Ya-ya gets her first haircut. (w/ pictures)

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:45 pm
My First Haircut!

Tuesday was a big day for me, because I got my first haircut! Daddy even took off a little time from work to offer moral support. I've been with my mommy to see Miss Denise before, but I never really knew why her hair looked different when she got out of that big chair. This time, I was really surprised (and kind of scared) when mommy put me in that chair! Uh-oh!

http://doodlebug.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/apprehensive.JPG

Miss Denise is always really nice to me, so I wasn't too scared after she and my parents talked to me for a minute and I realized she was just going to comb my hair the way my mommy does at home.

http://doodlebug.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/bang_trim.JPG

Plus, the cutting didn't really feel any different than the combing...

http://doodlebug.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/snip.JPG

After a short while, it was old hat and I was chillin' in the big chair. Miss Denise was only going to do my bangs, but I was fine with the whole thing, so she trimmed the rest of my hair a little, too, so that now the curls are much smoother.

http://doodlebug.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sitting_pretty.JPG

After it was all over, I got to have my snack in the stroller and watch all the comings and goings in the salon! Plus, now my hair doesn't fall down in my face even when I pull my clip out! This haircut stuff isn't so bad!

http://doodlebug.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/all_done_and_enjoying_snack.JPG
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,966 • Replies: 26
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 05:54 pm
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Too too cute. :-D
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:10 pm
Now, why would you want to do that to poor little ya-ya?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:27 pm
(but, dang she's cute!)
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:29 pm
sozobe wrote:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Too too cute. :-D

Ditto.
Oh, my! Look at the face...
When I see such cute babies like this one, I just want to squish them. hee hee...
I don't know... maybe it has something to do with their cheeks being so squishable. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:03 am
Yes, those cheeks in the second picture -- you just gotta pinch 'em. Gently.

I just love baby cheeks.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:06 am
Wow. She is a doll.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:53 am
She is a little cutie. Love the pouty lips and the little curls! But I can’t believe you already cut her hair? How old is she? She looks not quite 2. I didn’t cut my older girl’s hair until she was almost 4. It seems like such a hard thing to do. My other daughter is two and my husband is at me to cut her hair, but I am going to hold out as long as I can. Both girls were born with lots of hair too. The older one had tons of it including a nice long tail. It was so hard for me to cut that hair.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:07 pm
What a sweetie!!!

The first time my mom took me with her to get her hair cut, I screamed and cried something fierce...I thought they were hurting her, cutting pieces of her off....

I can't imagine how my mom felt then taking me in for my first hair cut...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:28 pm
She's 14 months. We didn't trim much, just evened things out a little and trimmed her bangs so that it stays out of her eyes.

Mama keeps a baby blog. Edit: Moderator: Link removed
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:30 pm
Just precious!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:54 pm
Fun blog drewdad!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:03 pm
That’s what my husband wants to do, especially to keep her hair out of her eyes. But it long enough to pull back with a hair tie so typically I just put her hair up in all sorts of cute doos. I don’t know why, but it seems so sad for me to cut their hair the first time. I guess I am just too sentimental.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:06 pm
Linkat - I think that is quite a natural reaction for mamas.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:11 pm
Also, if you cut the bangs now, it's bangs for a long time. Sozlet's hair is waist-length now (!) (will cut it soon I think), parted on the side, no bangs, and she's one of the only girls we know without bangs. The other girls think she has the best hair.

It was way awkward for a long time, though.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:33 pm
XZ ZZZZ X (mY NEPHEW cOLE (AGE 13 MONTHS) SAYS (oops, sorry about the caps) he thinks yaya's cute. He likes older women.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:37 pm
lol
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:03 pm
ohhhhh

beautiful

thanks drewdad!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 07:51 pm
I used to hate taking my son for haircuts. Every time he came out, he looked at least a year older, and I desperately wished I hadn't done it. I wanted him to look like my baby again. I think that stopped happening when he was about 8.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:01 pm
She is incredible.

I love the concentratrion -- so serious about her haircut.

Mo wanted scissors for Christmas and he got a pair of little kid scissors. The haircut..... ummmm..... took care of itself after that.

Self expression is a wonderful thing.
0 Replies