Open And Read This Headline Carefully

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:20 pm
This is the funniest f*#king thing I've seen lately...

did all the proofreaders get the day off today?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/19/poll/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,668 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:27 pm
Okay, it's not that funny. I'd rate it a snort ... just shy of a snicker, not quite a chuckle or a chortle, and certainly not a guffaw.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:28 pm
Well I found it hilarious...you conservatives arent allowed to tell me what I find funny yet....so calm down, I think I hear Pavlov calling you....
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:30 pm
I don't get it unless you are talking about a sexual connotation.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:31 pm
Now if it were Bush Split....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:32 pm
you don't find it deliciously ironic and hilarious that the nation is divided about whether bush is a uniter or a divider?

doesn't that sort of answer it's own question?

C'mon folks this stuff isn't that hard.....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:36 pm
You know ... when you have to explain it, it reduces the humor value down from a snort ... http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/crudesmoke.gif
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:38 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
You know ... when you have to explain it, it reduces the humor value down from a snort ... http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/crudesmoke.gif

indeed it does reduce the humour value...of course if you're humourless to begin with...nothing ventured nothing gained....
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:41 pm
That is rich.

Although it make take a logician to sort out the real message: If the nation is split on whether or not he's a uniter, then he must necessarily be a divider, yes?

Or no...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:17 pm
It is the subtle wit which endlessly perplexes the self-righteous neoconservative.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 05:44 pm
I think they had to be aware of the irony of the headline. Somebody was giggling when they put that up there.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:56 pm
Irony can be very ironic sometimes.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:16 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I think they had to be aware of the irony of the headline. Somebody was giggling when they put that up there.

I agree. It's the kind of subtle comment copy editors like to sneak through because they're not the ones writing the editorials and thus can't express their feelings plainly. (I speak from experience.)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:26 pm
It would have been much funnier had Ticomaya posted it, but since Bi-Polar Bear posted it, I find it degrading and insulting.

(I feel I need to insert a smiley here to indicate this post was meant to be humorous before the lib squad jumps on my case. :wink: )
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:30 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It would have been much funnier had Ticomaya posted it, but since Bi-Polar Bear posted it, I find it degrading and insulting.

(I feel I need to insert a smiley here to indicate this post was meant to be humorous before the lib squad jumps on my case. :wink: )

mission accomplished... Razz
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:17 pm
It is very subtle; if you hadn't have pointed it out I probably would not have got it.

I am a little surprised at these two paragraphs:

Quote:
And 79 percent of poll respondents said they believe the inauguration ceremony will not do much to heal political divisions in the country. Eighteen percent said it would, and 3 percent had no opinion.

Also, 54 percent said the celebration should be toned down this year, compared with other inaugurations, because the country is at war. Forty-five percent said the inauguration should be held just as in other years, and 1 percent had no opinion.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:27 pm
Even if someone is a Bush lover, he/she ought to be able to recognize that Bush took this country from extraordinary post 911 unity to bitter accross-the-board division. That 49% of the people polled cannot see this is pitiful.

Now, for the funniest site I've been to in a long time, try this:

fuckthesouth.com/

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:07 am
Now, now. Using the word "f*ck" is vulgar.

(Unless Cheney says it.)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:09 am
Or unless you put in "***"

Smile
0 Replies

angie

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:34 pm
sorry, but it's a web address and putting in asterisks et al would have rendered it invalid.

It really is worth a visit - great laughs are difficult to come by these days.
0 Replies