The Prince does Vancouver

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:35 am
So, the prince is gonna be in Vancouver next week...

Places to go ?
Places to drink ?
Places to eat ?
People to meet ?
People to bed ?.... no cross that out

tips and tricks ?

Mounties ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,083 • Replies: 2
No top replies

msolga

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:37 am
I know the answers to none of these things .... But look out, Vancouver! You're in for an experience! :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 08:48 am
Vancouver Sightseeing - With Britsh Columbia's rapidly growing Chinese community, Chinatown is a place you cannot miss. The architectural styling seen in Vancouver's Chinatown is unique in Canada, because these buildings are inspired by Canton architecture. Be sure to see the Sam Kee Bulding, which is recognized by "Ripley's Believe It or Not" to be the narrowest building in the world.

Grouse Mountain is home to Vancouver's many winter sports and games. It has extensive night skiing, restaurants, and bars. The cable car ride in itself is fun, and the skiing and snowbaording runs are good for those who are novices in winter sports.

Vancouver Stanley ParkStanley Park - A few blocks from downtown Vancouver, Stanley Park is a refreshing change of scenery. It is a thousand-acre wilderness that is fun and interesting to explore.

Robson Street has eclectic mixes of shopping options for those who are in for a day of purchasing anything. The street has a place for everyone, from those who want to buy souvenirs to those who are looking to get high-fashion purchases.

The VanDusen Botanical Gardens used to be a golf course, but is currently possibly the home of largest collection of ornamental plants. The native and exotic plant displays are a photographic treat, and those who are fond of gardening shouldn't hesitate to visit.

Vancouver Gastown
One of Vancouver's highlights, Gastown, is named after its original townsite saloonkeeper "gassy" Jack Deighton. This is the place where Vancouver originated, and this is evident from the old traditional architecture that is dominant in this area.

The UBC Botanical Garden has a varied public display of temperate plants from around the world, particularly Asian, alpine and native plants. Plant sales and special events like the Applefest attracts tourists and locals alike.

Maplewood Farms is a mere 20 minute drive away from Vancouver. Childrena and adults alike will have fun seeing and petting the many barnyard animals.

Granville Island has a few residents, mostly houseboat and fishing communities. The Granville Island Public Market is the place for good food purchases. Children will especially enjoy Granville Island's "Kids Only Market", which sells toys, dolls, chemistry sets, and other things that tickle a kid's fancy.

The Vancouver Aquarium is an Amazon rainforest gallery that features several flora and fauna. Among their displays are piranhas, giant cockroaches, tropical birds, and rainforest vegetation. It is also the home of a huge display of underwater life in British Columbia.

These are all things I've enjoyed in my frequent stays there. My sister is a documentary film maker in Vancouver and if you'd like I'll pass along her number. Perhaps she and my brother in law could help you find stuff to do.
0 Replies