THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

dadpad

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:59 am
I am sooo gonna love it when the saints beat the pies.

Couldnt happen to a better team.

Dutchy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:08 am
@dadpad,
You will eat your words dadpad. (and I will remind you!!! next Saturday) Collinwood will swamp St.Kilda just as they did Geelong. Mick Malthouse boys will be the toast of the town come Saturday night.
Go the Pies, you beauties!
msolga

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:18 am
@Dutchy,
Yes! You are oh so right, Dutchy!
I always knew you were an excellent judge of such things! Very Happy

(apart from last Friday night! Wink )
Dutchy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:44 am
@msolga,
Thank you msolga I knew you would back my judgement. I'll make another bold prediction, Chris Judd for the Brownlow Medal! Smile
msolga

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:47 am
@Dutchy,
I'm completely stumped there, Dutchy.
You might be right, or you might be wrong! Wink
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 06:42 am
If it was up to me I"d give it to Jim Stynes again.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:43 pm
I like skinny vanilla lattes. Go Saints!

Eddie Maguire working class? Pfft.

Olgs on the rugby thing - You'll like this quote about scrums 'One man trying to push two men's heads up three men's bums'.

I fear that, like 11 dimensional string theory, I could never explain it to you because I don't really understand it myself.
hingehead

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:45 pm
@hingehead,
I also like Saints because I like Adam Schneider (ex swans) and because I wouldn't liked to get lynched by the Espy crowd at RockWiz - should I ever get there...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:07 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
One man trying to push two men's heads up three men's bums'.

Haha, that describes it perfectly, hinge! Laughing
So Rugby League is a sort of non-stop scrum? (Just learned a new word. I must use it often! Wink )
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:08 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

..... bring Rugby in as an excuse, that game is unknown in the civilised Southern States! Smile

<coughs>

shame, shame on you BEAgle... shame I tell you.... walk the plank boyo Razz

msolga wrote:

I figure you must be pretending. The players seem to spend most of their time with their heads together in tight little circles (planning strategies?)... then, when the ball finally gets out on the field, everyone falls on it at once. What's the excitement in that, I ask you? Wink

ah sheesh Shelia... errrrrrr. MzOlga, you'd need to ask the hooker!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_positions#2._Hooker

it is a fantastic game - ooooooooooooh... can't begin to describe the excitement watching the game - tremendous skill, power and strength and on the whole, good sportsmanship - gentlemanly - tho on the pict can be quite hard to watch at times - brutes... BRUTES... and lots of cauliflower ears!

Huge dedicated fan of the Union. LOVE IT!

Jonny... oh my Jonny <sigh>

and Joost van der Westhuizen (SA) <sighs again> - tho he went a little errrrrrr.... off the rails when he stopped playing!

not so keen on my little fella playing these days - he needs a little beef on him - nasty accident at the weekend with his pal ambulanced out to hospital and some broken ribs for another mate. S-boy wanted to go in from the sideline and pummel for his mates - I think I have that delight of cringing and looking through my hands this weekend if he's able to play. Ooof Shocked

Seriously tho... MAHHHHHHHVELLOUS GAME DARLIN' - uber cool Very Happy

(oh, we're Union (15 men) , not League (13 men)
msolga

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:09 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
I like skinny vanilla lattes. Go Saints!

Class traitor! Evil or Very Mad
djjd62

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:22 pm
Film Director Kevin Smith, on the Opie & Anthony Show from New York this morning, describing Australians after his recent visit

"They're like Canadians, except they have sex"

Shocked

Dutchy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:37 pm
@msolga,
msolga I would have thought a comment about my judgement in picking the Brownlow Medal would rate a mention this morning. Laughing Did I stun you into silence with my accurate prediction?

Izzie darling, you can't convert us southerners to Rugby, all you gals are interested in is beefy blokes. Come and have a look at our bronzed Aussie footballer athletes, they swipe you of your feet. Wink
msolga

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:47 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
Film Director Kevin Smith, on the Opie & Anthony Show from New York this morning, describing Australians after his recent visit

Shocked

You know, djjd, I've always felt that Australians & Canadians are very much alike. That's probably why i have such a soft spot for Canadians. You're sort of like close relatives of ours! Smile

And of course, there's that Queen we share!

Quote:

Haha. Well Canadians can't have everything, can they? Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:56 pm
@Dutchy,
Quote:
msolga I would have thought a comment about my judgement in picking the Brownlow Medal would rate a mention this morning.

Well I'm surprised it didn't a receive a mention last night, Dutchy!
OK, I'll say it now: That was an AMAZING prediction, Dutchy! You are so ON THE BALL about these things! Why the Footy Show hasn't snapped you up, already,beats me! Smile

So what was your choice for the frock of the night? Such a dazzling array, I couldn't choose. Wink
Dutchy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 07:58 pm
@msolga,
Good morning msolga, I didn't see the count, wasn't live here and that takes the fun away for me! I don't think Channel 10 gives one hoot about other States. The only dress I saw, if you call it a dress, was Mrs. Edelsten revealing outfit, so I'm sorry I can't give you the winner of the frock award.

Sam Newman is a good friend of mine and has asked me to appear on the Footie Show in the past but I've declined the invitation, one smart Aleck (Sam) on the Show is enough. Laughing
dadpad

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 02:17 am
I do love a game of rucking good fugby.

I may well be in trouble with my prediction of a St Kilda win.
The octopus at Melbourne Aquarium picked collingwood. As you know, Octopi never lie.
msolga

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 02:20 am
@dadpad,
Quote:
As you know, Octopi never lie.

I do, indeed, dadpad.
The octopus is always correct! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 02:28 am
@Dutchy,
Quote:
The only dress I saw, if you call it a dress, was Mrs. Edelsten revealing outfit ...

The other frocks were very similar in style, Dutchy.
I must say, the footy wives & girlfriends were very brave, say nothing of extremely inventive! Overcoming the severe fabric shortage in Melbourne posed severe stylistic challenges, but they rose to the occasion like real troupers, anyway! Very Happy
Dutchy

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 05:14 am
@msolga,
I thought I include some photo's about the most talked about girl last night.
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6665/brynee.jpg
Brynne Edelsten Brownlow presentation 2009

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5034/edelsten.jpg
Brynne Brownlow presentation 2010. As you can see her greatest asset her hair hasn't changed one bit. Wink