I have a crush. Should I reach out to him and how should I do it?

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 01:56 pm
There is this banker that stares at me a lot when I go to the bank.
Although I've spoken to him years ago when I was getting an account at the bank; his face kinda looks familiar...like I known him all my life.
I can even tell when he's standing behind me; talking to other customers from his voice.
I developed a little crush when he started staring at me sometimes but it wasn't a serious crush...something I forget when I get back home.
What broke the camel's back was that I saw him again at a food bar in my neighborhood...I began to think this was God speaking and that he's my soul mate. Silly!
The little crush turned to this huge fountain that i can't seem to shake off my head. I begun asking myself questions; whether he lives in my neighbourhood, is he married, dating, does he like me or just like how I felt that his face looked familiar; he also feels he knows me somewhere.
I couldn't say even hello or Hi when I saw him at the food bar cos I was surprised, nervous and more other things. I just stared him up and brought my gaze down as I quickly passed by. He looked in my direction too.
So the serious crush developed after that day and I finally decided to gather up courage and say Hello or Hi if I meet him. I 've been going to the food barthe same time we met like everyday...even when I didn't feel like eating food there:( but no sign of him.
Since I've not been seeing him; i decided that maybe i've taken things too far. If he also liked me he would be at the food bar trying to see me too.
I decided to forget but I couldn't...so I contacted facebook with my problem.
I know right...You'll all say I'm a big stalker:(. Through facebook I even found his name and to my big surprise; he's the brother of an elementary collegue of mine. We were not close though but friends on facebook.
Also, It was true he lived in my neighborhood. I guess that is why his face looked familiar. His facebook relationship status also said he's single.

To cut a long story short; I did not add my crush on facebook till now. But for weeks not I have not seen him around in my neighborhood. Now I don't even know if I should reach out first. Also, I'm not even seeing him and I cant go to the bank cos I have no business there. Should I send a friend request? Won't that make me look like desperate and stalky? Also do think he likes me or just thinks he knows me somewhere? i need help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,036 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 02:13 pm
@slinky55,
You're already looking desperate and stalky, sorry.

People who work with the public are paid to be nice. It is their job to smile and make eye contact. I'm sure this guy makes eye contact with all of his customers.

Hanging around a place you don't want to be at, on the off-chance you might glimpse him? Yeah, really desperate and stalky. The Facebook thing? Same.

So what to do?

If you want to go to the bank, you can always go and ask them to manually check your balance or reset your card, claiming you forgot your PIN.

I doubt that'll do anything, but there is nothing stopping you from doing something like that.

As for the rest of it, like a lot of people with crushes, you're using a magnifying glass on it. A really, really big magnifying glass.

You're trying to interpret signs and symbols and you've gone overboard.

So instead get out and talk to people. Male and people, young and old, married and single. In short, be sociable. Have a life - a pleasant, fun, and changeable life - and either you'll meet someone else or you'll be so occupied you'll be able to see this crush in the proper perspective.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2018 08:24 am
You already have a link to him - the brother. I'd connect with him and mention that you saw a guy at the bank with the same last name and wondered if he was related.

0 Replies