• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 718 • Replies: 8
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:39 pm
Yes you can.
Do you want to adopt your foster child,
or a child that is in foster care?

Be more specific and I can answer more specific.
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:35 pm
I think it depends on the state. Cause In Ca. where I got Mel i got to choose her. Here in nevada it's different. They match you. You can say no you don't want the ones they chose but you don't get to go through a book of kids like I did in Ca.
In Ca. Though this state isn't two clear on what we can do or not. In Ca. I went to an agency called AASK (Adopt a special kid) they delt with special needs kids. They had tons of books to go through. Also there is a web site called adoptuskid can't remember if it is org net or com but you can go there and look through kids available for adoption. I don't know though having them match you in a way is cool cause it's just like you having it. When you have your own you don't get to choose ya just get what y a get and going through all those books of children was kind of hard and sad. Lol I wanted to take them all. Anyhow good luck.
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:41 pm
that site was www.adoptuskids.org
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:55 pm
Devious,
I did adopt in California, and I could choose to a certain
extend. From the books you can choose any child you
want, but if you have particular requests than they'll
present you with cases they think would fit your criteria.

I adopted through Social Services and the first case
they presented to me was my daughter Wink She not
only looks like me I also couldn't have asked for anything
more precious.
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 02:05 pm
aww yeah that is what we did too. I told my hubby we are not just gonna pick any kid so don't you go falling in love with the first kid they shove at ya. You got to know as much as you can about them. Lol they brought me a flyer with Mel and her story on it. That was the only picture I saw. I interupted Tim in his speach to the social worker about how we would like some time to look around lol. I said we'll take her. He was like huh? But she was so perfect and it was kind of spooky cause I had asked for a sign to help me choose. My mom had passed away not long before and when they brought me the flyer I started crying. Her original name was Mariah Rosalez. My name is Maria My moms name was Rosa. When I read her name that poped out at me. she had both my name and my moms name in hers. Yeah may be a strech but that is what I saw right away so it spoke to me and we got her. I always wanted my mom to see my kids and she wasn't able to but when I saw that I kind of felt like she did see her and aproved. After her about a year later was when I went back and was starting to go thorugh books for more kids but we ended up having to move so now we are having to do it all over again here. I don't like it as much as in Ca. It seems like they had it more together than they do here. Lol I know Ca having it together what? hehe. But they did. Anyhow that is my two cents or four.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 10:55 pm
Funny you're saying this, as I did look for a sign as well,
when I looked through the paperwork that was presented
to me prior to committing, and my sign was, that little Jane
was released for adoption on my birthday and her
birthday is one day after my mothers'. That was good enough
for me to immediately accept her even before I had
seen any pictures.

These little creatures are God sent, aren't they? Smile
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:30 pm
yes they are lol. When I started all this they told me it would take years. It was more like a world win and just blew me away. It was more like mothns. I took the classes and there were so many strange things. Like she was free on valentines day was in my home the day of my birthday and adoption was final christmas. She has been the best gift I have ever recieved. Even with her TONS of quarks lol. they are great and one thing I'm always asked is if it is possible to love an adopted child like your own and you know whay? OH yes yes yes yes. I love that lil girl and I coudln't imagine loving anyone anymore than her.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 12:22 am
Quote:
OH yes yes yes yes. I love that lil girl and I coudln't imagine loving anyone anymore than her.

I feel the same way.
0 Replies