Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 08:49 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
If you were any dummer, fuckwit, you wouldnt know how to breathe. Read it yourself !!
Quote:
..record the minimum and maximum temperature for each day; calculate the average of the minimum and maximum.
If you knew how to calculate an average you would know they have done nothing of a sort. They have calculated a midpoint. Show me how that is an average temperature for the day ?? Honestly, you should be able to qualify for a pension on the grounds of mental disability. Gees, what a fuckwit !
Laughing Laughing Laughing
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 08:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
But Ionus has been arguing that the average isn't really the average Cyclo.

Of course he doesn't realize that "average" is the same as the midpoint..

What Ionus is trying to argue is that curve of warming and cooling during the day doesn't average exactly the same as the average of high/low. In fact Ionus argued that you can't determine if warming is occurring by simply looking at the high/low. I pointed out that I could determine it was warmer on a summer day with high/low of say 25/16 vs a winter day high/low of -4/-12. This caused Ionus to call me all sort of names will never admitting that the summer day MUST be warmer.

Which leads us back to what he thinks was a clever argument. He thinks that he can avoid the statistics that would show him wrong and no one will notice.

Yes, 2 given days with high/low averages that are equal may not have the same average with temperatures taken once per hour, but it ignores the fact that temperature is a result of energy being put into the system somewhere. The earth's atmosphere is constantly moving so energy moves from one part to another. However, the amount of energy put out by the sun is fairly constant. That means the total energy available is fairly constant.
Yes, one part of the world may record more temperature than would be possible from the energy received in that area. But in order for that the energy has to come from another part of the globe.

That means that averaging every part of the earth will result in a fairly accurate TOTAL reading using only the high/lows. It's simple physics. There is no secret source of energy. There is no secret heat sink. The earth doesn't change enough to make his argument statistically significant. He is throwing **** in the air and hoping no one notices how much it stinks. He is making the same argument that okie is trying to make, that errors compound when in reality enough readings cause them to become insignificant.
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 08:57 pm
@Ionus,
So, now you don't find the average of the minimum and maximum by adding them together and dividing by 2?

Where do you learn that one Ionus? Because whoever told you that was wrong. Since the ancient Greeks, we have calculated average in the same way. A way you now want to tell us is wrong.

Quote:
calculate the average of the minimum and maximum.

I highlighted the word in the sentence you just claimed they did nothing of the sort. Your site claims they calculated the average. Your site uses the word "average". I think we can all read that word but you.
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 08:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:
The energy from the core provides less temperature increase than the .8 degree warming we have seen in the last 100 years. One source listed global warming as 200 times what the core provides. I haven't checked it with other sources.
I dont think it surprises anyone that you only check Global Warming references. You dont seem to understand the physics involved. If the core was not hot, it would absorb heat. I agree the amount of warming it contributes is minimal, but it should be included for the sake of thoroughness.
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:04 pm
@parados,
Quote:
When you take samples of high/low for the entire earth it will reflect the total energy received per day even though individual areas will not represent the average.
Ok, now think about it. You need to total all the average temperatures for the entire earth. Not the average temp derived from monthly trending derived from daily mid points for some land based stations and not the ocean.
You also need to include proper mathematical moddeling, not just telling the computer to make it hotter whilst leaving out the effect of dust.
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:05 pm
@Ionus,
And where would the core lose heat to once it had absorbed it?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:07 pm
@parados,
Oh, pardon me parody, I thought you were seriously calculating the amount of heat by a measure of average temp on a daily basis. You know they have found the mid point temp for the day and not the average. By hiding behind a pretense of ignorance you do harm to your cause. So please, carry on...
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:08 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Ok, now think about it. You need to total all the average temperatures for the entire earth. Not the average temp derived from monthly trending derived from daily mid points for some land based stations and not the ocean.

Are you saying GISS and HADCRUT don't use any ocean readings? Are you REALLY saying that?
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:09 pm
@Ionus,
LOL. sure.. and you avoid the statistical corrections that eliminate your argument.
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:11 pm
@parados,
Quote:
This caused Ionus to call me all sort of names
Have you reformed ? No more name calling from you then ? You have the moral high ground, do you ?

If you are relying on me to admit that a summer day is warmer, ok, a summer day is warmer. It is warmer because the day has more heat in it, not because you cant calculate an average temp.
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:12 pm
@parados,
Would these statistical corrections be by the same people now held in disrepute for their lack of scientific professionalism ?
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:13 pm
@parados,
Are you saying it is done to a high scientific standard or it is just an attempt to make it look better than bloody awful science ?
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:14 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
When you take samples of high/low for the entire earth it will reflect the total energy received per day even though individual areas will not represent the average.
You also need to include proper mathematical moddeling, not just telling the computer to make it hotter whilst leaving out the effect of dust.

So.. could you please point out the errors in the current mathematical modeling? Perhaps you could provide us with the correct mathematical modeling since your capable of knowing what is proper compared to what they do use.
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:15 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
This caused Ionus to call me all sort of names
Have you reformed ? No more name calling from you then ? You have the moral high ground, do you ?

If you are relying on me to admit that a summer day is warmer, ok, a summer day is warmer. It is warmer because the day has more heat in it, not because you cant calculate an average temp.

Yes, and I can tell there is more heat by using the average of the maximum and minimum. It is a rather easy calculation, don't you think?
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:15 pm
@parados,
You have responded to this when it was done by others, parody, what makes you hold me in such high asteem that you will only believe it if I tell you ?
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:16 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Would these statistical corrections be by the same people now held in disrepute for their lack of scientific professionalism ?

I have no idea who you are talking about?

Are you talking about the scientists that you have always held in disrepute in spite of their scientific professionalism?
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:17 pm
@parados,
Only when applied to extremes like summer and winter. It will not work for calculating a slight increase in the earth's temp.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:17 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Are you saying it is done to a high scientific standard or it is just an attempt to make it look better than bloody awful science ?

Since you are such a great scientist, present us with your work that clearly disputes their published papers. I look forward to reading it.

Of course, you can't do anything other than throw out vague comments on how bad their work is while never actually presenting anything that resembles a valid scientific criticism.
parados

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:19 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

You have responded to this when it was done by others, parody, what makes you hold me in such high asteem that you will only believe it if I tell you ?

Are you really trying to claim that ican's math was correct?

A third grader could point out his errors.
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:19 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I have no idea who you are talking about?
I am certain you do. But you have pleaded ignorance before. This is a child like reaction. Freeze and it will go away.
Quote:
Are you talking about the scientists that you have always held in disrepute in spite of their scientific professionalism?
read any e-mails lately ?