Flaking / Not Serious?

oliwia

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 02:11 pm
So I met this guy through tinder. We live about 30 miles away from each other. We hit it off from the beginning and the conversation hasn't been dull for the week we've been texting. I know he's not a catfish and he knows I'm not one so I don't see that as the problem. We were supposed to meet yesterday (Sunday), but he didn't text me until I did when it was the date time. He was like, "Oh yeah, I'm so hungover and have work so I don't think today will work. I'm sorry, poor time management on my part." I too, was hungover from the past night but I got ready etc, because I was actually excited for us to meet. I don't know if he's genuinely serious for a relationship (he's mentioned he's not completely over his ex). I buy his hungover story because we were snapchatting the whole time but it's sort of common sense to me to not get so drunk if you have a date the next morning. I did forgive him and we said we'd schedule something else and have continued talking but I'm still not 100% sure if it's fair for me. Advice? Is it something worth pursuing if he already seems to not be taking it seriously? (I might add we share similar humor and such so there really isn't any serious problems as of now, except this which I feel like I kind of made a big deal about)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 830 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 04:41 pm
@oliwia,
You could probably expect the same treatment in the future.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 01:53 am
@oliwia,
Maybe his priorities are different, he might just prefer beer, like some people prefer cars.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 08:04 am
@oliwia,
Can't recall who said this, but when people show you who they are, believe them.
0 Replies