Jihad at Home

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 02:44 am
I sincerely apologize to Mr. Asherman for not being able to continue our discussions. I seem to lose interest in posting from time to time in favor of other things you can guess at, some of which are beyond my ability to control.

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/pfriendly.php?url=/news/regionalnews/38704.htm

http://www.richardmullenax.com/?page=columns&art=32947

This isn't an isolated incident. Things like this have been happening for quite a while now on a pretty consistent basis. An "Honor" murder here, a Jew beaten senseless by Muslims there, entire libraries of Islamic "educational"/terror/hate paraphernalia strewn about openly and shamelessly. Is it any wonder that the 9/11 terrorists used New Jersey as a staging hub before the attacks?

Whether the media pick up on it or not is, to us, irrelevant. If a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears it, it still decays on the forest bed. BTW To Muslims, being atheist like myself and not believing in God is only technically worse than being Christian or Jewish (Not that it makes much of a difference to them, but the emotional factor isn't as high).

Most of my family lives in New York and New Jersey. The latter is, more or less, a suburban zone of the Big Apple, a type of lesser metropolis. Many of my relatives live within an hour's drive from George Washington Bridge. Well, on a good traffic day, anyway.

I love New York.

Though I never used to.

Let me Explain:

To me, New York was the place where the world began and where it was meant to end. I was born there, raised there, went to school there, learned to drive and had my first kiss on a baseball field there.

Which is to say: New York was nothing special to me.

It was just normal; the type of affluent, clean, privileged place I thought everyone would - or should - live in. If they didn't, then it was a cruel injustice, and every injustice has its victims and villains, while every villain had authority and power. How else could they force people to live in such squalor? How else to explain it?

In other words: I was a hopeless, ignorant child.

So what changed? Many things actually. But the most profound change was my decision to join the military.

At the University, everyone romanticized and idealized exotic places and foreign cultures: Europe, Africa, Arabia, the Orients, etc. And like most people who joined the military, I wanted to see and experience this wider world.

Several years in the Navy passed. What did I learn? Pretty much what every sailor in the Navy learns. I learned that your average Brit has the manners of a street thug. I learned that Paris is a ghetto and that the French should be shot for False advertisement. I learned that Italian ports smell... unnatural...and have toxic waste for water. I learned that Indian waters have the color, opacity and viscosity of caramel. I learned that Black sailors say that they are glad that their ancestors were brought to America as slaves and away from the nightmare that is Africa (they meant it too). I learned that the Japanese, who constantly carp about racism and hold themselves up as paragons of equality, have racially segregated bars, restaurants, recreational facilities and just about everything else (But hey, they're polite about it). I learned that in Bahrain, a Saudi can publicly beat his wife (one of them) for having GLANCED at an American sailor, while every Arab in the street calmly walks by in a culture we are ordered to RESPECT. I learned what the Spanish should have learned in the days before their election: that the world is not a friendly place. And I haven't even mentioned any Enemy countries yet. Frankly, I haven't been to one (I think).

In short, along with my crew and shipmates, I learned to be homesick, to appreciate something I never imagined I might "lose," and never realised I Loved. To be sure, there were alot of nice places in the wider world like Australia and Singapore. But as we came to understand, the only ones we enjoyed were also those that most resembled America, and those that reminded me of New York. The obvious truth is, everyone in the military always wants to go home...because home is a place where all the spite and evil we witness in the world can't touch us. It's our safe-haven, our sanctuary, and we work hard to keep it that way. Foreigners and domestic elites deride this sentiment as "Fortress America" or isolationism. Only out-of-touch elites think that Americans believe those words are derogatory.

I no longer romanticize the rest of the world. I've found that the people who live there live in misery for a reason. The true villains aren't necessarily found in places of power as much as it is found in the breadth of the common man on the street. To that end, the Dictator is more the symptom, rather than the cause of a wicked and sick culture. When I think about the assumptions I had, and those that my former University colleagues probably still have, the magnitude of the naivete astounds me. Especially when it comes to our enemies. They talk about the natives and treat them like "noble savages". But I have experienced the savagery and none the nobility.

Here is the New York Times version of the New Jersey slaughter:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/15/nyregion/15jersey.html?8br

I've always wanted to go to Haifa, Israel. The Israelis I've met are very nice and jovial in person. But what I don't envy about Israelis is their fatalistic sensibility. It isn't that they're not angry or passive about their situation. It's that they've come to accept that reality in their country. They're resigned to the constant terror bombings, fear and threats to their country. In an American sense, they've already lost their homeland, their sanctuary, and many Jews consider our country their only true safe-haven.

That is my worst fear: that what we witnessed in the Bad-lands will one day arrive on our shores and spread. Or worse, that it is already spreading so uncontrollably that we will come to accept it as inevitable with the tacit approval, even collaboration, of domestic enemies and false patriots (the type the military can't fight). You can see it in the way the media downplays every enemy atrocity, foreign or domestic, and the terms and omissions used to sanitize the information. Like Arabs in Bahrain as they stridently walk by the brutality in their midst.

When the genuinely oppressed and the persecuted find that they have no home left, they've always come to ours.

But when the home we fight for is no longer the home we return to, where will we go?

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
-- Winston Churchill
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,211 • Replies: 15
No top replies

graffiti

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 03:14 am
Watch out: the politically correct majority here will soon descend.

I will step in but once, leave the email notifications off, and tell you how beautiful I think your post is.

Naive is correct and you will soon (as will I) be attacked by the hordes who will not face facts, but will parrot abstractions en masse. They will remain forever stuck in, as you posted, " ... the assumptions ... my former University colleagues ... still have, the magnitude of the naivete astounds..."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 05:00 am
Rykehaven, I have looked carefully at your sources.

Assuming that you will welcome any attempt at discussion, not presuming it is "an attack by the hordes who will not face facts", (since you have placed this on an open discussion board, not one dedicated to believers in your thesis), but as an invitation to reasoned and informed discussion, I am sure that you will be happy to give your evidence for this statement:

"This isn't an isolated incident. Things like this have been happening for quite a while now on a pretty consistent basis. An "Honor" murder here, a Jew beaten senseless by Muslims there, entire libraries of Islamic "educational"/terror/hate paraphernalia strewn about openly and shamelessly. Is it any wonder that the 9/11 terrorists used New Jersey as a staging hub before the attacks? "

I see there has been a terrible murder which may, or may not, be the work of Islamist extremists.
I am interested to see what other evidence you may have to support your thesis.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 05:44 am
rykehaven

A family of devout Coptic Christians was murdered in New Jersey. Although there is no clear indication yet as to the identity of the murderer, there is speculation that it could be a disgruntled former tenant or participants of an internet forum who disagreed with the religious views expressed by the father in debate.

I'm really not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Confused
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 10:54 am
We all see what we want to see.

I'd say you went to the wrong parts of Paris and Italy if that's the only impression you came away with.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:08 am
Bombing abortion clinics is the work of a few deranged individuals.

A Muslim murdering a Christian is evidence of Jihad.

Hmm...

OK. You hate Muslims. That's your privilege. But this is conspiracy theory nonsense unless you have some evidence.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:26 am
Quote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_011705_murderedfamilynoon.html

But ABC News has learned that a cousin of the slain family has been a translator working for the prosecution in the trial of Lynne Stewart. She is the radical lawyer accused of smuggling messages from imprisoned Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, to terrorist cell members and associates

I found this to be very interesting!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:50 am
rykehaven, I too enjoyed your post although I have no idea where you stand from it.
0 Replies

rykehaven

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:50 pm
*hysterical chuckle*

The Training cycle is over! ... for now. *cheers!* We've done wonders in FEP, UD, INSURV, Mass Casualty and the rest.

Sorry.

I just had to get that in. But after running myself ragged for Training Teams and AAW/ASW/SUW coordination drills for weeks on end, I'm exhausted. So is the crew for that matter. Many are taking gratuitous leave following a job well done. And why not? The Engineers especially deserve a BZ. I should have put in for Leave myself. God knows I'm already in danger of forfeiting excess weeks of leave (Like last year).

Alot of things have appparently happened while I was gone. I had to dig back in the archival pages for this thread. It'll be nice to post again. Talked to my Aunt and we touched on the above situation.

OK. I'm tired. I'm Beat. I'm rambling. Let me sleep on it and dream of the Battle E. Tomorrow I'll gather my thoughts after the workday.

P.S. I still can't find anyone who calls a Navy Captain a "Field-Grade Officer." All of my colleagues agree that it's an Army term *yawn*
0 Replies

rykehaven

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 07:50 pm
Quote:
Watch out: the politically correct majority here will soon descend.

One of the things that everyone here eventually experiences is the jaded "anti-war" protest. Someone told me one of their stories involving a port visit to Britain (Portsmouth?). Some of the protestors were covered in what looked to be blood. One was dressed up as a US GI with beet red liquid covering his hands (Apparently, he tried to bring a toy weapon to brandish, but security took it away from him).

"You know, that paint almost looks like real blood..." Then someone later told him that it WAS real blood. Like blood from a Chicken? A Cow?

No.

REAL Human blood.

Apparently, the protestors got access to a blood bank. As for my bloody peace sightings, some jackasses also used blood by throwing small bottles of it onto the USS Philippines in New York City during Fleet Week. These protests are irritating, but not an overt threat.

And military personnel generally build a comparatively thick skin. The best way to cope with protestors (unless they're hurling and brandishing something other than insults) is calm discipline and a professional display. The less committed just give up. The Die-hards get angrier and just spin themselves up some more.. I imagine they think we're arrogant. Some just get comical by mooning us. Laughing

Quote:
Assuming that you will welcome any attempt at discussion, not presuming it is "an attack by the hordes who will not face facts", (since you have placed this on an open discussion board, not one dedicated to believers in your thesis)

I don't regard an inquiry "on an open discussion board, not one dedicated to believers in your thesis" as "an attack by the hordes who will not face facts." If the aim of your concern is genuine (not a straw man), you have nothing to worry about.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 10:30 am
Navy Captains and Army Colonels, both O-6. Field Grade isn't Navy, just equivilent. Sorry if I've misled. Look forward to hearing more from you now that you've completed a cycle. What's next?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:44 am
Ryke Third:-

If all your other characterisations of nations are as stupid as the one about the brits there is nothing to be learned from your interminable post.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:57 am
Quote:
Ryke Third:-

Now, that was funny.
0 Replies

rykehaven

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:44 pm
dlowan wrote:
Rykehaven, I have looked carefully at your sources.

I wonder if that's true.

Quote:
Assuming that you will welcome any attempt at discussion, not presuming it is "an attack by the hordes who will not face facts", (since you have placed this on an open discussion board, not one dedicated to believers in your thesis), but as an invitation to reasoned and informed discussion, I am sure that you will be happy to give your evidence for this statement:

"This isn't an isolated incident. Things like this have been happening for quite a while now on a pretty consistent basis. An "Honor" murder here, a Jew beaten senseless by Muslims there, entire libraries of Islamic "educational"/terror/hate paraphernalia strewn about openly and shamelessly. Is it any wonder that the 9/11 terrorists used New Jersey as a staging hub before the attacks? "

I see there has been a terrible murder which may, or may not, be the work of Islamist extremists.
I am interested to see what other evidence you may have to support your thesis

Reading your post, I can see a recurring theme. I should probably deal with it now rather than later. To be sure, in reading this forum, I've wanted to post about it for some time. And it has to do with using the Net links as Evidence.

Joe Republican wrote:
You need to look at both sides of the argument, the sites you visit daily are propaganda machines put out by the RNC to brainwash people. Articles such as you posted, only look at one side of the story, distort the facts and present an acute point of view.
You really need to go to the horses mouth to find out what is going on.

He was referring to my use of an article from the Diplomad blog disparaging the UN's relief efforts.

Many people use the Mass Media, the Internet, and other such as their Source to inform their opinions. Nothing wrong with that, and though we may argue which source in the media is better, there are always some diamonds in the rough. Joe Republican seemed to think that this was my method. In fact, he did it himself and posted a link to the UN website to support his arguments. He expected his counter-linked Source to offset my "Source." Perhaps he thought I would continue linking him articles, and the game would have gone on.

I didn't.

what a sorry state of affairs. The "evidence" you're referring to is whatever we can mine from the media. We can find a Source anywhere to back up whatever point we want to vindicate or vilify. As a result, no one is likely to come away convinced.

What's the point? We'd be parroting "propaganda machines".

And therein lies the difference. The Media is not and never was my Source. Read the "thesis" again and heed: I didn't write it after reading about the Armanious family in the NY Post and the NY Times.

I wrote it because of a call from my Uncle (who eventually sounded like he was bouncing off the wall) and my Aunt (who calmed him down. I don't know how she does it). They, like much of my family, lives in New Jersey and New York, uncomfortably close to the events which have rocked our little niche of the world. Granted, much of the Evidence they have is circumstantial to the Armanious case. But all that means is that they know the local context of that specific case. It is that context where the Media/Net has mostly faltered, and where it obfuscates.

A dictionary can define the Words of a language. But only a Native can tell you what they mean.

I link to the Media for different purposes, but it is never because it is my bedrock Source. I haven't posted often in other people's threads, because there is often nothing I can offer. If you're looking for a list of Mass media links or blog links from me, I'm wasting your time - or mine. You know as well as I do that you can Google the information on your own. Anyone can do that. However, it cannot be emphasized enough that your best Source is of information is First-hand Experience.

Not mine, which is just another article on the Net. But your own. And surfing the Net is not Experience

You quoted my post this far:

Quote:

But you didn't quote far me enough:

Quote:
Whether the media pick up on it or not is, to us, irrelevant. If a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears it, it still decays on the forest bed.

I didn't come by my low opinion of the UN's relief efforts because I read about it in a blogs. I read the blog. And I judged that its story was accurate.

Arrogant? I don't think so: http://www.able2know.com/forums/about42426.html

I didn't post Mark Gaffney's article because he enlightened me about the US Navy's vulnerabilities. I posted it (a little too recklessly) because he seemed to have technical knowledge about Iran's tactical and operational specifics. By the time I actually read it, it was clear that he was incompetent.

What? He's a widely published "expert"? He has widely-held prestige in journals and the Mass Media and the Internet? He's the kind of evidentiary Source everybody's looking for?

So what? I can still demolish his arguments faster than a journalist can imagine a quagmire. Mark Gaffney is a reporter who, like too many people, sound like they got their information from Media sources, who then quote other media sources, who then quote the internet with links. And on and on and on. It's called an echo chamber. And if a person "knows" about a Subject only from reading Sources, he's a victim of the delusions created by the Media. The Media/Internet is not a good Source of information. It is not Holy Writ. It is usually janus-faced, always loud, and often wrong or only half-right. But too many people rely on it, because, understandably, that's the only Source available to them. Because they're Lazy.

And so, subconsciously, they heap more and more trust onto it.

And they assume everyone else does the same.

But having media consensus and virtual information is not the same as being Right. And as one SecDef put it: The absence of evidence (or a news article) is not evidence of absence.

The UN website has nothing to teach my Commo about Disaster relief. The Media has nothing to teach the Marines and the Army about War and making Peace. Mark Gaffney has nothing to teach me about Naval Doctrine, weapons and capabilities. And I'm not sure what my relatives need to be taught about living in New York or New Jersey, especially by the Mass media. You can Google about it. And find a whole lot of "evidence." There's a ton of that out there, but it won't help you. None of it is air-tight, or without suspicion, if you don't want to believe it. Evidence doesn't come stamped with God's seal of approval. Let's be honest:

You're not looking for "evidence." You're looking for "credibility."

I've offered myself as a Source, as my family members are mine. I could be lying. Or we could be lying. Or mistaken. About everything. I admit I'm quite Human. Or we could just be a part of that RNC "propaganda machine." I've thought about how to give you something definitive. I can't. No matter how I cut it, it keeps coming down to one reality: You need Evidence to believe me. I need Faith to give you Evidence you'd believe.

Would I be a diamond? Or merely a piece of Coal? You be the Judge.
0 Replies

rykehaven

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 12:10 am
msolga wrote:
rykehaven

A family of devout Coptic Christians was murdered in New Jersey. Although there is no clear indication yet as to the identity of the murderer, there is speculation that it could be a disgruntled former tenant or participants of an internet forum who disagreed with the religious views expressed by the father in debate.

I'm really not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Confused

That's because I'm a long-winded American with No editing skills who beats around the bush.

I don't need to read this, and maybe you don't either.

But some people do. Believe me.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html?page=1&c=y

To this day, 9/11 was a watershed event in more ways than one. This is especially and obviously true in the shadow, or absence, of the Twin Towers: New York City and the region surrounding it like New Jersey.

There are Three Poles that the Muslim community gyrates towards regarding the 9/11 attacks. The First posits that the attacks were carried out by Islamic radicals bent on destroying America. It's a weak Pole. Few NY/NJ Muslims gravitate to this belief and fewer are outspoken about it. Hopefully that will change with time.

Followers of the Second Pole believe that the United States had it coming...that the 9/11 attacks were justified, a sign that Allah was on their side and was not indifferent to the plight of Muslims. It was the will of Allah Almighty. This sentiment is pretty much in tune with a story an AG once told me about his time in 5th fleet HQ. After the 9/11 attacks hit, the atmosphere around the base, the Muslims who he thought he knew, changed dramatically. They were far more confident, ebullient ----- and hostile, around foreigners and especially around Americans. They had their pride back, and took pride in what the 9/11 Hijackers did. To them, it was a strike back at the Empire like the Battle of Midway, not a sneak attack like Pearl Harbor. Seeing the devastation, Muslims took ownership of it and embraced the Hijackers as their heroes. They were not alone in doing so, of course.

When the Towers fell, the American Empire was on the verge of collapse. When the United States declared that Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban were responsible for the attacks, we had nobody to blame but ourselves - and not enough proof. When the US military deployed, we were about to murder thousands of people, making millions more refugees. When the opening salvos were launched in Afghanistan, we were in a unilateral quagmire, a graveyard of empires awaiting the next arrogant superpower. When we were defeated in Mazar E Sharif, America had squandered the International Community's sympathy. When Americans froze in the brutal winter, the Afghans had us Right where they wanted us. When American soldiers were slaughtered in Kabul, our Air Force slaughtered countless unarmed men, women and children. In October, we had our last gasp.

By November, the Afghans had vanquished their enemy----

----the Taliban. They cheered in the streets and jubilantly fired shots into the air, having been delivered by their liberators ---- The Northern Alliance. Europeans stood resolute and defiant in the face of an obvious psycho and terrorist ---- Osama Bin Laden (Not Bush). Mettle and resolve had been tested and proven amid great adversity ---- The West won. The validation of the International Community's will was complete ---- the UN was victorious.

And NY/NJ Muslims? The Second Pole weakened. The hijackers were evil, though "evil" was subjective. 9/11 was terrible --- horrible --- No one ever believed otherwise. The Muslim terrorists were not practicing Islam. In fact, they weren't even Muslim.

They were Joos.

This is the Third and most alluring Pole for NY/NJ Muslims. Throughout the Afghan war, up until it ended with the destruction of the Taliban, the press repeatedly insinuated or stated outright that there was no proof that Islamic terrorists and/or Osama Bin Laden took down the World Trade Center. That was the more benign assertion, if any attempted cover-up of the worst terrorist attack on our shores can be called benign. Those sentiments never died in the wider world (they flourish), not even in the US. And not in New Jersey.

But the worst was yet to come: The more conspiracy-minded identified the parties that most benefited from the 9/11 attacks (as they saw it). Some tried to claim that the real culprits of the suicide attacks were right-wing fanatics like George Bush. Others claimed our President knew about the attacks and encouraged or turned a blind eye to them, then reaped political capital amidst the ruins. But most Muslims in New Jersey believe that, although the former and the latter had a hand in 9/11, the true benefactor, and by extension the perpetrator of the attacks, was (is) Israel.

Some Muslims aspire to the Second Pole believing that America deserved 9/11 --- but above all, Muslim terrorists weren't responsible. Some grudgingly tell you that Osama Bin Laden was responsible ala the First Pole, then lapse into rationalizations that we're doing exactly what the Mossad wants. Often, they quibble about the "evidence" (with Big scare quotes). But most will now tell you with a straight face (without shame or embarrassment) that they believe a Jewish Conspiracy is responsible. It's amazing (to us), but true. There isn't a library to hold all the conspiracy theories and articles of paranoia that the Muslims unabashedly hold up. There's a cottage industry. Snoop around any place where there are Muslims, and it's not hard to find.

No, they're not the only ones. No ethnic group is Monolithic. Someone should be judged according to his/her personal merits. Unfortunately, the Muslims don't agree. I don't call them a Community because I think they are. I call them that because they think are and keep telling us they are. The conspiracy theories are conventional wisdom among Muslims. It's why, in New Jersey and New York, in the shadow of 9/11, there is a chasm that can't be crossed.

My Aunt (ever the understanding one) gave me some insight (Sort of). It has become her common method not to say that the Terrorists were Islamic (I gagged). Instead, she tries to convince them that the Terrorists were not Jewish. But she ran into immediate problems. Telling a Jersey Muslim that the Hijackers were not Jewish is like telling a Jew that the Hijackers were not Muslim. So who were they? The obvious implication to the latter is that they were Jewish, just as the implication of the former is that they were Muslim, and the Muslims feel that they are being libeled (well, my Aunt says so). I can't understand her patience.

Paraphrased Question: "Why would the Israelis attack the U.S.?"

Paraphrased Response: "You think the Hijackers were Muslim? Why do you hate Arabs?"

Rolling Eyes

Not surprisingly, Jews usually don't identify themselves near the possibility of Muslim company. Unless they're looking for broken limbs. What? Never heard of it? No articles? It doesn't happen?

Bull.

Sure, you'll see a few Rabbis espousing understanding and brotherhood with an Imam, smiling for the cameras. (I love All of our out-of-touch Elites. It's Valentine's Day) But no sensible person in the same zip code as NY/NJ Muslims would identify himself as Jewish unless - once again - he is ready for a beat-down or Criminally Ignorant.

But you don't need me to tell you that. As I recall, one port in Australia had a Muslim Community we were told to stay away from (near Darwin?) The threat to us was considered High for that reason. Then again, perhaps US Naval Intelligence (and Common Sense) was wrong. Somebody should go there and find out by wearing a Star of David. Or an American Flag. Or an Israeli one.

(On second thought: Don't. I don't want anybody on my conscience)

Yes. There are plenty of Muslims who have murdered their wives, in fact Any female relative if they have engaged sexually with another man, even if it is rape and even if it is by another family member. My cousin's friends thought that Muslim girls don't like Non-Muslim boys because several gave them the cold-shoulder. That may be true. However, they later learned that if a Muslim girl were to date a Non-Muslim her father, brother or concerned Imam might mark her for death to protect their Honor (and her's). If she were to marry someone outside their religion or worse, Convert, it would be Shameful or Unholy or something, and she would be as good as dead.

Not true?

I don't care how PC or sensitive the JCPD, NYPD and all the other PDs get. Make no mistake, I respect the men in blue. But word gets out eventually. Assault is easy for the media to cover-up. Murder, less so - though perhaps with some tidbits expunged. Like the criminal's religion and his motivation.

Robbery, my @$$ (Pardon, I'm not directing that at you).

Money wasn't the target. The family was. My Uncle was furious because he couldn't understand why the Media thought he was stupid enough to believe them; that the Armanious family was murdered for their Money. Why put up such an obvious charade? When I hung up, I already knew the answer; my Uncle wasn't the target of the lies. No, the Media could never fool a local, not even a dumb one. Nobody's fooled. Not the Copts. Not other Christians. Not the Jews. Not the Hindus, the Buddhists, the Atheists, the Wiccans, and perhaps, not even the Muslims. But they can fool everyone else because they have the Megaphones. And they're annoyingly obnoxious and difficult to ignore.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:14 am
<shrug> two groups that have historical differences with one another find the violence between them escalated when global events involving both groups become public knowledge.

Anyone surprised by this doesn't know much about human nature.

Looking for a deep conspiracy theory to explain it is not necessary.

Now, one thing that came up in this thread was an interesting idea. What would America be like if foreign attack became common place and accepted... it's an intriguing thought. Thankyou for posing it.
0 Replies