Here's something for Bipolarbear. Stay out, Occom Bill!

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:36 pm
Nice! I gave the full name that wasn't the full name!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:39 pm
lol - knowledge exchange and all that.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:39 pm
hehehe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:42 pm
CCR was some of the first big kids music I liked. The hamburgers took me along to some party that a work colleague was having when I was about 10. Her kids were in their late teens and early 20's and had to entertain me. Which they did by allowing me to stay in the family room with them and their friends while they played some albums. CCR struck my ear, and I was discovered to be pretty cool for a small, extremely earnest child.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:36 am
dlowan wrote:
revel wrote:
I don't even know who credence was/is/?, but if it is anything like that lyric that bear quoted, I might check them out.

farmer, depressing. I suspect all the 'usual suspects' will come out with sunny attitudes.

Who was it that said the other day there is nothing left but vitriol? I had to look that word up but it sure seems to sum up everything.

Creedence (Credence?) Clearwater Revival.

Fabulous band - check 'em out....

Most of my life I lived in and around KY, my folks have always been into country music. During the years Creedence (Sorry for the spelling) was out I was probably too young to pick my music out for myself and listened to country.

We did have an experience that widened our kind of music. My dad was a post master and in order to advance we had to move around a lot. Anyway I was around 11 and my sister was 12 and my brother was 13. We had just moved to this town that seemed like Mayberry with a train track. My brother was outside and the next door neighbor introduced himself to him even though he was lot older. My brother brought him inside to meet the rest of our family and he played some Beatles albums. My brother fell in love with the Beatles then even though they had long broken up. It turns out the guy just got out of prison and he ended up being a bad influence on the whole neighborhood kids and soon all the kids that were around my brother's age were listening to Beatles and doing drugs. That guy even gave my brother a whole collection of original Beatles albums and my brother's obsession with the Beatles just grew and grew. The whole family had to listen to the albums over and over; needless to say, I am familiar with Beatles lyrics. Us kids all had our favorits, mine was Lennon and my brother and sister's was Paul. The trouble was that along with my brother's obsession with Beatles growing so did my brother's experiences with drugs. After about five years and a few moves later, my dad had a fit one night after my brother came home out of his head and broke every single one those original Beatles albums into small little pieces.

Just felt like telling a story, got inspired with ebeth's and it is a nice change from exchanging insults and or debating with brick walls.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:42 am
It IS, isn't it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:47 am
But that is a sad story!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 10:37 pm
Me, I'm older than you now, and was then. When I was twelve, rock around the clock was on the Radio!!!

So I was around for the showing up of various groups.

I did like Creedence;
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 10:47 pm
CCR's greatest song, by far, was "Graveyard Train"

Most people know little, if nothing, about the song.

I am listening to it right now.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:00 am
dlowan

Yea, I know; most of my stories after that time are sad because of my brother's drug problem as a young teenager. Those things have a way of affecting everything. That is one reason why I can't understand casual attitudes about drugs and alchohol.

But he is pretty well over it now and still likes to listen to his old songs from time to time; so I guess it didn't have hidden messages in them. :wink:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:19 am
"I wouldn't hold out any hope for the Creedence, though."

fbaezer...you arent around enough, chum. Any chance you are in a predicting mood?
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43914&start=0

I'd invite gus, but he'll just talk about the twins' undies.
0 Replies