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 06:10 pm
Is Bernie going to run as an I!?

Strengthening a third party to compete with those dried up two we have would be an incredible gift to this country.

Impatient to hear his announcement.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 06:37 pm
@Lash,
If there is a third party effort, he is likely the only one could make waves. A lesser name would probably sink to the polling of Jill Stein.
0 Replies