Anti-Kerry author eyes Bay State Senate run

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 05:08 pm
Poetic justice? Laughing

Anti-Kerry author eyes Bay State Senate run

WASHINGTON - The co-author of the Swift Boat veterans' book that attacked Sen. John F. Kerry [related, bio] plans to move to the Bay State this year so he can challenge Kerry for his Senate seat in 2008.

``I'm going to do it,'' said Jerome Corsi, 58. ``I've got serious political aspirations now.''

Corsi, who has had to apologize for inflammatory comments he made about Islam, the pope and Judaism, lives in New Jersey but plans to establish residency in Boston this spring.

Though not a veteran himself, Corsi co-authored ``Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry [related, bio].''

Currently a U.S. Financial Marketing Group managing partner, Corsi plans to sell his interest in the company and enter politics.

Corsi, who earned a PhD in political science from Harvard University in 1972, also has a book coming out in April called ``Atomic Iran.'' He said his ``strong first choice'' is to run as a Republican, but without GOP party backing he would run as an independent.

He plans to run even if Kerry does not. ``It may be time for a conservative movement to take hold in Massachusetts,'' Corsi said.

Kerry spokesman David Wade declined comment on Corsi, saying Kerry is focused on his Senate work. But state Democratic chairman Phil Johnston said, ``I know Massachusetts will not welcome a candidate whose calling card is a disturbing track record of slandering Catholics, the pope, Jews and Vietnam veterans. Carpetbaggers spreading lies and smears are not welcome in our state.''

Johnston was referring to comments Corsi posted in the past few years on FreeRepublic.com. In the posts, Corsi called Islam ``a cancer that destroys the body it infects,'' called the pope ``senile,'' and referred to Kerry as ``John (expletive) Commie Kerry.''

Corsi said the comments ``were not meant as serious expressions of my views and opinions,'' but ``meant to be satirical and provocative . . . It's like saying Shakespeare is responsible for something one of his characters said.''
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,575 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:32 am
Hmmmm. A character with no character is going to hold himself up as the arbiter of moral values while dissing the Pope in the most Catholic state of the Union. Yeah, this will be fun.

Joe(So what are your thoughts, I mean really) Nation
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 07:03 am
I'd be willing to wager a small fortune He'll rethink and finally dismiss the idea. If his support personnel query residents I'm sure they'll come up with figures that he's not going to be popular in this area.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 07:44 am
Quote:
Corsi, who has had to apologize for inflammatory comments he made about Islam, the pope and Judaism, lives in New Jersey but plans to establish residency in Boston this spring.

A Republican hero, in the making.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 07:46 am
As a Massachusetts voter, I can't believe this is anything but a publicity stunt.

Now, I am looking forward to firing our weasel of a governor. Kerry is pretty popular around here. I think his seat is safe.

The swift boat idiots may be popular in Texas. Around here, even those of us who don't despise them think they are pretty pathetic.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:51 am
We've encountered Mr. Corsi before.

"On FreeRepublic.com, Corsi has, among other things, said that "ragheads" are "boy buggers"; referred to "John F*ing Kerry"; called Senator Hillary Clinton a "Fat Hog"; referred to her daughter as "Chubby Chelsie" Clinton; referred to Janet Reno as "Janet Rhino"; called Katie Couric "Little Katie Communist"; suggested Kerry was "practicing Judaism"; and expressed the wish that a small plane that had crashed into a building in Los Angeles had instead crashed into the set of NBC'S The West Wing, thereby killing actor Martin Sheen."

Source.

My opinion: since Illinois had to endure Alan Keyes, it's only fair that Massachusetts gets Jim Corsi.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:54 am
Kerry's big draw was Anybody But Bush. What's Jerome Corsi's going to be? Anybody But Kerry? I like it. Political platforms are getting so easy to understand, these days.
0 Replies