Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:41 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 698 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 07:07 am
If you interact in your school in the same manner that you write on A2K, it is no wonder that you were not happy with the results.

One of the most efficient ways of dealing with customer service departments, is to be concise, clear, and friendly. Superciliousness will get you nothing but negative responses. From everything that I have seen you write, I sense a haughtiness that is really off putting, and most probably perceived as demeaning to people in service positions.

Do you know the expression, "You can catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar?"
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:12 am
Re: "Customer Service!"
paul andrew bourne wrote:

It was the first time in my adult years that I felt like an infidel.....

As a postgraduate student and a tutor for the Department of Sociology, to be humbled in this manner is an ideography of poor customer service offered by an institution that seeks to position itself as the premier University for the Caribbean.

Perhaps you ought to be humbled more often. I agree with Phoenix that you tend to come off as a bit self-rightous and haughty. Just because you have a an education doesn't make you any better than the people who work for the institution that gave you your degree. Perhaps you should have more respect for them and you will get a better response in the future.
0 Replies

paul andrew bourne

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:54 am
"Customer Service"
By Paul Andrew Bourne, MSc. (candidate); BSc. (Hons); Dip Edu.

Many people of our society oftentimes misconstrue 'customer service' with portrayal of attitude. Despite a customer's attitude to an individual, it must be understood that he/she who interfaces with the client has a duty of professional responsibility. Furthermore, 'customer service' is not just a simple terminology that is reserved for a particular race, social class grouping, association, attitude and personal preferences but a deed of "goodwill" to all people.

Therefore, customer service is not let us respond to Hitler in the manner he began. The word denotes a "service" of high responsibility to "men".

Let us offer 'service' to our client and not personal attitudinal biases.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:36 am
oh
0 Replies