CU Prof. should be fired!

Instigate

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 04:25 pm
Someone should buy this guy a plane ticket to Iraq or Iran. By his own logic, he should either commit suicide or join those fighting The U.S. He's guilty just like the rest of us.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 04:34 pm
Ruick wrote:
I don't think he should be fired for the said reasons in the Rocky Mountain News article. A stronger reason that is arguable is stated in the "Bull-S-***" article, even though i doubt the source's accuracy [perhaps a biased article]. Such as joefromchicago said, his ethnic credientials should not be ground for being fired. Although if being Indian IS a requirement for his position, i can see the reasoning. But wait, the college singled out Indians ONLY for that position? maybe the college should be accused of racial profiling?

Not "racial profiling," but discrimination in employment based on race/ethnicity.

Good first post, Ruick. Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Thomas Hayden

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:36 pm
Let's enact a law regarding this kind of remarks. I think the friends and relatives of 9/11 victims should be economically compensated by this human trash. What about 10000$ for each offended person? If you cannot afford that sum, f#cking bastard, don't worry. What about been sent to Iraq to help in the reconstruction? Take it easy, The Sunni terrorists will never hurt one of their friends.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:49 pm
Yeppers Hayden that's the ticket, let's enact a law. This is AMERICA goldangit we can't have anyone just go around spewing out hate speech like this idiot. Next thing you know we will have people like Coulter or even Limbaugh and even, yes I mean it, even Savage talking outloud. By golly these idiots need to get permission to think or say anything other than what we the people tell them they can think or say. Hanging is too good for them, I say we burn them to death wrapped up in the good ole american flag, that will teach the bastiches what it means to be an american. Right on Hayden, oh yeah and keep the baby, faith.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:02 pm
That's some new avatar, there, McG.
0 Replies

Thomas Hayden

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:13 pm
You certainly cannot compare Coulter or Savage to this guy. There is a difference between a political statement and insulting innocent victims(Ward's speech meaning: those" little Eichmans" deserved it).

Political debate needs urgent regulation, indeed
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:27 pm
well yes sir that Coulter is a peach and no hate speech from her well except
Quote:
"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building"
or this:
Quote:
"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."
or perhaps you will like this better
Quote:
"The Antichrist is probably a Jew alive in Israel today,"
or this:
Quote:
"Communism was the brainchild of German-Jewish intellectuals,"
or this:
Quote:
"The Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew."
That was political power broker and God's best friend, Pat Robertson. I kinda like this one too, what say you?
Quote:
"I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty; we are called by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism."
That was the very holy Randall Terry, founder of "Operation Rescue," speaking to a like-minded audience.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:45 pm
Yeah, Dys, but thats different. You know...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:12 pm
This thread amazes me! Ethnic classes are an excellent way for people to understand the people of the world a little bit better. This kind of understanding could have prevented 9/11 from happening. It could have brought an end to Saddam's regime without a war. But, I digress.
0 Replies

Ruick

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:14 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Ruick wrote:
I don't think he should be fired for the said reasons in the Rocky Mountain News article. A stronger reason that is arguable is stated in the "Bull-S-***" article, even though i doubt the source's accuracy [perhaps a biased article]. Such as joefromchicago said, his ethnic credientials should not be ground for being fired. Although if being Indian IS a requirement for his position, i can see the reasoning. But wait, the college singled out Indians ONLY for that position? maybe the college should be accused of racial profiling?

Not "racial profiling," but discrimination in employment based on race/ethnicity.

Good first post, Ruick. Welcome to A2K.

ah heh thanks. Thanks for fixing my error too, im still a greenhorn Very Happy

I've used Racial profiling out of context, what is it's actual meaning? Just accounting the person's race when developing a list of suspected criminals [dictionary.com meaning] and nothing else?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:16 pm
littlek wrote:
This thread amazes me! Ethnic classes are an excellent way for people to understand the people of the world a little bit better. This kind of understanding could have prevented 9/11 from happening. It could have brought an end to Saddam's regime without a war. But, I digress.

Some people don't want to understand the people of the world etc.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:17 pm
apparently....
0 Replies

Ruick

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:35 pm
Yea i found that a little disturbing [ when he refered to innocent victims as " little Eichmans" and said they deserved it].
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:51 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
That's some new avatar, there, McG.

Eyecatching, isn't it?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:55 pm
so Ruick, I take it from your posts that you read the web site where Churchill posted his essay. I'm kinda surprised about that as it seems most indignant respondents don't even know the site Churchill posts on.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:56 pm
Dys, won't you enlighten us?
0 Replies

Ruick

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 08:43 pm
Well no i didn't read any other sources other than the two articles posted on the first page, if you post some links / sources than it might sway my opinion.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 08:54 pm
I can indeed post the original source for mr churchill's comments, I am not however defending his comments only that I think anyone having such strong opinons as noted on this thread should (of course) have actually read what they are busy being angry about, from the horses mouth so to speak. here you will find the original
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:53 pm
McGentrix, by his latest avatar, once again shows us the true nature of conservative morality.

Neoconservatives say one thing, but we all know what's truly on their minds.

They complain about Janet Jackson only because she didn't show enough during the Superbowl halftime show.

Amazing...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:56 pm
Thanks dys!

I think McG's avatar is gross and hypocritical too. Buuuuutttt, I wasn't going to say anything about it. <grin>.
0 Replies