68

Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Setanta

2  
Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 12:56 pm
@oralloy,
Oh my Dog, what a complete moron. What a waste of a mediocre talent.

0  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:52 am
@Setanta,
I'll defer to you on the assessment of talent. I've no idea how to even begin to judge that. He surely can draw better than I can, but that's not saying much, since I can't draw anything at all.

But I disagree on the bit about waste. People pay more attention to political cartoons than they do to written text, so they can be a great way to convey criticism that would otherwise be ignored.

-3  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 07:26 am
https://dailytorch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Angry-Gods-DT-990.jpg
livinglava

2  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:57 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

So why doesn't he draw one of a sprawling city filled with automotive traffic and all but devoid of trees amidst the pavement and show two climate sceptics scoffing about how atmospheric CO2 levels couldn't possibly be caused by human energy- and land- use?

-1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:18 am
@livinglava,
Because he doesn't choose to I guess.

You are free to draw such a cartoon yourself if you like.
livinglava

3  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 10:27 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Because he doesn't choose to I guess.

Maybe he's doesn't want to caricature both sides of the climate debate, i.e. only climate science believers but not the deniers.

Oh well, at least we understand his bias.

MontereyJack

1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 03:42 pm
@oralloy,
Another branco stupidity. He never ceases with the bullshit. Dumb failed attempt at ;parallelism. I guarantee you that 95% of climate scientists know a **** of a lot more about climate than 95% of stone age tribal elders ever did.

Setanta

1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 03:48 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
People pay more attention to political cartoons than they do to written text, so they can be a great way to convey criticism that would otherwise be ignored.

I'm sure that's true when it comes to Trump supporters. The "criticism" to which you refer is bullsh*t. The climate is changing. Stratigraphy demonstrates through sedimentary deposition that the cycle of warming and cooling of the climate has been going on in cycles of roughly 2000 years (actually from about 1700 to 2300 years) for thousands of years. Read about Bond events and Heinrich events and leave the bone-head cartoons by third-rate artists for your political rants in political threads.

This is not a political thread. Both historians and scientists have referred to the most recent climate cooling event as the Little Ice Age. We are now just under 150 years past the Little Ice Age, and the warming trend will continue for a minimum of another 700 years. The population of the planet has increased by five orders of magnitude in the last century. That means that there are now more than five times as many humans on the planet than there were after the end of the Great War. More significantly, the human population has increased by three orders of magnitude since the end of the Second World War. It's just going to get more intense, and more deadly as time goes by.

Those who deny that the climate is changing either in the energy industry, or are shills for the energy industry, or just poor dupes of the energy industry. The energy industry doesn't want anything to change because they make a lot of money out of fossil fuels. They don't want that to change, and they don't give a rat's patoot about you or me--about anyone. Wake up. Keep the idiotic cartoon drivel for the political threads. It doesn't belong here.

-1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:07 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The "criticism" to which you refer is bullsh*t.

It's certainly the case that climate journals are trying to suppress the publication of data that they find is inconvenient to the leftist narrative.

Setanta wrote:
It's just going to get more intense, and more deadly as time goes by.

If so, then the solution is to take steps to mitigate it. Move the orbits of the inner planets outwards so that they receive less sunlight. Put mirrors in space to reflect sunlight away from the Earth. Put particles in the Earth's upper atmosphere to block sunlight from reaching the surface.

Setanta wrote:
This is not a political thread.

It looks to me like the thread is all about progressives demanding that the American economy be crippled with socialist-style rolling blackouts.
MontereyJack

1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:30 pm
@oralloy,
Your case is not journalS suppressing data. It's based on ONE article which came to a suspect conclusion which has been contradicted contradicted by ongoing research in the area in ONE journal, from which OPINION you refuse to accept the mountains oi independently researched FACT that show climate change is real.
MontereyJack

1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:37 pm
@oralloy,
If that's what it looks like to you, I'd recommend you get a new eye doctor, because whoever you're going to now is clearly incompetent.

-1  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your case is not journalS suppressing data.

Actually that is what I am saying.

MontereyJack wrote:
It's based on ONE article which came to a suspect conclusion which has been contradicted contradicted by ongoing research in the area in ONE journal,

In other words, it is accepted practice for climate journals to suppress data that is inconvenient to the leftist narrative.

MontereyJack wrote:
from which OPINION you refuse to accept the mountains oi independently researched FACT that show climate change is real.

It's a bit of a stretch to say that cherry-picked data represents facts.

Setanta

4  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:16 pm
@oralloy,
You take a single example--which would not have come to your attention if the integrity of scientists did not assure that such things are condemned--and from that extrapolate that all climate publications are suspect. You're the one that does the "cherry-picking." You don't have nearly enough information to judge this, and you are attempting to politicize something because of lick-spittle admiration for the fat boy in the White House. When you use terms such as "socialist," and tropes such as "rolling blackouts," you show that you not only know nothing about the topic, but that you are either a shill for the energy industry, of dupe of the energy industry. Do you have shares of energy industry securities? Is that why you puke up reactionary propaganda, rather than adding anything intelligent and informed to the discussion?
MontereyJack

2  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 10:16 pm
@Setanta,
precisely

Setanta

2  
Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 10:20 pm
I won't engage with that member any longer--he's just trashing the thread because of his addiction to reactionary polemic. I suggest that others ignore him as well.