Third Parties

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:00 pm
I am trying to find out how many people here support a third party. If you do please post what party.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 530 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:22 pm
I am an independent. In the last two elections I voted for Nader. (Before that I voted for Clinton twice.)

I want my vote to mean something. This means that any party who wants my vote must earn it by representing my positions.

I will support a candidate and I will support a position, but I don't support any party.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:29 pm
I voted Perot, Perot, Nader Bush repectively.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:39 pm
Two parties are quite enough to provide the necessary balance required to prevent a single party from becoming excessive. I'd like to see the Federalists reborn, but that would only split the Republican ticket. We don't need to that, in time the Democrats will recover their wits and again be a fine opposition party. I'd like to see a return to the fundamental principles of the Founders, the politics of Jefferson, Jackson, LBJ, and Jefferson Clinton. The Constitution provided for a strong central government structurally balancing the People's and State's representatives, with an Executive branch enpowered to conduct the nation's business, and the Judicial branch to ensure that the Constitutional guarantees are upheld.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:26 pm
I happen to find to some of the policies of the libertarian party quite interesting as well as some from the Constitution party.

If either one of them could come up with a strong contender then I would vote for them. Until that happens I will support the Republican Party.
0 Replies

rameses594

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:46 pm
I too find the Constitution Party interesting, I have come to support it. You said you would if it gained more influence basically, but if you don't start supporting it now, then it won't start to gain more.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:53 pm
While that is true, I don't want to be stuck with another Bill Clinton. That is what happened when I voted for Perot.
0 Replies

rameses594

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:03 pm
Well I can definatly understand not wanting another Bill Clinton, but the quickest way to get those who deserve to be elected into office is to be part of the change, and not a follower when it comes along. I mean if you support a third party and talk to all the people you know about the that party, then you can probably get some on board with you and the more you do then the chances are better.
0 Replies