kickycan

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 10:50 pm
Thanks, Soz. I stink. Luckily that doesn't bother me too much.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 11:32 pm
I was an embarassment when I played Joe - lowest score ever maybe...... mutter mutter mutter.

And, kicky doesn't stink, he almost won a game against me tonight. Kicky, you've gotten loads better at the game.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 11:34 pm
ok, bed now.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 04:52 am
Quote:
I was an embarassment when I played Joe - lowest score ever maybe...... mutter mutter mutter.

That was a very strange game... at one I had V Y Y D P Z L and K had all vowels.....or so she said.

Okay and here's a tip: when playing her, do not put a tile down on the board anywhere near a triple, even if you are sure she has all vowels.

I was so glad they let me play HON.

Joe (Don't call me Hon, call me Honey.) Nation
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 07:16 am
Oh you don't stink at all, Kicky. You were really close to beating littlek, and she's good.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 10:32 am
i still haven't played kicky, and i changed all my settings for him

harrumph
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:57 pm
ehBeth! Yeah, we should play sometime soon. Maybe it will be the lucky day when I actually win one!

I think I'm better on a real board with no timer.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 05:11 pm
Even real board playing should be timed. Some turns can go on way too long..... But, not per game, maybe per play. Like 3 minutes per turn tops.

Soz, I am not really good! Really good players are ranked over 1000, imo.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 05:26 pm
We play Scrabble on vacation. No timer. You can read a book between turns. Some games last over a hour and a half, but there is usually some good wine and something to nosh on, so...... zzzzzzzzzz,.. Oh, is it my turn?? Is it still Thursday??

Joe (Xi Xu Exit) Nation
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 05:37 pm
we play as well, i think we had games that ran more than 1.5 hours. wine is key for those games.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:07 pm
Now THAT'S the way Scrabble should be played!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:11 pm
it works out best when it's played in a comfy setting.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:14 pm
Anyone want to play? I have maybe an hour or an hour and a half before I settle down to watch a movie......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 07:02 pm
played gus... he's good. I imagine it would be frustrating to be bumped off every 5 seconds.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 08:22 pm
Ok, I told people I'd play them later tonight.... I'm off to grab a beer with Dagmar. I'll be back to play later.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 01:35 pm
Hey! What happened to you, littlek? I waited and waited and waited...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 04:05 pm
She met some guy at the bar, kicky. A professional scrabble player with the tattoo "Triple Word" emblazoned across his massive chest.

They chewed some qat as they discussed scrabble and the time just got away from her.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 04:40 pm
Sorry, Kicky, we closed casablanca and then stayed here chatting until almost three. I was still wasted when I went to bed.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 05:55 pm
I finally got to play ehBeth last night.....it was so nice to actually get to "talk" to her. It was after the phone call from my sister..so I wasn't thinking right. But..its so relaxing to play...takes your mind off of things..........AWWWWW

Of course...she beat ME!! LOL, but it was a blast!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 07:50 pm
Raw meat out there, everyone! Poorpuppy is just a-laying there, ready to be taken. What is the proper protocal, yall? I'm reluctant to challenge one of you wizards out of fear of boring you.
Conversely, few players choose me because they don't want to appear to be scoring cheap victories.
0 Replies