What should I do?

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:15 am
Hi there
Despite now having a new job, which is fantastic, I have a rather big problem with my previous employer.
Well, how I got the job was at the start of 2003, in my hometown of Reading. I decided to opt to join Superdrug, over about 5 other offers, as I was impressed with what they had to say. I wasn't dissapointed, but as my A-Levels were about to get underway, I decided I'd like to go to University in Liverpool or Nottingham.
However Reading's Superdrug told me they would like to, and will transfer me to another Superdrug.
Leaving Superdrug in Reading was always going to be a strain after the respect of my fellow employees I had built up. I decided to go to Nottingham, and in September 2004, left the Reading store.
I was instantly thrust into work at Nottingham, and did all I could to help the company, after all, higher positions and wages were, as the manager in Nottingham told me, up for grabs.
Well, one Friday, Michelle asked if I could work, and I worked around my lecture, running across the city to get to Superdrug.
However that day she pleaded me to do a day I couldn't do, because of exams. On the Saturday, she began tormenting me. She said I wasn't up to standard, which was utter rubbish and slagged off my old store to my face.
Then she scheduled me in more days I couldn't do, and threatened to "take it further" if I didn't attend. I didn't, and therefore, the situation spiralled out of control.
She decided not to pay me for any of my sick days, even though I had a valid doctors note.
I left Superdrug furios, and took the situation further myself. Head Office recieved my letter, but Nottingham's area manager seems to be siding with Michelle.
Who should I take this situation to next, and should I make legal procedings, which I dont want to do, as Superdrug in the past have been good to me, but I cant let Michelle win.
Any ideas would be much appriciated.
Craig
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 795 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Magus

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:17 pm
Craig, it's time for some research... you must do what you can to reveal an established pattern of abuse by the weaselwoman.
I suggest that you interview a few of the other people that the woman has sharpened her claws upon... just find out who else she fired previous to you and get their accounts of events that transpired.

Chances are you'll find more than enough fuel with which to heat things up.
0 Replies

Craig Kearsley

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 06:10 am
I have managed to get 8 hours of my entitled pay, but as thought Michelle had the area manager round her finger.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:01 am
Hi Craig.
I live in Wokingham near Reading.
I think it was stupid of Michelle to schedule you to work days that you couldnt work.It was almost like she was trying to make trouble.
She should understand that your education is important.
I can understand your frustration but it would seem silly to take things further if it gives you any finacial loss, even if it proves a point.
I hope Michelle loses her job.
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:15 pm
Hey guyz! Erm... well i have my first job interview since i left school on Monday, i was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to behave, what to say, how to present myself, et cetera! By the way i left school 4-5 years ago!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:42 pm
wales_rules--

Why not post your question as a New Topic rather than piggybacking on this one? You'll get a wider audience as a New Topic.

What sort of job have you applied for?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:53 pm
Re: What should I do?
Craig Kearsley wrote:
Who should I take this situation to next, and should I make legal procedings, which I dont want to do, as Superdrug in the past have been good to me, but I cant let Michelle win.
Any ideas would be much appriciated.
Craig

She "wins" if you allow this matter to torment you and diminish your happiness TODAY.

She's a toxic person. YOU WIN because you no longer have to put up with her. That alone is worth a few days pay! Smile

You're in a new job -- you enjoy it -- LIVE FOR TODAY.
0 Replies