What is Evangelism?

bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2022 11:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Wrong.

We are expected to love the sinner and hate the sin.

And we are expected not to struggle against flesh and blood, but from the powers and principalities in this Earth. That is, if it were the 1800s and the law said slavery was right, we should be expected not to make Civil War against men, but to speak out against slave ownership.
I am argumentative as hell, but I do not think I actually hate anyone here.
BillW

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2022 11:18 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
do not think
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 02:37 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 02:39 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
We are expected to love the sinner and hate the sin.

Could you please give me the chapter and verse for that?

And Jesus said... "Thou shalt love the sinner and hate the sin."

That is not in the Bible anywhere.

Jesus was "a friend to publicans and sinners" but it does not say he hated their sins.

Are you writing your own Bible now? Adding whatever you want wherever you want?

I don't remember Jesus instructing people to hate.

And which sins are you referring Jesus said to hate? And please give me chapter and verse for that.

Jesus spoke more against hypocrites than he did sinners or sin.

Do you know any hypocrites who hate other's sins more than their own?
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 02:42 am
In vaccine-shy Poland, COVID-19 deaths top 100,000

Comment
100,000 people in Poland have decided to ride motorcycles instead of getting the vaccine. (cynical)
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 07:13 am
@TheCobbler,
It's not in the Bible.
It's a paraphrase of another concept found in Jude 1:22-23
Quote:
Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

and Ephesians 6:12
Quote:
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

The secular world accuses the Christian of hate, but its hate is toward us as people, while the hate of a Christian is (ideally) directed against sin itself. Those people who actually kill gays can rightly be called bigots and the spirit of the Antichrist is in them as surely as those who kill Christians at End Times. The sin that should be hated is killing people , trying to play God.

Yet God himself is accused as a murderer. But Christians who know God will tell you that the worst God does is allow evil to happen. Suppose a man raped and killed a child, now suppose this man were youe uncle and you knew nothing of his crime. Now suppose he dies in a freakish accident. You would quickly blame God, no? Would you still blame God if his crime came out? (Probably so, God's still an easy target cuz he doesn't fight back)
bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 07:14 am
@BillW,
I'll think if I want to!
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 07:22 am
@izzythepush,
Actually they aren't.

COVID time, I've spent a ton of energy watching marathons instead even of productive hobbies (much less real work).
The boredom of avoiding people eventually hardens into ennui, then anhedonia (the condition of not being able to be happy), then nihilism, depression, and death.

It's simple. Be around other people, forget the mask thing. But it's far quicker and easier to cut oneself off, to live in sin (separation, not fun, is sin). To make excuses not to go back to work and live on the unemployment checks.

But the end result has no real perks at all.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 07:25 am
@bulmabriefs144,
It's a joke, intended for those with a sense of humour, not you obviously.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 07:38 am
@izzythepush,
It wasn't a very good one.

So I decided to take it seriously.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 07:53 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

God loves me plenty.

Only, I understand the difference between the love God gives and the "love" that the world gives. The love the world gives is a lie because it is conditional. No matter how much of a shitty troll I am, God's love remains.

The world tells me that I'm hateful but can't actually tell why. But I know why.
https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.301034912.9629/raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.u16.jpg

You see, I don't hate gays but I will tell them rightly that gay sex is a sin that will give them diseases. Admitting things are a sin is a good step.
And I don't hate illegal immigrants, but I hate that illegal immigration results
in exploitation of migrants, including sex trafficking and work exploitation.
And I don't hate transgender people, because I'm in the trans spectrum, but I do not want to surgically change my genitals because I know that the surgery causes sterilitiy.
And I don't hate people with masks or with vaccines though some of them probably want to kill me. But I won't hesitate to tell them when things are seriously wrong with either.

https://quotefancy.com/media/wallpaper/1600x900/1697838-Tara-Kelly-Quote-If-you-like-someone-you-tell-the-truth-because.jpg

You would not recognize "truth" if you fell over it.

This particular post is about as phony as it comes. If your blind guesses about a GOD and about what the GOD expects of you are correct...

...you've got a LONG way to go to meet those expectations, because you not only lie to others, you lie to yourself.

Lying to yourself is a greater "sin" than the supposedly unforgiveable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 08:34 am
@bulmabriefs144,
And he who is without sin cast the first stone...

You might start with hating your own clothes.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 08:52 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Yet God himself is accused as a murderer. But Christians who know God will tell you that the worst God does is allow evil to happen. Suppose a man raped and killed a child, now suppose this man were youe uncle and you knew nothing of his crime. Now suppose he dies in a freakish accident. You would quickly blame God, no? Would you still blame God if his crime came out? (Probably so, God's still an easy target cuz he doesn't fight back)

"I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments
for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate
me, down to the third and fourth generation."

Deuteronomy 5:9
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 11:23 am
That makes me wonder what Frank’s old man was like. Mom too.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 11:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, Leadfoot he chooses to focus on that.

Especially since the passage nearby talks about God wants to reward even the thousandth generation of those who do right by him.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2022 11:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Are you perhaps projecting here?

Also, you have very much impressed on me your own inability to recognize truth.

You think the world we live in is true, even though most of of what is told to you is bullcrap parroted by high school science teachers who have never studied anything themselves. Meanwhile, you dismiss ultimate truth in favor of a great delusion.

As they say, "Truth seems like hate to those who hate the truth." Pilate at least admitted he didn't understand what truth was when Jesus talked to him.

Quote:
28Then they led Jesus away from Caiaphas into the Praetorium. By now it was early morning, and the Jews did not enter the Praetorium, to avoid being defiled and unable to eat the Passover.

29So Pilate went out to them and asked, “What accusation are you bringing against this man?”

30“If He were not a criminal,” they replied, “we would not have handed Him over to you.”

31“You take Him and judge Him by your own law,” Pilate told them.

“We are not permitted to execute anyone,” the Jews replied. 32This was to fulfill the word that Jesus had spoken to indicate the kind of death He was going to die.

33Pilate went back into the Praetorium, summoned Jesus, and asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?”

34“Are you saying this on your own,” Jesus asked, “or did others tell you about Me?”

35“Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed You over to me. What have You done?”

36Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm.”

37“Then You are a king!” Pilate said.
“You say that I am a king,” Jesus answered. “For this reason I was born and have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to My voice.”

38“What is truth?” Pilate asked.

You see my words as false because of a failing of yours. You would probably have a similar reaction if a mailman came to your door. "That man seems nice but the messages he delivers are evil. They are filled with bills and taxes. I shall take care of him (pulls out BB gun)." Now is the mailman really that bad or is he simply delivering a message. Nevetheless, because you dislike his message, or even what you believe is his message, he gets pelted with balls of metal.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2022 01:44 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

That makes me wonder what Frank’s old man was like. Mom too.

That's an interesting point, now I'm beginning to wonder about your parents.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2022 01:45 am
January 6th Committee documents suggest Meadows involvement in fake elector scheme
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/january-6th-committee-documents-suggest-meadows-involvement-in-fake-elector-scheme-130753093989

Fake elector struggles to explain role in scheme to submit false election papers
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/fake-elector-struggles-to-explain-role-in-scheme-to-submit-false-election-papers-130755653627

McCarthy facing another possible Republican indictment as Gaetz case develops
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/mccarthy-facing-another-possible-republican-indictment-as-gaetz-case-develops-130753605517

Comment:
Love the sinner, hate the sin...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2022 01:46 am
@bulmabriefs144,
So science teachers are stupid?? How do you feel about Math, is that bogus as well.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2022 02:39 am
@glitterbag,
He doesn't understand Shakespeare either, it's just comics for him.