And now, the workday forecast:

InjunKB

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 06:20 pm
Ever hear that on television or on the radio before work? And they always talk about the weather! Why don't they say, "And now for the WEATHER forecast?"

Here's the WORKDAY forecast:

There will be periods of supervisor ineptitute followed by group exercises in boredom and redundancy. Incompetence and apathy will be rampant.

There is also a high chance of customer incompetence. That is, they will order things they don't need, because they don't know what they need, and send back what they don't need, causing everyone involved triple work.

There is also a scattered chance of nepotism and the possibility of truancy.

There is a high possibility of management self importance and decision making based on incorrect information.

Other than that, have a nice day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,933 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 06:23 pm
InjunKB- Welcome to A2K.

Looks like you had a rotten one today! Why don't you take yourself to the Jokes Forum, and find yourself something to put a smile on your face! Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 06:31 pm
We have a high pressure ridge moving against a cold front. The extended outlook: windy with a chance of thunderstorms.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 06:51 pm
Hello, Injun! Pleased to meet you.
Hope tomorrow's better! Very Happy
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 12:05 am
Welcome to A2K InjunKB :-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 12:15 am
Hey, Injun!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 02:03 am
My forecast tomorrow is that my boss is gonna yell at me. I just found a typo in the point of sales sheet I had printed today at considerable cost. The POS is going to a sales conference announcing the beginning of sales to all our operating companies.

I'm in for a fun day tomorrow. ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 02:43 am
Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 07:00 pm
Welcome to a2k, injunKB. Looks like we share the same initials.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:29 pm
Well, I have just discovered that the evil demon, known as our director, is likely to be returning to make our lives hell after a blessed 18 months away in another state, from which he was never to return, we hoped. His wife remains happily in the job due to which they both left, but he was FIRED from his position over there - and we fear a return.

We are wondering if posting a horse's head from the local abbatoir would be too subtle - or possibly illegal.... We are too frightened to pay for a hit, because the movies, and my experience in the criminal justice system, tell us they always get messed up. Oh - and we believe it to be immoral and he has wee children to mess up too - we have it on good rumour, from sources in the Central Market, that he yells at them something horrible.

Would a packet of silver bullets, a crucifix, some garlic and a bloody stake left in his office be actionable?

We are considering asking the person above him if he is prepared to lose nearly the entire service - to resignation or stress leave - I guess it would make a bit of an impact if we all turned up at the occupational health and safety unit and applied for work-cover en masse! I am not kidding - he gave our team leader diagnosable post-traumatic stress disorder, and we all dissociated when we heard a return was possible. Then some wept. I am still in manic, merry denial.

I guess you could say stormy weather is predicted!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:31 pm
How did YOUR day turn out, InjunKB?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 04:09 am
Yipes, D. That all sounds horrible.

I think one of you needs to approach the "person above him" and ask if the rumor going around is true. If he or she confirms that they are even considering putting him back in charge, SAY NOTHING at that time, but call a meeting of anyone who would be affected by his return and ask the serious question: Who is willing to sign an agreement to leave if this person returns? That letter ought to go immediately to whoever is making the re-hire decision.

I think you already have grounds for a harassment lawsuit based on his previous activities and his most recent discharge. (esp. if he was fired for being abusive.) or you would if you were here in the USA.

All the horse's head stuff would work against you (as would the murder scenarios, I hasten to add), they would be considered threatening behavior, not unlike his.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 04:42 am
Joe! I was not so VERY much considering the horse's head - and the murder! They are tempting....but.....

Sadly, I think we will have to wait until he begins to loot and pillage again - but I will be talking to the Union and a couple of other bodies in preparation. Still seems simpler just, to....NO! BAD Deb!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 10:46 am
Deb, Deb, Deb. So angry. Such violent thoughts. Have you considered hiring somebody else to do the deed so you can be at peace?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 01:38 pm
Yes, of course. However, as I said above, such simple plans seem always to backfire in such as a way to demonstrate both karma and the true nature of the absurdity of life. Also, I do not believe that the use of tongs absolves us from either the act, or the heat of the ember!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 01:44 pm
If so, it is a poor analogy. The very purpose of tongs is to shield you from the heat of the ember, just as the purpose of thongs (plural) is to shield the soft pads of your feet from the scorching ground and stinging creatures and the purpose of thong (singular) is to shield the organo-volcanic crack from the grains of sand (which, of course, contain universes which can expand infinitely in the various cavities of the body and cause considerable discomfort and embarassment -- though being left bare-assed is already an effect of the thong (singular)).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 01:51 pm
Thou hast spoken sooth, master.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 04:29 pm
Aye, but at great length, and this is not a digress-shun...
0 Replies

Jesus Christ

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 03:23 pm
Fret not my children, your father in heaven knows of your pain and has sent me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 03:30 pm
Patio has become long in the sooth!

Hello Jesus Christ - how's it hanging?
0 Replies