OK ,..wince now, this one's about: "Puppetry of the Penis"

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 08:14 pm
Do you remember which issue of the Glob it was?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 08:27 pm
Jerry..its a really big pole Smile

fishin...look at those injuries Craven posted, is it worth it? <I certainly think not>

I have to go to the website now and find out more...this should be great fun! Smile
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:12 am
I can't see their website from work! That's really funny. I'll have to check this out tonight...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:20 am
Both at home and at work their website is a bit whacked in spots...is it just me?
Definately see more from work...although Im unsure how pc that is, even though the girls are the only ones here and they asked me to see it.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 09:27 am
Hmm, I can't imagine that anyone not in the first couple of rows will be able to see anything!

I've heard something about this and these guys apparently can twist and twirl into all sorts of funny and amusing shapes with costumes, jokey monologues and their 'poles'. I would bet it is fun and whimsical, if not cringe-able (is that a word) for the guys, as their mates ask them to repeat the scenes later!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 10:36 am
Saw this on HBO a while back. Was not at all surprised that the originators were Aussies. Looked very funny.

They said that growth at the audition was actually considered automatic (or auto- something) grounds for failure...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:05 am
Oh man, that is just such a major bummer. -Eric Shun
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:49 am
OK,..a review:

Quote:
Maybe it's not the show to go on a first date, but then again maybe it is.
On stage in the John Houseman Theatre, way west on 42nd Street, Justin Morley and David Friend, clad only in sneakers and socks, engage in an hour or so of what they call penis puppetry, or alternately genital origami. They express the hope several times that audience members have had a drink or two before popping into the theatre. Indeed, it would have helped. What does help is the opening act, Wendy Vousden, a really very funny comic with some sly and wickedly bawdy jokes.
Then the boys enter, wearing for a few precious moments, super hero capes. As the audience watches them manipulate their privates into such attractions as the Eiffel Tower, a sea anemone, a squirrel, and a hamburger (and many, many more) there is plenty of laughter, not all of it nervous. Four or five viewers, all men, did walk out but the vast majority stayed on, seeming to be enjoying themselves immensely. And, speaking of immensity, a TV camera helps out by zooming in on close-ups of each attraction (they call them installations) and projecting them on a huge screen center stage.
The show has been a hit in Australia and London, and looks to be on its way to being a hit in New York. Road companies are touring Canada and Britain. Be warned! These puppets have no strings attached

This is gonna be hysterical!! Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 12:05 pm
I seem to recall a book (which I think was a war novel, it may even have been M*A*S*H) which discusses similar, er, genital origami, including (with the assistance of a well-placed pair of eyeglasses) Groucho Marx.

Can't find the cite, though. Argh.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 12:26 pm
Hiya!

Littlek- From what I can tell, the "other" troups are touring Canada and Europe,..we get the real deal this time out! Very Happy

cjhsa- I bet it was HUGE in SF Laughing

TerryDoo- Glad I could help,..check your PM's.

Jespah- Bevis and Butthead,...giggle,..they get me every time! Laughing

Craven- That's hysterical!! Laughing (gotta love the nut in the nut)

Roger- Not sure if it would be Blue Man Group, but it may be Blue "something" group! Laughing

Sealpoet- I'm sure that size does matter, I mean if you didn't have good seats,.you'd be lost! Laughing

quinn- Watching it at WORK?!?!?!! Well I suppose that it's just as bad as me charging the tix to my work amex (tons of reward points), and then finding out that they had been sent to my bosses office,...."Jerry,..you have some 'splainin to do!!",...hehehe,..they already know I'm nuts so it really didn't matter! Laughing

Heeven- Apparently there's a giant screen TV..like some sort of Madonna concert. Laughing

macsmm- the sites not really dirty at all (well just a little :wink: )

Patiodog- I'm sure that they can't "grow" on stage,.that would cross the line from naked foolishness to "adult" entertainment. Laughing
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 12:31 pm
Jerry--I have no new messages. Sad
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 12:42 pm
Oops Embarrassed ,..try again!! Laughing
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 12:54 pm
<giggle> Surprised
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 01:15 pm
hehehehe...Im sure the boss easily figuredout they werent tickets for themselves and why..who could they be for? Sure that didnt take long either. Then again...
nevermind.

Smile

Ah, projection screen..excellent...I was wondering how many others were thinkinga bout bringing binoculars, now, no need..whew.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 01:16 pm
Laughing Laughing Embarrassed Laughing Laughing Shocked
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 01:18 pm
Cool

Confused

Laughing Razz
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:06 pm
Oh, and by the way... I didn't respond to your poll because there were no choices that involved the word 'smeg'.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 10:53 pm
Hiya Sealpoet,
I was trying to be a little "PC",..I was afraid to mention he word "smeg" in a poll about poles! Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 07:08 pm
Sure to help Australia's international reputation.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 08:23 pm
yeah..noticed they were aussies

what exactly do you think it will do in the realm of change though?

Wink
0 Replies