Hair Help

Json 23

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 01:18 am
im 15 and i want a certainhairstyle. ok if you know who the gotti brothers are then u know the hair im trying to gt, i spend 20 mins in the bathroom using a bottle of gel and cant get it spiked like they have it, any ideas, special techniques, anything?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,565 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

Montana

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 03:24 am
I can't help you there, but when I have hair style questions I ask my hair dresser and she shows me how to do it.
0 Replies

Eva

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:28 am
When you see someone with hair like you want, stop them and ask where they have it done. Then make an appointment there.
0 Replies

superjuly

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:38 am
Have you tried using that hair wax stuff instead of hair gel?

I heard it's really good. I have never tried it myself but I know some people who have used it to get similar effect.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:39 am
Maybe try one of these for hard-as-nails spikes (I've never seen Gotti so I am not quite sure what look you are going for...)

Hair Glue

Spiking Glue
0 Replies

Krysia

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 02:01 pm
I asked a guy friend for assistance, so he should take half the credit. Wink

When not spiked up like that, your hair has to be a few inches longer than "clean cut". I'd say that it'd have to fall to about your ear. When you're at the barber's, tell them to give you a "blow out" but not trim the top part of your head. (No idea what the blow out part means, but that was from the guy friend, and he's particular about hair, so he'd know.)

After that, while you're hair is dry, put something in your hair to give it shape. Friend suggests pomade (which is found in the hair products section of most stores, in a smallish circular container, he says), but I think that hair wax or hair glue (which are stronger than hair gel) will do the trick. Then spray on some hair spray to set it. Friend says that it should take you like 20 minutes if you're diligent.

If you try it, tell us how it went!
0 Replies

Portal Star

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 06:39 pm
Re: Hair Help
Json_23 wrote:
im 15 and i want a certainhairstyle. ok if you know who the gotti brothers are then u know the hair im trying to gt, i spend 20 mins in the bathroom using a bottle of gel and cant get it spiked like they have it, any ideas, special techniques, anything?

I know that back in the day, punks used to use elmers glue.

Dirty greasy hair will also be easier to shape than clean hair. Joico's ice line and also bedhead make some pretty sticky spiking products.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:07 pm
There is a powder gelatin that you can used mixed with water, and it's available at any grocery store. It makes the longest hair spikey as ****. But one question, Why do you want to look like those greasers?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:26 pm
I wear the Spikey hairdo's..but have no idea what your talking about when you mention Gotti Brothers.

If you want a product that works well, use Matrix Mud. Its can be used to hold hair extensions...in for a few days..thats without washing it. Dry your hair, use the mud and then use the dryer again to set it.

As for blowout...thats nothing more than having your hair dried with a blow dryer.

If your looking for a cheaper product...regular bar soap works to hold too. But I wouldn't recomend it.

Hairspray...there is one called "Freeze It"..that works well. Spray and use the blow dryer to set it.

Pomades are generally sticky, but don't hold well in high humidity, it will retain moisture and then fall. They are good however to use on wet hair to get the effect your looking for started....that is...before you blowdry.

I prefer a clean head here, use a pomade on wet...dry it, use the mud...and dry again.

That oughta work.
0 Replies

Json 23

Thu 3 Feb, 2005 11:51 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
There is a powder gelatin that you can used mixed with water, and it's available at any grocery store. It makes the longest hair spikey as ****. But one question, Why do you want to look like those greasers?

i dont wanna look like em, just want their hair
0 Replies

GottiBoi9

Sun 6 Feb, 2005 08:43 pm
What up man I got that hair
Personally I get my haircut at a salon in New York the actual salon Carmine gets his done at. I use Ice Juico Hair Glue... the same as the gottis do. What you want to do Is go to your barber and ask for a blow out and get the back chopped up high and shaved/faded into long hair, for the sideburns there is an indent which you can probably see how it cuts in like a sideways v. the sideburns are long, thin, and shaved which stretch down way passed the ear. Now that you have the haircut down time for styling.
You want to wet your hair
use a blow dryer to blast the hair upwards
put hair glue all over your hands and spike with you fingers... NO COMB
remember to spike the back also
once you spike hair all the way around ur head streaight up push down a little to give it the circular bend their hair has.
dont spray with and products after... but take a spray bottle full of water and gently give it a mist to give it a shine.

I feel great to know someone appreciates my hairstyle enough to ask on a thread Very Happy
flako

Mon 21 Feb, 2005 11:15 am
----
hey gotti boy , i really have some questions of your hairstyle , and i dont really come on here a lot do you mind giving me your email bcz for some reason i cant private msg u thnx =D
0 Replies

Tenoch

Mon 21 Feb, 2005 01:11 pm
Can u say metrosexual?
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Tenoch

Mon 21 Feb, 2005 10:44 pm
Calm down you little flake. metrosexual is not a derogatory comment. Neither is homosexual. Calm the hell down and realize you sound like a little boy when you talk like that.
0 Replies

hottiboy19

Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:26 pm
gottiboi wat salon do u go 2?
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Gotti Boy21

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:09 am
@GottiBoi9,
thank u man wat is the salon in new york called so i can go there. and where can i buy the ice juico hair glue at. and do u know of any salons in mary land. i think the hairstyle is the best me and my brother are Italian . thank u for the tips about the hair and the product to use. please write me back
0 Replies