Inauguration, Justification, Ratification... Modification?

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:54 am
As we are hearing Bush declare that his re-election gave him a mandate and a pass for his administration for previous actions that had been in question...

As we listen to Rice being sworn in without real opposition despite her lies, misleads and basic stupidity for not taking "Osama Determined..." to mean anything serious...

As we name Gonzales, manipulator of tortured wording and justification, to the highest office of law and justice...

There WAS tampering and modification of ballots taking place in Ohio.

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/index.php?p=7

And the sad thing is that nothing will be done about it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 494 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:16 pm
Bush made a deal with Zontar, leader of the Venusians, to shine energy beams on the US on election day to influence the election machines to give him the presidency. In return, he promised to deliver 1,000 US Marines to the Venusians to be taken offworld and dissected for scientific research.

On the other hand, that case in Milwaukee of Democratic activists slashing the tires of vans that were going to take Republican voters to the polls is very real.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:31 pm
As are the stories of large precincts in Ohio's minority communities not having enough voting machines and 6 hour delays for voters trying to exercise their right to vote. These kinds of irregularities are well known and almost expected.

I read the article. It's compelling, but I would feel better about believing it if it the story were picked up by a better known news outlet.

<edit>

It would also be nice to know if there were enough altered ballots to have made a difference in the outcome.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:35 pm
The stickers were noted during the recount. When the recount was ordered to proceed, and I heard that such a small percentage were required, I figured out back then that it was just a matter of the person with the ballots ordering them in such a way that the required number would give the desired results.

If it isn't a random sample it isn't a sample.

Like I said originally, it doesn't matter. Justice, fairness, right and wrong are all things of the past. The brandon9000's of the US have to live with their choice. That is some solice.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:56 pm
squinney wrote:
...Justice, fairness, right and wrong are all things of the past. The brandon9000's of the US have to live with their choice. That is some solice.

You are correct when you point out that voting for the candidate I agree with and winning sends justice right out the window. And you are also right in that I am having trouble sleeping nights because of my choice. I secretly realize that your opinions are the correct ones and that I betrayed Mankind by voting in accordance with my own ideas. You are not correct, however, in your spelling of solace.

I do hope that you and those on the left will spend the next two years whining about how you were robbed in the election, rather than doing anything constructive to promote your candidates for 2006.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:26 pm
Ohio isn't the only place suspected fraud took place. Besides the story of sons of prominent democratic politicians slashing tires of republican vans, there is a gap of more than 8000 more ballots cast in Milwaukee county then there where voters.

Quote:
Opening for fraud

McCann's announcement comes after a series of revelations by the newspaper that have left critics worrying that the problems signal either bureaucratic blundering or widespread fraud, though they can't determine which because the system itself is so messed up.

This week, the newspaper reported finding that more than 1,200 votes Nov. 2 came from invalid addresses, with nearly 75% of those coming from people who registered at the polls. Of those, a sample showed about 20% could be explained by data entry errors, such as transposed digits.

In addition, the newspaper found that 186 votes from invalid addresses were among about 5,600 addresses challenged before the election by the state Republican Party as non-existent.

Meanwhile, the newspaper's latest review of the city's records shows several hundred cases in which the same person is recorded as voting twice from the same address, though it appears to be the result of already-registered voters who re-registered to vote and consequently are listed in the database twice.

The Journal Sentinel found 314 cases where this may have occurred with the same address listed twice, and many others cases where people with identical and uncommon names are listed as voting at two addresses - perhaps due to reregistering at their new address on election day.

The 314 cases examined do not appear to be ones where one person was issued two ballots.

They do point, however, toward sloppy or flawed data entry into a system that did not have enough safeguards to prevent duplicate entries or provide enough oversight of those registering to vote to prevent people from doing so twice.

On a practical level, the problem increases the gap between the number of people recorded as having voted (269,212) and the number of ballots cast (277,535) - a difference the newspaper previously placed at about 8,300.

The city's estimates had put the gap at more than 10,000.

Officials still have not fully explained that gap or provided access to registration cards that could not be processed because of illegibility or missing information. Those cards haven't been entered in the city database.

Thus, the Journal Sentinel could not include them in its look at Milwaukee election records. The newspaper has also found spotty compliance statewide with election laws that require communities to send out address confirmation cards, then submit any that are returned as undeliverable to the district attorney.

Full Story

Wisconsin was decided by only 11,000 votes.
0 Replies