What are you procrastinating about today?

steissd

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 04:35 pm
Well, I tend to procrastinate everything pertaining to home cleaning; it does not mean that I like dirt (the opposite thing is right), but I hate the very process of its removal.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 06:40 pm
If I'm not really intending to clean, though my place needs it badly, is it still procrastination? <er, hope dagmaraka doesn't see that>

What about stuff like, eventually I'll need to start an IRA. Does it count as procrastination if I don't have any spare cash to start one with?

I always forget to write back to my friend Jules when I have time to do so. I remember at 1am or as I'm about to go meet someone out.

Other things, like paying bills, doing laundry, working, I don't procrastinate much with those things.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:07 pm
I was thinking about responding to this thread.. Maybe tomorrow! Wink
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:10 pm
I have to put all the garbage together so that I can set it out in the morning for the garbage men. Not one of my favorite jobs!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:23 pm
Going home so I can eat...
Finding where home is...
living life...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:24 am
Everthing, it rained all day so I just took the day off and will try to get going on the morrow.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:40 am
Occasionally I read about a group called the Procastinators of America (I think it is). I would be the perfect candidate for that group, but I keep putting off joining.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:07 am
I was suppose to wash, disinfect, and sterilize my wine bottles today to get them ready to bottle my wine tomorrow, but I put it off, so as usual I'll have to do everything tomorrow.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 11:53 am
I switched on the computer to do a list of all our costs and stuff because on Monday some kind of consulant will come to check it all. And what am I doing? Aaargh!!! And I also ordered a jacket at dress-for-less.de...

All right, that is it! I will do my list now!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 11:53 am
I'll stay online, though, just in case...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:13 pm
I have a whole load of oranges and small grapefruits that I picked off my trees, and I plan to squeeze them for juice. But I can't pull myself away from the computer. Waaaaa Mad
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:15 pm
I gathered all the stuff together for Monday. Now I really want to go to have dinner at La Pergola where BigDice works. I wonder when I will make it :-) I am hungry!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:16 pm
Oh, I just turned 'enthusiast'! Good reason to have a glass of wine! I'm off to La Pergola!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:25 pm
This &%#$%%#%@#%#(&% work done that I absolutely have to do - geeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:59 pm
dlowan wrote:
The WEEK before they are due! You ain't even TRYING! The NIGHT before! That is when true procrastinators do their stuff - if all extensions have been exhausted!

Well, my new year's res was not to start them the night before...with a week I have time to procrastinate! Smile

Lorna
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 04:56 pm
LOL!!!!! I used to have to put myself in the bath with the reading materials for tomorrow's essay, and not let myself out - no matter how prune-like and wrinkled I became - until the reading was complete! Then the all night write up began - never a second draft - the pen rushing all night - the essay completed at 8.30 - the rushed journey into the city to drop the smegger in the essay box before nine - Nancy, the English Department secretary, and my friend, would turn a blind eye to my slightly after nine drops... but there was no mercy in Psychology, Philosophy, History or German...
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 01:51 am
Right after I posted I felt so guilty that I went and did my bottles. I'm glad I got them out of the way because we are in the middle of yet another storm and I spent the day today rushing around gathering needs in case we get stranded. Seeing that we lost our power for two days during our last freezing rain storm 3 weeks ago and had to go out to rent a cottage due to the cold, I went out and bought a wood stove today since they are AGAIN expecting power outages from this storm. I had it installed and it's ready to go. I filled the tub and a bunch of large pots with water, charged my cell phone and flashlight batteries, bought oil for my lamp, wood for the stove, and now all I have left to do is bottle my wine. Looks like the wine was ready just in time.
No procrastinating today ;-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 05:49 am
Hello everyone! Very Happy
I've really intrigued been by the different forms of procrastination you've indulged in. It seems just about EVERYTHING can be put off & fretted over!
But, why oh why, do we do it, I wonder? (is it some twisted form of masochism, maybe? Confused )

I spent most of today knocking of endless (domestic) jobs that I'd been putting off & putting off .... So for one glorious evening my little house looks like a palace. Very Happy ... Then the whole cycle starts again! <sigh>
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 09:06 am
Oh sigh!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 05:30 pm
<deep, deep sigh ..> Confused
0 Replies