Anyone move from Aus to US recently?

USBound

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:47 am
Hi All,

Just wanting to know if there are any Aussies out there who have made the move to the US? Wanting to know how you made out with the differences in healthcare, culture (we both speak english, but for some reason it ain't the same) etc etc.

Am considering a move to the US (east coast, mid-atlantic) but am feeling a bit dicey about the whole healthcare, annual leave , sick leave bits.

S Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 998 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Persephone

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 04:08 pm
I wonder why the move? I know someone who is moving TO Australia later this year, though not from the States. She and her family are most excited! It's making me rather curious to see your country myself.
0 Replies

USBound

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 06:50 am
Why not go to the US? We have found most people we've met there at least as friendly as in Aus., and strangely in DC, even friendlier (Hi to the 'Time' advertising exec who helped us out in the street on a Sunday!) While there's a (some say long) list of things wrong with the US, there's a lot of great things there also. We've basically come to the realisation that there's bad things, and good, everywhere. You've just got to pick the compromise/s you're willing to live with. For us, the US offers more than here.
0 Replies

Xavier

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:24 am
Life in Australia is nicer and of better quality than in the USA.
Regards.
Xavier
0 Replies