Pregnant question

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 06:24 pm
I have a question. When one is with child and they kick can you feel it? meaning does it hurt? I never have been and as I've said before I've been married a loooong time and all of a sudden I have been having these little twinges of pain. Not horribe but uncofortable. I have never really worried about it cause we've tried and nothing ever came of it. Plus a doctor told us that the reason was that I had sists on my overies and that would make it harder for me to get pregnant. It's called overian sist syndrom or some thing like that. anyhow I just thought I would ask. Thanks in advance.
Always Maria.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,100 • Replies: 6
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 06:27 pm
Kicks from a baby as I know, should never HURT.. uncomfortable.. at times they are. Espically when they are bigger ( after 6-7 mos )
how long has it been since you have had your period?
are you positive you are pregnant?
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:24 pm
No I'm not posative of being pregnant at all. As for period that doesn't help any cause I don't have one sometimes for as much as 4 months at a time very unregular in that department. I thought I rememberd my mom saying that when she was pregnant I use to kick and it felt like I got her in the ribs and that hurt a lot but not sure of that as she enjoyed telling me horrible stories to deter me from getting knocked up at a young age. In any case thank you for your reply. I should just go find a doc and see what he says. aaack I hate doctors.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:31 pm
When was your last period, DB? You typically can't feel a baby kick until the 5th month, and even then it's very soft, sorta fluttery. More vigorous kicks don't come until the baby is bigger, i.e., you're farther along...far enough that you'd be very obviously pregnant. A good friend of mine was kicked so hard by her son that he broke one of her ribs. Of course, she was 8 months pregnant at the time that happened.

Go to a doctor anyway, if only for reassurance.
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:15 pm
hmm lol then mom was telling me the truth. I was a big baby about 9 lb 8oz. It's been about 3 months since my last one. as I said I don't have one every month. I was ignoring it only cause I thought well maybe I just ate some thing bad but I weighed myslef and there is like a 20 pound gain. I was shocked cause I haven't changed any eating patterns at all for that much of a gain. I talked to my aunt just now and I think I am gonna go in and check cause with my family history with pregnancy sounds like I better. she said she had her first and didn't know she was till a month from having it and with her third she had a period up till 7 months. Oh her first was 12 pounds lol omg. I didn't even ask how that came out. or how she didn't know she was. Though we are fairly built big, kind of amozonian lol. Anyhow thank you.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:19 pm
Devious.......please do see a doctor.

When I was pregnant I kept a diary. So after reading your post, I got my diary out, to see when I first felt movement. I guess it's different for everyone, though.

13 weeks- Had my first ultrasound. That's when it all truely became "real" to me. Changed me in ways I can't even tell you.

16 weeks- Felt my first flutter. I described it as a butterfly flapping it's wings right below my belly button. Felt it 3 x's that day.

17 weeks- Stopped feeling movements. Was in a panic. Doctor said not to worry....that it was normal. Could be to the high volume of amniotic fluid.

18 weeks- Feeling movements again. Only now it's more like someone tickling me with their fingertips, than a butterfly.

FAST FORWARD TO WEEK 22

From this point......I could feel her a tremendous amount. She was very active. NOT constant......but alot. As time went on, I found out I could get her to move by doing things such as singing to her. So I would sit in a rocking chair and softly rub my tummy while singing. As my pregnancy progressed, her and I even played little games, where I would gently tap my tummy and she would follow my movements. It sometimes took awhile......but she seemed to move towards where she knew my hand was. This is a VERY bonding time....and very beautiful time.

I always needed the assurance that she was ok. So during her long rest periods, I would get all worried. I also figured out that when I would drink something ice cold, she would move. (no kiddin') Smile

Anyways.......please do make an appointment with your doctor. Give yourself the peace of mind you are so seeking.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 09:27 am
I'm glad you've decided to go to the Dr. That's really the only way to be sure. With your history of cysts it could also be that the pains you are feeling are coming from the cysts growing. That could also explain your weight gain. Regardless of whether you're pregnant or not any gain of 20 lbs without changes to your diet should be evaluated.

Let us know how it goes.
0 Replies