Another picture you won't see in the liberal media.

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:38 pm
Proof that maybe the conservative were right after all...

http://studentweb.tulane.edu/~wpilger/ps_flowers.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 914 • Replies: 19
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:06 pm
Mr Brown, you do seem to be stepping out of your usual logical posts.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:56 am
Sorry, I was in a bit of a bad mood yesterday.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:10 am
I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have. But I laughed out loud when I saw this.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:57 am
Can we say Photoshop?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:15 am
Bad Photoshop at that.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:36 am
I think it's obvious that ebrown_p was praising the liberal media, not criticizing them. After all, he said that this is "another picture you won't see in the liberal media." Since the photo is obviously a fake, it would be extremely careless and irresponsible of any media organization to run the photo. Pointing out that the liberal media wouldn't show such a blatantly doctored photo, then, is to compliment them for high standards of journalistic ethics and integrity. Indeed, by singling out the liberal media for praise, ebrown_p is implicitly criticizing the conservative media, which presumably would show such a bogus photo.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:19 am
Thank you FreeDuck.

With the rest of these responses, I feel a bit like Dan Rather. I posted because thought it was ironic in a mildly amusing sort of way. That's all.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:23 am
I didn't post because I thought none was needed
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:32 am
On the other hand, there is a photograph (sorry, I don't know how to copy into this post) of a statue that stands outside the 4ID headquarters in Baghdad. The bronze statue depicts a U.S. soldier on one knee before a pair of empty boots, a helmet and dog-tags hanging from an upright rifle. Next to the kneeling soldier, stands a small Iraqi girl extending her hand to his shoulder in sympathy, and with grief.

The statue was created as a gift of appreciation by Iraqi sculpture Kalat. Kalat was the regime artist forced to make countless statues and busts of Saddam Hussein. Kalat is only one of the many Iraqi's who are thankful for being delivered from the brutality of Stalin wannabe Saddam. Kalat, on his own, collected a number of his old statues and melted them down to obtain the bronze for this his favorite art work. He gave it to the 4th and they will at the end of their tour give it a place of honor at their garrison in Fort Hood, Texas.

The photograph isn't nearly so dramatic as a bomb blast set off by terrorists trying to intimidate Iraqi citizens. It isn't of masked men determined to prevent the oppressed Iraqi's from having the liberty to express themselves freely, or to choose their own government. It isn't a photo of a foreign aid worker being beheaded on television because they were working to help make life better in a difficult situation, or lines of Iraqi soldiers/police/politicians executed because they dared to try to bring democracy to their unhappy people.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
http://www.truthorfiction.com/images/FILE31168.JPG
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:42 am
Asherman, you mean this one?

http://kattyc.free.fr/images/kalat.jpg
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:51 am
Well, I thoght the picture was funny...I took it's exact meaning.....photographic sarcasm....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:54 am
Thanks for the balance asherman
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:57 am
I find the statue beautiful and very very sad...it conveys the sense of uselessness, loss and waste that are the defining characteristics of this war...an amoral bastard is invaded by another amoral bastard...neither of whom are capable of reacting on a human level....and the price is paid by the dead comrade, the ordinary citizen turned soldier and the innocent young girl forced to witness horrors when she should be outside playing......and one amoral bastard is no more or less guilty than the other.........
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:03 am
Thanks for the balance Care-Bear
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:24 pm
Asherman,

The statue in the photo you posted was not a "gift of gratitude" by an Iraqi. According to Snopes, it was designed and paid for by members if ths U.S. Army.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/kalat.asp

You should check your facts. This thread is supposed to be about Journalistic integrity.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:29 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
This thread is supposed to be about Journalistic integrity.

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:54 pm
McG displays the sentiments he harbors re: "Journalistic integrity", thusly:
" Laughing Laughing ".

"How Amusing!"

As if Journalistic Integrity should be taken so lightly(?!)

Transiting from Journalistic Integrity to Artistic Integrity; So-o-o... Iraq's premier PropagandArtist (Kalat) cranked it out pretty quickly... plenty of scrap to work with.
Credit Kalat with intuitively and successfully negotiating Regime Change... ("always pander to the dominant faction").

In an aesthetic sidebar: Note the size of the Little Waif figure's head relative to her emaciated little legs... what little I could see of the Rifle and boots appeared to be very realistic (cast from Life?), but the Kneeling Grieving figure and the Little Waif figure are not as faithful to scale and detail. The draping of the Waif's skirt was executed rather clumsily.

"Outside 4ID Headquarters" appears to be rather Grand, eh?
Marble floors and inlays, vaulted arches... and Statuary.

How Roman!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:05 pm
Magus wrote:
McG displays the sentiments he harbors re: "Journalistic integrity", thusly:
" Laughing Laughing ".

"How Amusing!"

As if Journalistic Integrity should be taken so lightly(?!)

Watch, I will display my sentiments towards your post now...

Laughing Rolling Eyes
0 Replies