What is Evangelism?

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 07:06 am
@Albuquerque,
I wouldn't be to far off if I claimed the beef most intelligent people have with religious people is not even what they happen to believe in as we all have "beliefs" in stuff we cannot be sure of although our standards are higher, but with the kind of person they, the "religious folk are 99% of the time, which is blatantly, openly, stupendously STUPID!
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 09:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

They're stupid.

Izzy :
Thank you for not demeaning a group of people (you used the word "stupid" instead of "idiot").
izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 09:38 am
@NealNealNeal,
That's because I'm not stupid. "They're idiot" makes no sense grammatically because stupid is an adjective and idiot is a noun.
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 09:40 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

This kinda.

And btw, never thinking at all potential implications of such drug means you don't do much thinking.

People who don't think are by definition stupid.

Whether you decide I am right or wrong about vaccines is your own damned business, but telling me that I'm stupid when I've considered the possibility of unwanted side-effects and other people haven't is a pretty good indicator of their potential intelligence.

The Dems have terrified a lot of people.
And, the reason for the spread of corona virus is (1) China (2) hatred in America for one powerful man.
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 09:43 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

And, Noah lined all the dinosaurs up 4000 years ago, two by two and all the insects (including fruit flies) and moths, birds, cows, donkeys, horses, camels, hippopotamus, giraffes, rhinos, lions, tigers, cougars, elephants, rodents, geese, pigs, and birds that can't swim turkeys, every kind of dog and cat... and put them in the Ark for 40 day and 40 nights all 10 million species and varieties.

lol

It is stories like this that taught you to stop using your brain.

Did you ever consider the possibility that evolution (small "e") started after the flood?
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 09:47 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Have you ever thought of how many trillions of cubic feet of water would be needed so it covered all the mountains on earth?

And where did all that water go in just 40 days? Inside the thin crust of the earth? Impossible.

And with Noah's boat miles and miles up in the air floating on the surface above the mountains, how thin was the oxygen up there?

Your hatred and distrust for science and government allows you the freedom to put lipstick on a pig. Don't expect us all to admire your work.

Delusions not deluge...

The world was very different before the flood.
Have you ever heard of Providence,?
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 09:54 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Oh, and could the earth's cloud system atmosphere hold 500 trillion trillion cubic feet (tons) of water? No.

...That a story like this is used to prove the end of the world and "God's wrath" is arrogant and hateful toward future generations who deserve a chance at life and happiness too.

If you want to throw away your life well be a fool then.

The flood did not come solely from the atmosphere.
Again, the world was quite different before the flood.

Again, "science" is flawed by biases, ignorance, and arrogance when trying to explain the world in the past.
However, it is good at explaining the present world.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 09:56 am
@NealNealNeal,
The reason for the spread of the coronavirus is Fort Detrick Maryland.

Trump authorised it.
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 10:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's because I'm not stupid. "They're idiot" makes no sense grammatically because stupid is an adjective and idiot is a noun.

Thank you for not saying "they are idiots".
izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 10:05 am
@NealNealNeal,
Well done, you've learned a bit of grammar.

Miracles do happen.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 10:07 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The reason for the spread of the coronavirus is Fort Detrick Maryland.

Trump authorised it.

What would have happened if China had told the world about the virus in 2019?
Remember, the virus did not hit China for very long. They took action against it in China immediately.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 10:09 am
@NealNealNeal,
If Trump hadn't told Fort Detrick to manufacture and release the virus in China none of this would have happened.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 10:41 am
@Albuquerque,
You call yourself an intelligent person (as a way of calling religious folk dumb) but it may surprise you to know that nothing about my faith was arrived on by, well, faith.

The God of the gaps is a nice theory, thinking that things that can't be explained by some lack of education are going to be filled in with God, and that once a person knows everything about science, they see that everything has been explained, and there's no need for God.

Yeah that's a nice theory of your own. But the truth is, science is made by scientists. Some scientists tell the truth, some are clearly exaggerating to get more grant money.
Pasteur, instance led a campaign to suppress the results of anyone he didn't like, and once he cornered the market, not only were his theories taught as gospel, but he was able to set this idea that heating up liquids kills all bacteria forever, and that the result afterwards is fine. Actually, it's not. Milk for instance is stripped of all nutrients including lactase which prevents lactose intolerance, and then the heat resistant bacteria multiply and rot the milk. What pasteurization really does is make it safe to drink unsafe milk (corn-fed or mixed with fillers or containing trans fat because they fed the cows baked goods instead of grass) barely, and preventing milk made by none professionals. You have to buy rennet when milk would traditionally ferment on its own (now it just goes bad). Milk (and juice) are both pasteurized and then either stripped of their alcohol during freezing (Welch's method) or in the former case made homogeneous. In other words, maybe it increases shelf stability, but our food is no longer a living product. Even yogurt is zapped, and then they add bacteria back into it. Wheat? The germ is dead, actual grain is oily, they dry it and then have to supplement it with vitamins and minerals. As a resulr all of us each more and are obese because what we eat isn't nutritious.

We aren't as sophisticated as you think. We haven't explored the bottom of the sea. We "know" the Marianas Trench is 36,200 (awfully round number, don't you think) ft when the deepest submarine dive has been 35,813 ft. Just a note, while it sounds like you're pretty much at the bottom, pressure at this level in enormous. It's also pitch black, and since an expensive submarine is alreadt making sounds like it's gonna cave in on itself, it's probably pretty easy to declare you've been to the bottom. Especially when you are the state.
https://www.livescience.com/chinese-submarine-record-dive.html wrote:

The Chinese submersible Fendouzhe just reached one of the deepest spots on the planet, reaching a dizzying (and dark) depth of 35,791 feet (10,909 meters), according to a state-run news agency.

Must be nice to own the newspapers. No need to actually touch the bottom or see if there is in fact a deeper trench , just slap a big "DONE" on that, and business as usual.

We are told our Earth is a globe, and that satellites have explored all of it. Now, maybe satellites (inside the atmosphere) have, but they aren't telling us about unexplored lands for a reason.
https://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/spaceflight/sub-orbital/suborbital-satellites/
That's right, not only are there planes that can fly hours on hours, but it's easier to fulfill all satellite duties that it is to supposedly send them into outer space where instead rockets have been flying through. Uhhh yeah right. Supposedly there are thousands of satellites in space, yet we have an electromagnetic field surrounding the atmosphere. Ummm right because an EMP is something you want to spend millions and billions making a high tech ship only to have it short or blow up. We already know that planes short out at a certain altitude, but oh yeah it's okay because it's a rocket.

Okay, back to the reason. We show people a globe with everything filled in as a way of saying "nothing to see here, people". Actually, there is a very large amount of ocean on world maps, and when you learn about map distortion, you learn that the difficulty of turning a flat map into round or vice versa creates regions that must be filled in. We assume we've found all islands. We probably haven't. We assume we know whether the Earth is round or not. Oh really?
https://www.worldslastchance.com/flat-earth/countless-explorers-have-circumnavigated-the-globe.html
https://media.worldslastchance.com/english/images/ae-equidistant-projection-flat-earth-east-west.png
https://preview.redd.it/wg0s85h1nzvy.jpg?auto=webp&s=77df38658bcb26541c83fd059ce9d589ce99b365
http://flatearthdeception.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/water-lies-flat.jpg

Interestingly, many of these pages call it "absurd" while showing the picture basically giving the scientific equivalent of God of the gaps. " :flush: There's rules of science you know nothing about! " Okay, let's try centrifugal force. I can place water inside a frying pan, and cause it to stay inside the pan by wobbling and spinning back and forth. Great, let's try it on a globe. Sorry, you already lost! Inside of the pan is caved in, outside of the pan is dripping water.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kHRLmzjjM-w
Here we have a globe, notice water indeed does not "stick" to the globe despite its immense weight and constant rotation. I do not believe spinning faster would solve this problem.

Meanwhile, even if everything in science were solved, we would still need God in our lives for reasons having nothing to do with science. Questions about what happens to us after death, the reason for human suffering, and the presence of nonphysical things such as joy or sadness.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 10:52 am
@TheCobbler,
1. It wasn't "all the mountains" . It was all the lowlands. The water level raised only by 100 feet. Not into the stratosphere.
2. You're looking at it.
https://simpleclimate.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/picture-014.jpg

These are called "glaciers". They hold huge amounts of water in frozen form. So, ummm we used to have more of them, meaning there used to be a bridge near the Bering Sea. There also used to be land north of Australia.
Now glaciers only amount for 2.1% of the Earth's water.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 10:53 am
@izzythepush,
Anything to avoid blaming China, I guess.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 11:22 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Anything to lick Trump's arse.

It make sense, if you're going to launch a biological attack on your perceived enemies you don't release it at home. You release it abroad, which is why the virus was released in China.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 11:31 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Anything to lick Trump's arse.

It make sense, if you're going to launch a biological attack on your perceived enemies you don't release it at home. You release it abroad, which is why the virus was released in China.

What you are dealing here with Bulma, is...

https://i0.wp.com/freemoneypodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/tileburnedin.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 11:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Oh completely.

Personally I believe the WHO'S explanation. The virus jumped from animal to human at a wet market.

And the reason China has the virus under control is they don't take any **** from anti vax morons. They put the whole area under lockdown and punish offenders harshly.

Having said that if you want to grab hold of a conspiracy theory, Fort Detrick makes more sense.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 05:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Not at all.

The one doing obvious ass-licking is you.

Everyone originally believed the disease originated in a market in Wuhan (China). Conservatives then placed it in a lab in Wuhan instead after it became clear that this was more of a weapon than a random disease.

Quote:
The reason for the spread of the coronavirus is Fort Detrick Maryland. Trump authorised it.

A house divided against itself cannot stand, nor can a kingdom divided against itself last for long.

COVID quickly became a weapon used Trump, with active criticism leveled against him for not doing enough to "stop the spread" (Of what?) and again as a weapon, when forcing people to stay home meant they couldn't vote in person easily, getting legitimate votes (i.e. those that showed their ID and voted once) suppressed, while mail-in votes could be xeroxed or even typed up. This sort of vote fraud does nothing to support Trump's reelection (which he managed last time without any of that) and everything to help his enemies.

Why then, would he authorize it? He wouldn't! Your tale is just that, a fable.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 06:10 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Thank you so much for the quick kind and free lecture...I have learn so much today with you its astonishing how much you know!
I am humbly at a loss on what to say with so much wisdom coming from your end I gasp.
May the good Lord grant you a place in Heaven far away from us sinners forever and ever and ever to real Eternity in a black hole so that you don't have the displeasure of dealing with us the gaspacho police of Sciency, Philosostry and Metafeses!
0 Replies