Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 12:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
That fact I could be labeled as "incorrect and tainted" for merely insisting on unbiased data is exactly why global warming science is a fraud.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 12:53 pm
@oralloy,
You don't insist on unbiased data. You insis on data that supports your political and ideological viewpoint, which, since all the actual researched verifiable science contradicts your viewpoint, you're never going to get.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 12:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
You cannot provide any examples of me ever doing such a thing.

Progressives are the only ones here who have been busted for censoring data that does not conform to their ideology.

Your claims about what actual science shows fails on the fact that no one is being allowed to publish real science on the issue.
livinglava

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 12:57 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Then you are wrong to apply the term to hardworking scientists who are only trying to report the truth.

Now you're even denying the denialism behind it?

livinglava wrote:
Why do these facts seem less than 'hard' or 'provable' to you?

You're not responding to what I posted. You don't have any basic understanding of how the planet and its energy works.

Quote:
livinglava wrote:
What other theories are you considering to be provable by fact?

All theories can be tested by experimentation and observation.

I asked you what other theory you have to explain the relationship between atmospheric carbon, the biosphere of living ecosystems, and the buildup of fossil fuels from accrued biological sediments over time?

Quote:
livinglava wrote:
how do YOU think the climate works except by taking carbon out of the air and putting it into living things, which gradually turn into energy-rich sediments?

I don't worry much about how it works. If any real science is ever allowed to be done on the issue, then I'll look at what the conclusions are.

There is 'real science,' which is also real basic. You don't understand anything about energy and ecosystems, but yet you think you can complain about 'real science' being ignored.

The 'real science' you are ignoring is not climate science but just the most basic principles you were supposed to learn in middle school and high school.

You are just arguing about science without knowing anything about it because you have certain political beliefs that you assume apply.

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 01:01 pm
@oralloy,
the usual falsehood.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 01:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
Your inability to point out anything untrue in my posts is evidence that everything that I say is true.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 01:07 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

It is wrong to mislabel people as deniers for merely trying to publish facts.

livinglava wrote:
I asked you what other theory you have to explain the relationship between atmospheric carbon, the biosphere of living ecosystems, and the buildup of fossil fuels from accrued biological sediments over time?

I don't have any theories about that issue.

livinglava wrote:
You don't understand anything about energy and ecosystems, but yet you think you can complain about 'real science' being ignored.

Correct.

livinglava wrote:
You are just arguing about science without knowing anything about it because you have certain political beliefs that you assume apply.

Incorrect. It is exactly the opposite of what you said.

It is the progressives who are trying to impose their political beliefs on science.
livinglava

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 01:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

livinglava wrote:

It is wrong to mislabel people as deniers for merely trying to publish facts.

Is it wrong to recognize the motivations and intent behind certain publications?

People lie about 'merely trying to publish facts,' when they are actually motivated politically, the same as some people are just motivated by politics or academic agendas in publishing support for climate change.

Regardless of some people's motives, the goal should be to gain at least an understanding of the basic relationship between energy and carbon in generating a biosphere of ecosystems and the fossil fuels that form from their sediments.

Quote:
livinglava wrote:

I don't have any theories about that issue.

You say, 'that issue,' like I am talking about some small issue and not the entire living surface of the planet! Do you live on Earth or in a space station somewhere?

Quote:
livinglava wrote:
You don't understand anything about energy and ecosystems, but yet you think you can complain about 'real science' being ignored.

Correct.

Then you need to sit down and learn how energy works, how living things that make up ecosystems are made up of carbon, how energy from the sun is taken up by those organisms and ecosystems, and how their dropping sediment over time to build up as fossil fuels.

Once you understand the basics, you may have reason to debate about climate, but until then you just have no idea what you're talking about. All you probably know is that you like industrial economics and consumerisms and you are afraid it is being threatened by climate science politics. That is no basis for arguing about science.

Quote:
livinglava wrote:

Incorrect. It is exactly the opposite of what you said.

It is the progressives who are trying to impose their political beliefs on science.

People on every side of the issue do that. It is wrong regardless of which side you are on.

I wasn't saying anything about your side, though. I was talking about you specifically. You as an individual lack a scientific perspective, yet you want to argue about the politics of science. To do that, you need to have some understanding of basic science.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 02:06 pm
@oralloy,
Your inability to post anything that even hints at the truth is evident every time you post this drivel.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 04:06 pm
@RABEL222,
You cannot provide any examples of me posting untruthful statements.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 04:48 pm
@oralloy,
I can. Ive caught you in about 3 last week alone. I just dont care to play your onanistic game of "Me Me Me-see Me".
Id just say go **** yerself if you think people give a **** about the history of yer posts. Theres waay more interesting stuff herein. I find you kinda laughable, so when you say stupid stuff, you deserve being told in solid terms.
hightor

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 04:58 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Your inability to point out anything untrue in my posts is evidence that everything that I say is true.

There might be another interpretation, oralloy. It's possible that your posts consist of hypotheses which are not falsifiable.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 05:54 pm
@hightor,
Even if that were the case, these people would still be making an untrue claim when they say I am wrong.

And I would still be entirely correct to point out that they are in error to say that I am wrong.

But while not every post of mine contains a factual claim, plenty of my posts do.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 05:58 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I can.

No you can't.

farmerman wrote:
Ive caught you in about 3 last week alone.

You cannot provide any examples of this.

farmerman wrote:
I just dont care to play your onanistic game of "Me Me Me-see Me".

No. It's because you are all talk. You cannot back up your empty talk by linking to the posts in question.

farmerman wrote:
Id just say go **** yerself if you think people give a **** about the history of yer posts. Theres waay more interesting stuff herein.

Your childish name-calling is a pretty poor attempt to hide the fact that you cannot back up any of your claims about me.

farmerman wrote:
I find you kinda laughable, so when you say stupid stuff, you deserve being told in solid terms.

You cannot provide any examples of me saying stupid stuff.
livinglava

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 07:19 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Even if that were the case, these people would still be making an untrue claim when they say I am wrong.

And I would still be entirely correct to point out that they are in error to say that I am wrong.

But while not every post of mine contains a factual claim, plenty of my posts do.

Think of it this way: if journals were rejecting articles containing data supporting climate change theory, there would be people online doing what you are doing, only the other way around. They would be saying that the journals are biased and that they should publish dissenting views.

If there were people saying that, would that make any difference to your view that the climate is stable and not changing?

What is needed is substantial discussion of why/how climate works, not discussion about the politics of journalistic bias for or against a certain theory of climate.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 09:59 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
Think of it this way: if journals were rejecting articles containing data supporting climate change theory, there would be people online doing what you are doing, only the other way around. They would be saying that the journals are biased and that they should publish dissenting views.

They would be right to complain.

livinglava wrote:
If there were people saying that, would that make any difference to your view that the climate is stable and not changing?

I have not expressed such a view and do not hold such a view.

For the record, I don't hold any view at all on this issue besides the view that we should not trust the claims of bogus science.

livinglava wrote:
What is needed is substantial discussion of why/how climate works, not discussion about the politics of journalistic bias for or against a certain theory of climate.

What we need are reliable facts based on sound science.

Unfortunately we are not going to get that. But that doesn't mean we should trust the bogus claims of the climate hucksters.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 10:00 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
Is it wrong to recognize the motivations and intent behind certain publications?

When the supposed recognition is a false accusation, then yes, it is wrong.

livinglava wrote:
People lie about 'merely trying to publish facts,' when they are actually motivated politically, the same as some people are just motivated by politics or academic agendas in publishing support for climate change.

There is no reason to think that the scientists whose data is being suppressed have any motivation other than good science.

livinglava wrote:
Regardless of some people's motives, the goal should be to gain at least an understanding of the basic relationship between energy and carbon in generating a biosphere of ecosystems and the fossil fuels that form from their sediments.

Not possible without good data.

livinglava wrote:
Then you need to sit down and learn how energy works, how living things that make up ecosystems are made up of carbon, how energy from the sun is taken up by those organisms and ecosystems, and how their dropping sediment over time to build up as fossil fuels.

I perceive no such need.

livinglava wrote:
Once you understand the basics, you may have reason to debate about climate, but until then you just have no idea what you're talking about.

That is incorrect. My point about bad data is well grounded in fact.

livinglava wrote:
All you probably know is that you like industrial economics and consumerisms and you are afraid it is being threatened by climate science politics.

I know that climate change journals are suppressing data and skewing the results.

livinglava wrote:
People on every side of the issue do that. It is wrong regardless of which side you are on.

It is indeed wrong.

livinglava wrote:
I wasn't saying anything about your side, though. I was talking about you specifically. You as an individual lack a scientific perspective, yet you want to argue about the politics of science.

All I want to do is disregard unreliable data.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 05:34 am
@oralloy,
In other words, you want to ignore everything that does not support your ideological bias. And unfortunately the mountains of accurate data do not support your ideological bias.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 05:38 am
@oralloy,
pretty much any of your posts proves farmer is right
Olivier5

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2020 09:41 am
I posted about the "insect apocalypse" a few weeks ago. The Intercept has published an in-depth piece which I am still reading:

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/18/bees-insecticides-pesticides-neonicotinoids-bayer-monsanto-syngenta/

A lot in there about the increasing sophistication with which large companies influence science and policy to protect their interests.