Help required for approaching a crush

dev747

Mon 12 Feb, 2018 09:59 am
I'm 25 and have huge crush on this girl who is 29. We were working in the same office.I guess she also likes me as I caught here staring me several times. Also she was the first to start the conversation most of the times when we met.

But when I asked the reason for staring, she got tensed and said there is nothing like that and I'm like her younger brother. But I think, she said this in stress because she might have thought I was complaining and I'm younger than her. But I'm not sure about this. How can I approach her to know her true feelings? Or do I need to drop idea of approaching her at all as she hitted me like a brother. I like her very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 596 • Replies: 8
Topic Closed
No top replies

ehBeth

Mon 12 Feb, 2018 10:29 am
@dev747,
dev747 wrote:
But when I asked the reason for staring

you might have really screwed things up with that stupid question but just in case she's not really weirded out by you ... ask her out for a tea/coffee. Something brief and casual during a non-work time, like a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

and don't talk about the staring - just don't
dev747

Mon 12 Feb, 2018 01:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Yep, I also think the question about staring might have freaked her out. But I was expecting a positive response from her on that question. Also I have said sorry to her if I have hurt her and she said it is OK and have forgotten about that. What does this implies?
ehBeth

Mon 12 Feb, 2018 01:26 pm
@dev747,
It means she doesn't want to hear about that again.

There is no way to get a positive response to your comment about the staring.

Send her a note - invite her for an afternoon get-together. Forget about the staring - hopefully she'll get past your awkward comment.
0 Replies

dev747

Tue 13 Feb, 2018 06:23 am
Thanks for your feedback. By the way I missed out one important detail that she had left our work place 3 weeks ago (for better job opportunities) only making my chances to approach her difficult as hell. And she dont have profile on any social media either. She can be contacted only through phone. But contacting her on phone seems somewhat awkward to me right now. Or how do I initiate conversation/message on phone that will not make her awkward either if possible? Any advice on this?
ehBeth

Tue 13 Feb, 2018 08:44 am
@dev747,
Call her. Tell her you'd like to hear how she's enjoying her new job over coffee / tea on the weekend.

0 Replies

bharathipriya

Wed 14 Feb, 2018 06:40 am
@dev747,
Call her and talk right away without delaying. She might think that you are not interested. Usually girls would wait for a positive response from boys.
0 Replies

dev747

Wed 14 Feb, 2018 01:53 pm
Thanks guys for the advice.

Actually I have not given any signs from my side till now that I like her as I'm sort of shy and introvert. So she does not have any slightest idea that I like her.

By the way she will be coming to my office within a month for last time for some documentation formalities. At that time she will be meeting all the colleagues. Any chance for approaching her that time. Most probably that will be my last time meeting her. But I will always keep my hopes high!
ehBeth

Wed 14 Feb, 2018 01:55 pm
@dev747,
Don't wait a month.
Don't wait til she's meeting with all your colleagues.

Does she know you by name?

Call her.

This is Wednesday. Invite her out for coffee /tea on Saturday afternoon.

Do not wait if you are truly interested in this woman.
0 Replies