What is Evangelism?

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 04:52 pm
@brianjakub,
Your assumption that people cannot function with a hormone imbalance is simply false.

As men get older than 30, testosterone drops significantly but there are still many men over 30 serving in the military without any problem.

Women over 30 their estrogen levels drop significantly also but that does not confine them to wheelchairs and mental institutes.

Your straw man is actually a woman in a man's body trying to get out.

As for bibles... Many clergy will argue that a sound mind comes from spiritual awareness. Though they may be errant in this idea, they still insist this is the case.

This is why religions send Bibles to soldiers, if they sent hormones they might actually do something real.
brianjakub

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 05:07 pm
@TheCobbler,
Men over 36 cannot join the military unless for special reasons. Physical health is the main reason and low hormone levels contribute.

Most men under 36 do not need hormones.

The military does not provide bibles nor should it admit people with special health requirements especially, if it includes plastic surgery. This should include drug therapy for mental problems, diabetes, major food allergies or, prosthesises for people missing limbs, eyeglasses for pilots and snipers etc. . . Why should transgenders which have built in health problems have special rights that these people with health problems don’t have when it comes to admission.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 07:00 pm
@brianjakub,
Most superior officers are over 36 and they do not site health reason when it comes to hormones even though they are highly deficient in hormones.

The military will use anyone with any health problem if it will help them win a war.

"Even bone spurs."

If I recall correctly, World War II was won by a gay man who was wrongly considered "mentally unfit" yet who was the only one smart enough to crack the German's enigma machine.

Your premise is hateful and errant.

With your predisposed bigotry towards transsexuals, I highly doubt you have the ability to contribute to a "team"... You might look to your own illness before you point a finger at others.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 05:14 am
@TheCobbler,
I never said gay people were unfit to serve. I said transgender people bring in complicated health issues. My nephew cant serve because he is diabetic.: My son couldn't serve because of his acne medication. I have no problem with the military screening them out and I love themt very much.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 06:44 pm
@brianjakub,
There are medics, even on the front line and the supply chain could certainly carry acne medication or hormones when necessary. All that is necessary is to put in a request.

Only severe skin conditions and burns that cause a range of motion limitation can disqualify military service. It is not because medication cannot be supplied. A few pimples or the need for hormones supplements are not a disqualifying condition, neither should it be.

Supplying a transgendered person with hormones is no more "complicated" than supplying women with tampons (birth control) and men with shaving razors (and condoms).

izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 01:28 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

There are medics, even on the front line and the supply chain could certainly carry acne medication or hormones when necessary.

I had a lodger once with terrible acne that required medication. One day he came back with only half his prescription. He was all set to get angry with the chemist who couldn't complete the script, until he found out that the same medicine was being used to treat an outbreak of the plague in India.

I don't think BJ has ever met any transgendered people, if he had he wouldn't keep trotting out all of his unfounded assumptions which are deeply offensive to the trans community. I applaud your attempts to educate him, but he appears more concerned in reaffirming his own prejudices than actually learning. If he was really interested in the trans community he would already have educated himself.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 02:27 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks Izzy, I find a good therapy is to often look at others who are in a worse situation and that is sometimes a good reason to be thankful for what little we have.

I am not sure why I sometimes feel guilty recommending that approach to others even thought it is really helpful.

I know I am lucky and even when I feel slighted or neglected i am still lucky I am not worse off than I am.

It takes taking a moment to stop and smell the roses to appreciate life in a spiritual and more meaningful way sometimes.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 04:45 am
@TheCobbler,
There's always someone worse off, and a lot of people are a lot worse off, just living in the West gives us a huge advantage.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 04:58 am

The valuable contribution made by trans people in the military.

Quote:
Kristin Beck (June 21, 1966) is a retired United States Navy SEAL who gained public attention in 2013 when she came out as a trans woman. She published her memoir in June 2013, Warrior Princess: A U.S. Navy SEAL's Journey to Coming out Transgender, detailing her experiences.

Beck served for 20 years in the U.S. Navy SEALs before her transition, taking part in 13 deployments, including seven combat deployments. She was a member of the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (also known as DEVGRU), a special counter-terrorism unit popularly called SEAL Team Six, and received multiple military awards and decorations, including a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart. She told Anderson Cooper she wanted to be a SEAL because they were the "toughest of the tough".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Beck

Quote:
Hannah Snell was born in Worcester, England on 23 April 1723. Locals claim that she played a soldier even as a child. In 1740, she moved to London and married James Summes on 18 January 1744. She named herself Bob Corigan so she could fight.

Following the death of her daughter, she moved to Portsmouth and joined the Marines. She boarded the ship Swallow at Portsmouth on 23 October 1747. The ship sailed to Lisbon on 1 November. Her unit was about to invade Mauritius, but the attack was called off. Her unit then sailed to India.

In August 1748, her unit was sent to an expedition to capture the French colony of Battle of Pondicherry in India. Later, she also fought in the battle in Devicottail in June 1749. She was wounded eleven times to the legs.

She was also shot in her groin and to avoid revealing her gender, she instructed a local woman to take out the bullet instead of being tended by the regimental surgeon.

In 1750, her unit returned to Britain and traveled from Portsmouth to London, where she revealed her sex to her shipmates on 2 June. She petitioned the Duke of Cumberland, the head of the army, for her pension. She also sold her story to London publisher Robert Walker, who published her account, The Female Soldier, in two different editions. She also began to appear on stage in her uniform presenting military drills and singing songs. Three painters painted her portrait in her uniform and The Gentleman's Magazine reported her claims. She was honorably discharged and the Royal Hospital, Chelsea officially recognized Snell's military service in November and granted her a pension in 1750 (increased in 1785), a rare thing in those days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Snell
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 12:28 pm
@TheCobbler,
So you think transgender and all other people that need medication to function to be allowed to serve no matter what?
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 12:29 pm
@TheCobbler,
I served in the military and was never given a razor or a condom.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 12:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
if he wouldn’t keep trotting out all of his unfounded assumptions
Could you list some of them please. I don’t. Think i have any.

How could i not meet transgender people? They are everywhere. I don’t ask or care. I treat everyone the same and I don’t ask them if their gender is natural or engineered.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 02:51 pm
@brianjakub,
Your use of the term engineered shows how you really feel. I don't need to list anything, Cobbler knows what I'm talking about.
brianjakub

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 03:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Doesn't a plastic surgeon engineer new opposite gender organs for a transgender person? Was that an inappropriate description of a surgical procedure?
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 05:02 pm
@brianjakub,
We are all "engineered" by biology and evolution.. But sometimes biology gets it wrong and science is here to help. People have teeth grow into the roof of their mouth and a dentist will extract them or move them with braces.

There are a myriad of birth defects that are correctable by surgery or an operation. Prosthetic hands and limbs are quite common in the military too.

Your use of the word engineered, is another example of using terminology to insult. When conjoined twins are separated do you refer do them as engineered?

No. Well gender reassignment is no different.

It is bad enough that people have to live with such a change in their life than to have others using derogatory terminology to describe them.

There are a lot of genitalia anomalies that are associated with birth.

The use of drugs and surgery are no different than getting a mole or having cataracts removed.

The person that decides to love a transgender individual is their own business and should not be scrutinized and defined by the narrow minded views of others.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 06:09 pm
@brianjakub,
I'm not arguing this with you, your choice of words reeks of prejudice and all you're trying to do is justify your prejudice and try to frame the debate into your own terms of reference.

You consider transgender people unnatural who are engineered, they are unfit for military service and are a drain on medical resources, and you lazily assume that all transgender people have surgery.

That's not the attitude of someone wishing to engage in serious debate or learn about different communities.
brianjakub

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 07:15 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Your use of the word engineered, is another example of using terminology to insult. When conjoined twins are separated do you refer do them as engineered?

Sorry. I have an engineering background. That was not intended as an insult. I thought it was a neutral statement.

Quote:
The person that decides to love a transgender individual is their own business and should not be scrutinized and defined by the narrow minded views of others.

I agree. That is why they shouldn't ask about a person's sexual preferences and just give them a pass no pass physical and psychological evaluation. That's the way it was in the past and worked just fine.

I had a friend that wanted to be a medic, but because of his psychological evaluation they said his personality would interfere with dealing with patients so he chose to be a cook. The military was fine with that.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 07:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You consider transgender people unnatural who are engineered, they are unfit for military service and are a drain on medical resources, and you lazily assume that all transgender people have surgery.

It appears to me that transgender people think that nature had a flaw in the system when there gender was assigned in their DNA, and they are choosing to engineer a correction. More power to them.

My daughter was born with Cerebral Palsy and is a spastic quadrapalegic. She has had her body engineered by surgeries and I am constantly engineering and adjusting things and equipment to make her life easier.

She owns her own house and lives on her own with paraprofessionals she hires to mtake care of her persona needs. Though she has not gone to the restroom herself, dressed herself, made a meal, or taken an unassisted step in her life. (confined to a wheelchair) I am very proud of her achievements. She (and a lot of other people) have been very successful in trying to engineer a normal life for her in spite of her disability. She graduated from college but, she will never be in the military, along with a lot of other people.

I do consider my daughter a natural person along with all other people that struggle through life. I suggest you nhave no idea how I feel about transgender people.

I consider us all one human community with equal rights for all.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 09:00 pm
@brianjakub,
A building is engineered, and automobile or even a wheelchair is engineered.

To call a person engineered is a cold and heartless degradation.

The Latin words for this figure of speech is conde censio or in English it is condescension. Giving a human the characteristics of a machine. A human is like a machine rather than a human. Like a static non thinking, non human cold and sterile thing, lifeless thing. You dehumanize and degrade its worth so you can discriminate. Discriminate from humanity so you can discriminate from service and the military.

You could have gone the other way and given a human the characteristics of a God. Like calling a transgender person "divine", angelic or celestial even a phoenix who has been transformed like a butterfly and survived the fires of hatred. This makes them a tough and hardened soul perfect for the battlefield.

The lowering of a person by the use of conde censio you might as well call them a piece of dust. Using DNA as an excuse to lower a person's humanity is a cop out. Well they are just a jumbled bunch of code so they are engineered. For an engineer you certainly seem uneducated in the most rudimentary fields of respect and decorum.

In the reverse, saying the ground was thirsty or the engine roared, raises an inanimate object up to the human level or giving God human characteristics like, God saw or written by the finger of God lowers God down to our level.

It is defamatory to refer to a human as a machine that is engineered. It seems that you are using figures of speech to elevate yourself but contrarily it in truth it only lowers and demotes yourself down into the dirt. The more you speak the further down you go.
brianjakub

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 09:06 pm
@TheCobbler,
I thought I clarified at the end of my last posted I thought all humans are equally human. No matter what they struggle with.